Alcoa to play in herbstreet classic

Vandy15

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this Blount County Kickoff Bowl that we speak off? Hopefully Im not going to have Alcoa and Maryville in the same stadium 2 weeks in a row cause I hate getting to games before school lets out. However if Neyland wants to open their gates we can have William Blount vs Heritage at 6pm and Alcoa vs Maryville at 9 in back to back games :)

Not true.

Elder vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)

Middleton vs. Warren Central (IN)

Colerain vs. McKeesport (PA)

St. Xavier vs Prattville (AL)

From BuckeyeGrove.com

Seriously, James? I bet you I can predict the scores of each game. Here goes:

STA 35 Elder 24

Warren Central 39 Middletown 35

Colerain 14 McKeesport 7

St.X 15 Prattville 10

I hope it is true about Alcoa playing at the Herbsreit. I have been preaching for this for years now. A good small school match-up would be with Mooney,Ursuline,Coldwater, or St.Johns. Or, if Alcoa really wants to step up and play with a big boy, then any one of the GCL teams would be a great match-up.

STA 35 Elder 24

Colerain 14 McKeesport 7

St.X 15 Prattville 10

I hope it is true about Alcoa playing at the Herbsreit. I have been preaching for this for years now. A good small school match-up would be with Mooney,Ursuline,Coldwater, or St.Johns. Or, if Alcoa really wants to step up and play with a big boy, then any one of the GCL teams would be a great match-up.

Some more predictions from cal preps: :)

Alcoa 31 Ursuline, OH 24

Alcoa 31 Coldwater, OH 17

Alcoa 24 St JOhn's OH 17

Alcoa 27 Elder OH 17

Alcoa 22 St Xavier OH 21

Alcoa 41 Prattville AL 21

STA 35 Elder 24

Colerain 14 McKeesport 7

St.X 15 Prattville 10

39-35? 15-10? Those aren't exactly traditional game scores. Gosh, it almost seems as if you would have to have a crystal ball to predict those scores.

Or, at least a newspaper from 2008.

Well done. I knew someone would catch on.

Any TN representation in the Herbstreit games, count me in as a fan. With that said, some message board banter in other states questions whether these games will even continue next year. I'm sure the Dwyer game this year didn't help matters as far as out-of-state interest is concerned.

39-35? 15-10? Those aren't exactly traditional game scores. Gosh, it almost seems as if you would have to have a crystal ball to predict those scores.

Or, at least a newspaper from 2008.

Well done. I knew someone would catch on.

Any TN representation in the Herbstreit games, count me in as a fan. With that said, some message board banter in other states questions whether these games will even continue next year. I'm sure the Dwyer game this year didn't help matters as far as out-of-state interest is concerned.

I had to put it out there...

The Herbstreit has been dying out in OH. It appears it is picking up in TX, though. I hope it goes well for both states. That's more games to watch.

I had to put it out there...

The Herbstreit has been dying out in OH. It appears it is picking up in TX, though. I hope it goes well for both states. That's more games to watch.

Oh no ... now unless Alcoa or Maryville heads to TX they'll be put down for being the little scaredy kats they are ! On a side note , I guess teams like Oak Ridge are excused from going out of State since they have tough District games like Halls , Campbell County , and Karns .... why travel 500 miles when you go through that Gauntlet .

Oh no ... now unless Alcoa or Maryville heads to TX they'll be put down for being the little scaredy kats they are ! On a side note , I guess teams like Oak Ridge are excused from going out of State since they have tough District games like Halls , Campbell County , and Karns .... why travel 500 miles when you go through that Gauntlet .

Now that's to funny.... :roflol:

Seriously, Pep? As a TN fan of high school football, you would want a subpar OR team to represent TN? Sure, ten years ago OR would've been a good representative, but nowadays it's all Alcoa and Maryville from E. Tennessee. Why would you not want this? Oh, I forgot, you are happy and content with just winning the Blount Co championship every year. Heaven forbid that one of your teams steps it up a notch.