Smith County vs. York

scfan99

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

With posts like that you are an embarassment to the intelligent people in your community and family. Any faults you perceive the privates have, or any that they do have, is nothing compared to your bigotry and ignorance. You're off to a good start on Coacht with your less than 10 posts.<_<

Easy CPA......I don't think he intended to group all privates together. Some are...well....let's just say "different" than small town football. You've seen it at some places as well. Some just have a different atmosphere, crowd, and feeling about the games.........especially if you are used to a place like SC-G-ville-TC and the likes.

Easy CPA......I don't think he intended to group all privates together. Some are...well....let's just say "different" than small town football. You've seen it at some places as well. Some just have a different atmosphere, crowd, and feeling about the games.........especially if you are used to a place like SC-G-ville-TC and the likes.

I can read and so can you. His post implicated "privates", not "some privates". I'm sure he would like for a fan of the private schools to make negative generalizations about small town public schools. Yes,all privates are not the same, but neither are all public schools. I have been to CPA road games at public schools where they barely have the players parents in the stands. His statement is the definition of bigotry.

The world is full of different people and environments. It is educational for kids on both sides to see the other side. That is why I oppose the public/private split.

No, CPA, that wasn't a bigoted statement, but this is...You're an idiot! I went to private school, I see the hallowed halls of the Ensworth Academies, I see the poor attitude kids on the sidelines whose coach is tryin to explain why he just fumbled and how he may prevent it from happening again but kid ain't listenin. I am not opposed to the public/private split, if the school in your district sucks you should have recourse to send your child elsewhere. I'm not a fan of the big private schools snatchin up kids from wherever and givin em scholarships like some kind of college program and that's the only point I was tryin to make. Where you come up with this alledged bigotry I don't know. Bigotry is when you judge someone for their deficiencies like, mmm, only having been around long enough to post 10 times or less.

No, CPA, that wasn't a bigoted statement, but this is...You're an idiot! I went to private school, I see the hallowed halls of the Ensworth Academies, I see the poor attitude kids on the sidelines whose coach is tryin to explain why he just fumbled and how he may prevent it from happening again but kid ain't listenin. I am not opposed to the public/private split, if the school in your district sucks you should have recourse to send your child elsewhere. I'm not a fan of the big private schools snatchin up kids from wherever and givin em scholarships like some kind of college program and that's the only point I was tryin to make. Where you come up with this alledged bigotry I don't know. Bigotry is when you judge someone for their deficiencies like, mmm, only having been around long enough to post 10 times or less.

Learned a lot about grammer in your private school experience, huh? Definition of Bigot: "one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance." Painting ALL privates as elitist and recruitors fits that definition. If you have a problem with Ensworth, fine, but call them out - not every school. Calling me an idiot does not fit the definition, nor does me criticizing you for making a bigoted statement in your first 10 posts. I do agree with one thing - your deficiencies, but that doesn't make me a bigot.

As a matter of fact I did. Enough to know that grammer is using the kings English properly. Vocabulary is defining words in a sentence. If you feel I painted all privates that way, I will conceed that that was not my intent. You know, as well asI, that the schools we are talking about mostly fit in that category. To further clarify my point, and I think Termite caught it so I don't understand how you don't, Theres nothing like 11 boys growin up together, playin ball from pee wee to jr high, comin together as adolescent young men and kickin the snot outta anyone they play. That's HS football! And I make no apologies for believing that way. Now your "hatred and intolerance" of me for belonging to the "less than 10 post" group is evident and I believe you're in denial!

As a matter of fact I did. Enough to know that grammer is using the kings English properly. Vocabulary is defining words in a sentence. If you feel I painted all privates that way, I will conceed that that was not my intent. You know, as well asI, that the schools we are talking about mostly fit in that category. To further clarify my point, and I think Termite caught it so I don't understand how you don't, Theres nothing like 11 boys growin up together, playin ball from pee wee to jr high, comin together as adolescent young men and kickin the snot outta anyone they play. That's HS football! And I make no apologies for believing that way. Now your "hatred and intolerance" of me for belonging to the "less than 10 post" group is evident and I believe you're in denial!

Now Termie is like me, he don't have enough sense to catch a cold. :roflol:

(first...yall leave the rookie alone. You're better than that and its not worth your time! :lol:)

Antwan...

If the playoffs criteria stays in its current format, do you expect to see a lot of bigger school come calling? Not to say they are looking for an easy win, but that's basically what they are doing. I know for a fact that Gallatin has called us recently about playing. I told Creasy if they would sign a four year contract, then do it. (I actually think we may have something for them in a few years) Just wondering if you think this may become the norm. We are also going to have to replace the KY game and the Pickett game. I respect your opinion on matters outside of the SC/TC feud. ;)

Edited by SEVEN

(first...yall leave the rookie alone. You're better than that and its not worth your time! :lol:)

Antwan...

If the playoffs criteria stays in its current format, do you expect to see a lot of bigger school come calling? Not to say they are looking for an easy win, but that's basically what they are doing. I know for a fact that Gallatin has called us recently about playing. I told Creasy if they would sign a four year contract, then do it. (I actually think we may have something for them in a few years) Just wondering if you think this may become the norm. We are also going to have to replace the KY game and the Pickett game. I respect your opinion on matters outside of the SC/TC feud. ;)

I think that's very possible. I can see both sides of the argument. Gallatin wanted to play us before this format came about...but some will play down to win. Some will play up for the gate. That's always been the case.

Why would you want a 4 year contract? It would be difficult to commit to that in the middle of a 4 year classification period.

I think that's very possible. I can see both sides of the argument. Gallatin wanted to play us before this format came about...but some will play down to win. Some will play up for the gate. That's always been the case.

Why would you want a 4 year contract? It would be difficult to commit to that in the middle of a 4 year classification period.

Why do you say that? I could understand if there was a chance we may be re-classed together, but that will never happen.

The reason I want a four year contract is simple...our 8th grade class. There's a lot of buzz going around about this class. They have the "potential" to be up there with some of the best teams we've put on the field. Now I know what you are thinking. I agree, and I usually don't go there with Jr. High teams or players, but I have a hunch about this group. The "big dog" of the class has the potential one of the best ever to put on a gold hat, and he's in the beta club to boot. Something we aren't used to from that type of player (if you get my drift). I think he's the glue that holds them all together. People are starting to compare them to us ('97), and I would have given anything to see how we would have stacked up against that type of comp. Again, this all may be a little premature, but that's the skinny on why I would want a four year contract.