Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

Guys, I'm okay with boasting about your team and talking of how great they are. And its all good, BUT I just don't believe it's cool to run another program down. I don't care if its D-B, Science Hill, Boone or whoever it is. We all know for the most part who rules the roost in the Big 8.

I suppose sometimes I let some of the talk on here get under my skin at times. I do wish the very best to our local teams in upper east Tennessee going into the play-offs. I know here at Science Hill we are moving in the right direction, we just need to be patient.

Hill didn't you mean to say "We all know for the most part who rules the roost in the Big 8 THIS YEAR"... because it was a different story last year, and it COULD be another story next year. This is only the second year for the Big 8 conference and I for one am not ready to bend over for DB just because they had a good season. DB is coming off a LOOSING season last year and you see how they have turned that 360* in only one season. I'm just sayin....

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hill didn't you mean to say "We all know for the most part who rules the roost in the Big 8 THIS YEAR"... because it was a different story last year, and it COULD be another story next year. This is only the second year for the Big 8 conference and I for one am not ready to bend over for DB just because they had a good season. DB is coming off a LOOSING season last year and you see how they have turned that 360* in only one season. I'm just sayin....

Wait....so they did a complete 360 and ended up back where they started? Wait....what? :thumb:

I don't think this conference will exist in 10 years but if it does we'll see what you think then. DB will be as good or better the next two years at least so getready for more of the same. I'm just sayin....

:mrgreen:

Wait....so they did a complete 360 and ended up back where they started? Wait....what? :thumb:

My momma taught me to always help the “special†people … so I don’t mind breakin it down for you Blazer. :thumb: 360*… meaning they turned their program around from a 5-6 LOOSING season last year to more than likely a 11-1 (Second Round Lose) for this year. :lol:

Edited by Cap1

I don't think this conference will exist in 10 years but if it does we'll see what you think then. DB will be as good or better the next two years at least so getready for more of the same. I'm just sayin....

For your sake I hope it’s the ladder… because I’d hate for DB to go through so many GREAT teams, and at the end of the day STILL come up with NOTHING to show for their efforts when it counts. ;) Talk about tradition. I'm just sayin...

:mrgreen:

My momma taught me to always help the “special†people … so I don’t mind breakin it down for you Blazer. :thumb: 360*… meaning they turned their program around from a 5-6 LOOSING season last year to more than likely a 11-1 (Second Round Lose) for this year. :lol:

Yeah but...wait that means you turned a complete circle to go back to where you started. If you wanted to turn around and go the other way, wouldn't it be a 180?

Forget the 180-360-540 stuff for the last two years.Last year was out of the norm.It only happens every 25 or thirty years for DB and we all seen a down year coming .The thing that has never happened was nearly everyone else having one of the best teams in their schools history { fact }.How many Boone,Clinton,Sevier co.,Tennessee High,South,Farragut and for goodness sakes David Crockett teams done better then last year, either during the season or in the playoffs for South and Boone.It was just a freak year all the way around and the world is correct now.The 180 from the last few years is this year.Dobyns-Bennett is about to change something that has been missing for the last five or six years.

Forget the 180-360-540 stuff for the last two years.Last year was out of the norm.It only happens every 25 or thirty years for DB and we all seen a down year coming .The thing that has never happened was nearly everyone else having one of the best teams in their schools history { fact }.How many Boone,Clinton,Sevier co.,Tennessee High,South,Farragut and for goodness sakes David Crockett teams done better then last year, either during the season or in the playoffs for South and Boone.It was just a freak year all the way around and the world is correct now.The 180 from the last few years is this year.Dobyns-Bennett is about to change something that has been missing for the last five or six years.

For your sake you better hope the boys on that football team can back up your talk. If you guys flame out early in the playoffs this year like years past it might get ugly for you. By the way, Boone went 8-2 last year and after our win Thursday will be 8-2 again this year. One year is a fluke two is a pattern, and from what I seen of the JV and Freshmen teams this year there is no shortage of talent coming up the pipeline. In fact I think our JV beat your JV this year. I don't know what that is worth but it is something. I would wish you guys luck, but since you think you are so good I'm sure you won't need it. :thumb:

Yeah but...wait that means you turned a complete circle to go back to where you started. If you wanted to turn around and go the other way, wouldn't it be a 180?

Ok… I’ll give this one more go. I don’t mean 360* literally… “360*†as a figure of speech. :blink: I bet your bet your wife has to cuts your food up into little bitty pieces before you can eat it.

For your sake you better hope the boys on that football team can back up your talk. If you guys flame out early in the playoffs this year like years past it might get ugly for you. By the way, Boone went 8-2 last year and after our win Thursday will be 8-2 again this year. One year is a fluke two is a pattern, and from what I seen of the JV and Freshmen teams this year there is no shortage of talent coming up the pipeline. In fact I think our JV beat your JV this year. I don't know what that is worth but it is something. I would wish you guys luck, but since you think you are so good I'm sure you won't need it. :thumb:

Yep,Boone has got something going and your right about JV games because you never know who teams will dress out for those games.I have to say that if we get beat like the 2008 first round{I will be shocked}The big difference is GC making the changes to give us more options this year but we were loaded in 2008 with weapons and as they say,it happens.A lot of factors including the yellow monster got us,but we pretty much beat our self.A trick play here and there along with a called back touchdown and the loss of your star player before the half will get anyone beat and it just happen to be in the playoffs.I hate it for the ones that work their butts off all year and hope this year that we{DON'T GET ANY LUCK}because the luck we have got for the last few years has sucked.

Ok… I’ll give this one more go. I don’t mean 360* literally… “360*†as a figure of speech. :blink: I bet your bet your wife has to cuts your food up into little bitty pieces before you can eat it.

Cap sometimes you need to say alright you got me. I know it would be difficult to say that to FB but he did get you, any way you slice it 360 is 360. You need to let this one go because all your doing is digging a deeper hole.

Cap sometimes you need to say alright you got me. I know it would be difficult to say that to FB but he did get you, any way you slice it 360 is 360. You need to let this one go because all your doing is digging a deeper hole.

Every thing Carp says is a "figure of speech". And he has dug enough holes here on coacht that he should be all the way to China by now.