Henry County Patriots at Dickon County Cougars

QBClubPrez

I hope that most of DC thinks only the RB and QB have speed. Making an assumption like that is great for the Patriots!

I will both agree with you...and disagree with you. The "speed" that we have against DC is definitely comprised of more than a couple of guys. If we go play teams from Memphis (Melrose, Mitchell, Ridgeway) then we have but a single guy with "speed". I think many will be surprised at the ease with which we beat DC. I tried to tell many of you that the district is not even as tough as it was last year.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will both agree with you...and disagree with you. The "speed" that we have against DC is definitely comprised of more than a couple of guys. If we go play teams from Memphis (Melrose, Mitchell, Ridgeway) then we have but a single guy with "speed". I think many will be surprised at the ease with which we beat DC. I tried to tell many of you that the district is not even as tough as it was last year.

What would lead you to assume that this game will be easy for Henry County? Just wondering, cause I would be shocked if the game is won by more than 7 or 10 points (either way). DC will show up ready to play, dispite what some HC fans think. This will obviously be HC's toughest task (other than Liberty) and the same said for DC (other than Columbia).

Also, I will disagree with you on the fact that the district is down. That is not true at all. I'd say that two teams are worse than they were last year (Rossview and Northwest), but several teams are much better than they were last year (WC, Springfield, Kenwood). I think Clarksville and NE are about where they were last year and DC is definately improved. Now this district is not a very tough district, but there is no evidence that would prove that it is not as tough as last year (I'd say it is a bit tougher).

all right strong side,

common opponents lets get it out there in totallity

dickson beat Kenwood 31-0 Henry county beat them 41-0 margin difference 10 for hc

DC beat NW 48-7 HC 38-0 margin 3 for dickson

dc beat springfield 21-20 HC 27-20 margin 6 for henry county

dc beat west creek 34-21 HC 56-0 margin 43 for henry county

dc beat NE 19-0 HC 24-14 margin 9 for dickson

dc beat clarksville 10-7 HC 28-14 margin 11 for henry county

with all the figures right there

this is the tally against common opponents

DIckson scored 163 and gave up 55

Henry county scored 214 and gave up 48

life

with all the time it took me to type this, i just wasted 4 minutes of my life cause it is meaningless. Henry COunty offense has scored more against these opponents and have given up less to these opponents but the game thursday is at dickson and these previous games are meaningless. this one is for all the marbles.

FYI Henry county has more speed.

fyi last 3 meetings

07 hc beats dc 21-0

08 hc destroys dc 43-0

09 hc destroys dc 34-14

last three years hc has outscored dc 98-28,

again meaningless info however, i am not sure that dickson thinks they can beat hc after taking thumping after thumping, those players remember 08 and 09

by averages of the last 3 years, looks like hc wins this one 33-9

Edited by the prophet

fyi last 3 meetings

07 hc beats dc 21-0

08 hc destroys dc 43-0

09 hc destroys dc 34-14

last three years hc has outscored dc 98-28,

again meaningless info however, i am not sure that dickson thinks they can beat hc after taking thumping after thumping, those players remember 08 and 09

by averages of the last 3 years, looks like hc wins this one 33-9

From the way you sound there might as well not even be a game! HC fans sound so confident I don't see any reason for DC to play! I never knew that any team was that good to be able to look at scores of years past and predict wins. I'm sure that the DC kids are thinking about those beatings and thinking they have no chance, considering many of them didn't play in those games and the ones that did must be scared to play!

You sound like an ignorant fan. No offense, but comments like that just make you sound like you have no football knowledge at all. What you are trying to say is that because team A beat team B LAST YEAR (which bears no significance at all other than revenge), that must mean team A will beat team B again this year. Where is your logic?

Oh and FYI, comparing scores against common opponents makes a whole lot of sense in athletics too doesn't it. I mean look at college football, I'm going to assume that Kentucky could beat Alabama because Kentucky beat S. Carolina who beat Alabama! I mean come on, have a little sense when you post.

From the way you sound there might as well not even be a game! HC fans sound so confident I don't see any reason for DC to play! I never knew that any team was that good to be able to look at scores of years past and predict wins. I'm sure that the DC kids are thinking about those beatings and thinking they have no chance, considering many of them didn't play in those games and the ones that did must be scared to play!

You sound like an ignorant fan. No offense, but comments like that just make you sound like you have no football knowledge at all. What you are trying to say is that because team A beat team B LAST YEAR (which bears no significance at all other than revenge), that must mean team A will beat team B again this year. Where is your logic?

Oh and FYI, comparing scores against common opponents makes a whole lot of sense in athletics too doesn't it. I mean look at college football, I'm going to assume that Kentucky could beat Alabama because Kentucky beat S. Carolina who beat Alabama! I mean come on, have a little sense when you post.

It took a while but we now have an interesting HC thread to read!

SS, Don't you enjoy the Fun among Fans that this game brings out? I think that old Barrel just brings the best out in all of us.

GO PATS !!!!!!!!

HAUL THAT BARREL BACK WEST THURSDAY NIGHT !!

What would lead you to assume that this game will be easy for Henry County? Just wondering, cause I would be shocked if the game is won by more than 7 or 10 points (either way). DC will show up ready to play, dispite what some HC fans think. This will obviously be HC's toughest task (other than Liberty) and the same said for DC (other than Columbia).

Also, I will disagree with you on the fact that the district is down. That is not true at all. I'd say that two teams are worse than they were last year (Rossview and Northwest), but several teams are much better than they were last year (WC, Springfield, Kenwood). I think Clarksville and NE are about where they were last year and DC is definately improved. Now this district is not a very tough district, but there is no evidence that would prove that it is not as tough as last year (I'd say it is a bit tougher).

I think the game will be an easy win for HC because despite that DC will "ready" for the game, they don't have nearly the athletes that HC possesses. That will become all too clear Thursday night. DC has very few, if any, players who could start for HC. The beatings HC has put on DC in recent years will play upon the minds of the DC players. As far as the district goes, as I said a couple of days ago, it is likely the weakest in the state. From what I have seen, Rossview, NW, and Clarksville are worse than a year ago. NE is not quite as good as last year., but still pretty good. West Creek is a little better but AWFUL. Kenwood and Springfield are about the same (Springfield is decent),and DC is a little better. We are about the same (better in some ways and worse in some).

Edited by Red Warrior

C'mon strongside, hopefully you know that a few fans being cocky is not the same as HC fans in general. Of the 10-15 that actually post on CoachT, only 2-3 are as confident as you say. These numbers are minuscule compared to the thousand or so that will show up in Dickson on Thursday night to watch a great football game. Personally, I am excited to make the trip and see this one live under the lights!!!

Go Big RED!!!