McKenzie vs. Huntingdon in two weeks!

duckman38201

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because, if I'm not mistaken, you were in the press box, right? It was probably a little difficult for you to see. Ask some of your Rebel fans where it is. They were climbing all over the mustang making pictures after the game. After our other three losses at home this year, no other team did that. Can't you Rebel fans take your win without denigrating the opposing team and their facility? I have family members who played for the Mustangs Friday night. I can tell you that they played their hearts out and most definitely didn't want to lose the game. Not necessarily because they were playing against McKenzie but because they never want to lose a game. That's not why they play nor does any other young man who steps on a field. Thankfully your attention is now on the playoffs and off this game.

I am not my brothers keeper and I still didnt see the statue. Frankly I dont care about a statue. I wouldnt care if we errected a Giant 7ft Colonel Reb on Bell Ave in McKenzie. You guys should do well in 1A playoffs and you moved the ball as well as any team has on McKenzie this year. Maybe you can send me a picture of the statue and Latitude and Longitude of its where abouts so that I can plug it in to my Garmin if I ever do give a "hoot". Or maybe we can take an Art class together at Bethel U and then we can discuss paintings, collages, murals, and even statues.

Surely the Mustangs aren't the only team that doesnt like losing. I dont think anyone likes to lose. Show me a man who likes to lose and I will show you a loser.

I also dont recall "dogging" anyones family.

Best of luck to you in the playoffs, I honestly hope you do well. :thumb:

Edited by wannab

I know what is wrong with these Makenzy folks. They have the little brother syndrome. You know, where they can never live up to the accomplishments of the big brother and are always looking for ways to get the big brother's approval and draw attention to themselves. I believe if they could find something of their own they might stop all this foolishness. Why would people from Makenzy want to take their picture with Huntingdon's mascot? Why would they want to hang a banner on Huntingdon's field trying to claim it as Redbell field? Why would they want to try and ring Huntingdon's victory bell? Why would they want to waste time in Huntingdon, driving around town after a win, when they could go home and celebrate? I think I know the reason. First, Makenzy has no tradition of their own. Can anybody from Huntingdon name just one tradition at Makenzy ?? Why else would they want to embrace all of Huntingdon's traditions? Second, they don't even have their own field. They play at the Makenzy Primary School. Why don't some of you wealthy, Makenzy flea market folks build your own field out there by that new big school y'all got and give those little kiddies over there, their recess playground back? Third, let's talk about that mascot you use. On second thought, we better not. We all know the story behind that outdated, insensitive figure, don't we? Fourth, what in the world is that catchy little tune you use as a "fight" song. It sounds a little familiar. Is it....no, it can't be....is it Rocky Top?? How original!!!

So it seems to be pretty clear. Makenzy has nothing that they can call their own! No Tradition, No Field, No Mascot, No Song. No wonder they want to steal all of Huntingdon's !

Finally, And I really hope this is not true, but I hear a rumor that now Makenzy may even be trying to imitate a college out on the west coast. You know, the one with the initials USC. hmmmmm.....

You asked allot questions in your post and I can answer most of them with three words "because we can" That whoopin must be still be stinging :roflol:

Edited by chipintn

Going into this game I was a little uncertain about the outcome. Being an '09 alumni of McKenzie I knew how important this game was for the school as well as the town. Winning this game would be 5 straight wins for McKenzie over Huntingdon, 3 straight at Paul Ward Stadium. Coach Comer and crew were prepared for this match-up. For the past two weeks everyone has asked me, "What is do you think about this game?" and all I could say was, "Get your popcorn ready!!!" :popcorneater:

McKenzie needs class? :roflol: A couple of years ago I remember a certain Huntingdon individual at a Babe Ruth Huntingdon/McKenzie game,(sure it's baseball but it's Htown/Mactown), that told all the McKenzie fans in the stands that they were trash and needed to go home to their trailers. <_< And the Huntingdon coach was the one that said this. Now was there any class or sportsmanship in this? I didn't see any.

Now it's McKenzie and Huntingdon, the cross-the-creek rivalry, it's going to get intense and crazy, especailly when it comes to football but there's no sense in that what so ever. Swenson just didn't have a good enough game plan going into this shootout. Huntingdon didn't look too bad but still had many errors. #18 and #11 were two great players. They ran the ball hard and did a little damage. Max Arnold's air game just picked the Huntingdon defense one by one.

Now as for McKenzie people doing stuff over with yall's statue, I don't know. I didn't wait long enough to see any of that going on. There will always be people that are like that on both sides during this game. But overall McKenzie fan are loyal and not winers. Huntingdon fans are much the same too. But McKenzie did dominate this game. After two straight possessions with the outcome being fumbles, Huntingdon didn't have much of a chance.

For us being so-called unsportsmanlike, who even thought of that? Now I understand that in a rivalry game usually both teams want to run the score up because well it's your rival. Coach Comer could've easily ran the score up by scoring another touchdown or even a field goal but he didn't. Instead he took a knee. Yeah that was unsportsmanlike. <_< But everyone is intitled to their opinion but as for this so-called unsportsmanlike and class, Sounds like Huntingdon needs a little of some of the both.

Edited by TheColReb

Going into this game I was a little uncertain about the outcome. Being an '09 alumni of McKenzie I knew how important this game was for the school as well as the town. Winning this game would be 5 straight wins for McKenzie over Huntingdon, 3 straight at Paul Ward Stadium. Coach Comer and crew were prepared for this match-up. For the past two weeks everyone has asked me, "What is do you think about this game?" and all I could say was, "Get your popcorn ready!!!" :popcorneater:

McKenzie needs class? :roflol: A couple of years ago I remember a certain Huntingdon individual at a Babe Ruth Huntingdon/McKenzie game,(sure it's baseball but it's Htown/Mactown), that told all the McKenzie fans in the stands that they were trash and needed to go home to their trailers. <_< And the Huntingdon coach was the one that said this. Now was there any class or sportsmanship in this? I didn't see any.

Now it's McKenzie and Huntingdon, the cross-the-creek rivalry, it's going to get intense and crazy, especailly when it comes to football but there's no sense in that what so ever. Swenson just didn't have a good enough game plan going into this shootout. Huntingdon didn't look too bad but still had many errors. #18 and #11 were two great players. They ran the ball hard and did a little damage. Max Arnold's air game just picked the Huntingdon defense one by one.

Now as for McKenzie people doing stuff over with yall's statue, I don't know. I didn't wait long enough to see any of that going on. There will always be people that are like that on both sides during this game. But overall McKenzie fan are loyal and not winers. Huntingdon fans are much the same too. But McKenzie did dominate this game. After two straight possessions with the outcome being fumbles, Huntingdon didn't have much of a chance.

For us being so-called unsportsmanlike, who even thought of that? Now I understand that in a rivalry game usually both teams want to run the score up because well it's your rival. Coach Comer could've easily ran the score up by scoring another touchdown or even a field goal but he didn't. Instead he took a knee. Yeah that was unsportsmanlike. <_< But everyone is intitled to their opinion but as for this so-called unsportsmanlike and class, Sounds like Huntingdon needs a little of some of the both.

well said reb

I know what is wrong with these Makenzy folks. They have the little brother syndrome. You know, where they can never live up to the accomplishments of the big brother and are always looking for ways to get the big brother's approval and draw attention to themselves. I believe if they could find something of their own they might stop all this foolishness. Why would people from Makenzy want to take their picture with Huntingdon's mascot? Why would they want to hang a banner on Huntingdon's field trying to claim it as Redbell field? Why would they want to try and ring Huntingdon's victory bell? Why would they want to waste time in Huntingdon, driving around town after a win, when they could go home and celebrate? I think I know the reason. First, Makenzy has no tradition of their own. Can anybody from Huntingdon name just one tradition at Makenzy ?? Why else would they want to embrace all of Huntingdon's traditions? Second, they don't even have their own field. They play at the Makenzy Primary School. Why don't some of you wealthy, Makenzy flea market folks build your own field out there by that new big school y'all got and give those little kiddies over there, their recess playground back? Third, let's talk about that mascot you use. On second thought, we better not. We all know the story behind that outdated, insensitive figure, don't we? Fourth, what in the world is that catchy little tune you use as a "fight" song. It sounds a little familiar. Is it....no, it can't be....is it Rocky Top?? How original!!!

So it seems to be pretty clear. Makenzy has nothing that they can call their own! No Tradition, No Field, No Mascot, No Song. No wonder they want to steal all of Huntingdon's !

Finally, And I really hope this is not true, but I hear a rumor that now Makenzy may even be trying to imitate a college out on the west coast. You know, the one with the initials USC. hmmmmm.....

And people are saying McKenzie needs to learn how to show sportmanship and class. Seriously, this shows a complete lack of class on Huntingdons part.

That fact that you older folks and some younger ones still remember the “face paint†game and all the other games played in the last century, should be (and is) a tribute to the rivalry between McKenzie and Huntington. These are called memories from high school, remember them? Being an 80’s MHS grad, I remember them fondly, good and bad. That is what high school is all about- making memories that will last a lifetime. Five or ten years from now these kids (from both sides) will remember these games and laugh. They will pass the stories down and the rivalry will continue… do we really want it any other way?

This year’s McKenzie seniors and last year’s graduates join the few that can say they NEVER lost against Huntingdon- what a memory for THEM! As far as the picture, I saw it and there is NOT anyone climbing on the sacred NEW statue. It was a couple kids standing BESIDE it flexing for a pose. It was kind of like the flexing that they had shown the past 2-3 hours beforehand. They were enjoying the moment and a Kodak moment it was. If this had been 25 years ago, you might have seen some riding the dang thing, me for one I’m sure.

This year’s Stang-Rebel game is over, another one for the books and memories to last until next year. No harm was committed to any one or thing. Maybe some pride was damaged a little but other than that, nothing. One day the tide will turn and we will face a defeat to the Stangs (hopefully not to soon) and it will be your turn to be slap happy and we can mend our wounds, but until then we will enjoy ourselves to the fullest, even if you call that classless or whatever. Remember the old saying : “He that lives in a glass house must not throw stonesâ€.

Until next year....................

I would have to say the "RESULTS" of a post like this are ignorant to say the least. Some lost sole in hopes of finding something that was lost along the way. What was lost, only he would know and maybe it will be found someday? Until then, I would suggest leaving these to yourself instead of showing what level of intelligence you have offered....and by the way, the results were 34-12 :thumb: