Smith County vs. York

scfan99

Why do you say that? I could understand if there was a chance we may be re-classed together, but that will never happen.

The reason I want a four year contract is simple...our 8th grade class. There's a lot of buzz going around about this class. They have the "potential" to be up there with some of the best teams we've put on the field. Now I know what you are thinking. I agree, and I usually don't go there with Jr. High teams or players, but I have a hunch about this group. The "big dog" of the class has the potential one of the best ever to put on a gold hat, and he's in the beta club to boot. Something we aren't used to from that type of player (if you get my drift). I think he's the glue that holds them all together. People are starting to compare them to us ('97), and I would have given anything to see how we would have stacked up against that type of comp. Again, this all may be a little premature, but that's the skinny on why I would want a four year contract.

Reclassification is every 4 years...schedules are done every 2 years. I would think most contracted games are for 2 years. I guess you could have a verbal agreement to play for 4 years. Most teams would not agree to a 4 year contract. Too much can change.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(first...yall leave the rookie alone. You're better than that and its not worth your time! :lol:)

Antwan...

If the playoffs criteria stays in its current format, do you expect to see a lot of bigger school come calling? Not to say they are looking for an easy win, but that's basically what they are doing. I know for a fact that Gallatin has called us recently about playing. I told Creasy if they would sign a four year contract, then do it. (I actually think we may have something for them in a few years) Just wondering if you think this may become the norm. We are also going to have to replace the KY game and the Pickett game. I respect your opinion on matters outside of the SC/TC feud. ;)

Whoa...now wait a minute SEV...are you saying TC has refused to play Gallatin? I thought you guys had to go out of state just to get games. Why would you refuse to play a large school right down the street? :o This just can't be... :D

Edited by Antwan

I would like to see the Owls play a home and home with Cookeville or Gallatin for sure instead of Westmoreland, keep Gordonsville, Macon County and White House, while replacing the opener against Cheatham County with Alcoa to be played at Tucker Stadium. Is this possible Twan? Talk about a fun season!!!

As for the private/public debate, let me save both of you the time. Neither of you are gonna win the argument, so don't even continue, and I would recommend that if you do want to cyber-slug-it-out to take it to the other board. If I am not mistaken, that topic has it's own forum, atleast it used to. And I don't want to get started on it myself because I don't want to labeled with the bigotry label.

As for the game this week, where is the York faithful. Smith County may not win again this year, although I fully expect the little streak to come to an end. Having said that, please tell me that all the York fans are front-runners! That's fine, but don't rear your head on here if York pulls out a win.

Reclassification is every 4 years...schedules are done every 2 years. I would think most contracted games are for 2 years. I guess you could have a verbal agreement to play for 4 years. Most teams would not agree to a 4 year contract. Too much can change.

Where the game is to be played, home or away, can be a problem in scheduling. The Owls only had 4 home games this year, 6 last year. We can be flexable as to get back to the favored 5-5 schedule or remain on a 6-4 schedule. I know Coach Maynord wants to get back to 5-5 though. If it comes down to playing a game we really want to play, I see no problem with going 6-4 again.

I would like to see the Owls play a home and home with Cookeville or Gallatin for sure instead of Westmoreland, keep Gordonsville, Macon County and White House, while replacing the opener against Cheatham County with Alcoa to be played at Tucker Stadium. Is this possible Twan? Talk about a fun season!!!

As for the private/public debate, let me save both of you the time. Neither of you are gonna win the argument, so don't even continue, and I would recommend that if you do want to cyber-slug-it-out to take it to the other board. If I am not mistaken, that topic has it's own forum, atleast it used to. And I don't want to get started on it myself because I don't want to labeled with the bigotry label.

As for the game this week, where is the York faithful. Smith County may not win again this year, although I fully expect the little streak to come to an end. Having said that, please tell me that all the York fans are front-runners! That's fine, but don't rear your head on here if York pulls out a win.

I don't think Westy is on the schedule. I think White House...Macon & of course G'ville are. I heard there is only 1 game left to fill. I don't think it has been decided for sure. I agree...Alcoa...Cookeville...or Gallatin would be great.

I don't think Westy is on the schedule. I think White House...Macon & of course G'ville are. I heard there is only 1 game left to fill. I don't think it has been decided for sure. I agree...Alcoa...Cookeville...or Gallatin would be great.

How about Cheatham County? If Westy is not on the schedule, that leaves 2, or are you saying we will play CC again?

Lesson learned Loves HSFB, didn't realize the bigot label got passed out that quick. Thought this was a free opinion board and all in fun. For future reference, Crewcut90's posts are not meant to offend, just my humble opinion. If you disagree, that's cool. Say so, give your enlightened opinion, and move on.

Lesson learned Loves HSFB, didn't realize the bigot label got passed out that quick. Thought this was a free opinion board and all in fun. For future reference, Crewcut90's posts are not meant to offend, just my humble opinion. If you disagree, that's cool. Say so, give your enlightened opinion, and move on.

Oh yeah, on that subject everything comes out...I have experience on that. :D Just thought I would save you some time so you didn't have to learn the other way like I have. It's worse than the democrat/republican fight sometimes. :D

Learned a lot about grammer in your private school experience, huh? Definition of Bigot: "one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance." Painting ALL privates as elitist and recruitors fits that definition. If you have a problem with Ensworth, fine, but call them out - not every school. Calling me an idiot does not fit the definition, nor does me criticizing you for making a bigoted statement in your first 10 posts. I do agree with one thing - your deficiencies, but that doesn't make me a bigot.

Grammar (correction by public school spelling bee champion)