Alcoa to play in herbstreet classic

Vandy15

You used "disrespect" and "bash" 3 times each in your post, so I will validate this with my usual "disrespect" for the 'Naders by repeating for the umpteenth time that they are arguably "the best team in TN in any classification" this year and the closest thing presently to a perennial power. You find it "funny" that TN HS football fans might be attracted to a thread that mentions "Alcoa" and "Herbstreit" in the same sentence??? With all due respect to the "Buffalo Springfield" - "Paranoia strikes deep. Into your heart it will creep..."

I already apologized for my gratuitous "hypocrisy and narcissism" comment which I tried unsuccessfully to remove from "Grins and Chuckles.". Without it, the topic would read "Anybody who has an hour to burn and is interested in the public/private controversy, check out the 3A/4A thread "Alcoa Zoning Restrictions" then post a comment." Of course, you brilliantly intuited my real intent was to "get people to take shots" at Alcoa. We are preparing to mass our sharpshooters at the Blount County line....

It's not always just about you .... believe it or not .

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the Twin City Classc (I think it's going to be called) will be Alcoa and Maryville playing two teams that are invited in.

Man this sounds good....Eye'm allmost certain wif that naim fer tha Classick that all tha teems, thair families, and othurs will bee drivin knew Buicks, GMCee truks etc durin' tha Classick Weakend..... :thumb:

It's not always just about you .... believe it or not .

OK. Now you stand in front of a mirror and repeat that 3 times. :shock:

Sorry, but I still don't see all the "hate" and "disrespect" that you perceive all around. I see true TN HS FB fans suggesting that you do both your team and your fans a favor by upgrading your schedule to match your teams. Really, how gratifying can it be for Alcoa to keep "smacking down" all those 3A teams?

Don't care if it's 6A, DII or the Steelers, just "git er dun." It would be good for you and for TN football.

Sincerely, good luck with your current efforts, Herbstreit or whatever. I know it's not easy, especially with expense of travel and the new playoff system that discourages teams from risking a loss.

Edited by owlbooster

OK. Now you stand in front of a mirror and repeat that 3 times. :shock:

Sorry, but I still don't see all the "hate" and "disrespect" that you perceive. I see true TN HS FB fans suggesting that you do both your team and your fans a favor by upgrading your schedule to match your teams. Really, how gratifying can it be for you to keep on "smacking down" all those 3A teams?

We don't care if it's DII or the Steelers, just "git er dun."

It would be good for you and for TN football.

Geez , you must be senile , how many times do I have to tell you , I'm a Maryville fan . You'd argue with a wall . Ya , you're so Innocent , you'd never be disrespectful to another team , would you .

Some more predictions from cal preps: :)

Alcoa 31 Ursuline, OH 24

Alcoa 31 Coldwater, OH 17

Alcoa 24 St JOhn's OH 17

Alcoa 27 Elder OH 17

Alcoa 22 St Xavier OH 21

Alcoa 41 Prattville AL 21

..and here's a few more:

Colerain 35 Alcoa 24

St. Edward 35 Alcoa 21

Pickerington Central 28 Alcoa 21

LaSalle 31 Alcoa 27

Hoover 31 Alcoa 21

It seems to me Alcoa would be competitive at the Herbstreit. Go for it, Tornadoes!

Quit buying tats and put the $$$$$ up and we travel!

Mr. Omahavol! :roflolk:

[/quote

Come on, BC, you guys got money. Go for it!! I am rooting for you! I want Alcoa to go up there and win. You still haven't figured it out have you? I REALLY am a TN fan. I want the best to represent, and you guys are the best right now. Instead, it looks like you guys are going to setle for Div II Webb. Webb's good, but they are not national calibur. You did say you have 4 out-of-district games. The Webb game is a freebee, so go for it. REPRESENT!!!!

How do you and "the others" know all this inside info about whom has been "contacted"

or "called" by the TCC promoters? Do you all work in the athletic departments of these schools? The list of schools that have "turned down" invites now includes BA, MUS, CBHS, MBA and Ensworth. How do you "know" this? I have spoken with a few football staff at both MUS and CBHS this week, and NONE of them knew anything about this. Of course, I mave have not spoken to the right person, but nobody outside of BC seems to know anything about this "Secret Bowl." I was told by a CBHS coach that MUS and CBHS are working on their own similar week zero "Bowl" against 2 Ohio teams, so maybe they really aren't available right now, but might be later if their own efforts fail. He also said it would be great if these 4 teams could find a way to play.

Yes, I am close to the program to know that there has been preliminary contacts with MUS and Ensworth. I do not know the "whys" to the reasons given to them not coming and playing. Maybe what you said about their own zero week plans is the reason, that I do not know. What I do know is that all these people asking for Alcoa to go OOS isn't real feasible. Just like most small schools $$$$ is always an issue and Alcoa is no exception. The reason for the interest in the Twin City Classic is for making some money, along with the obvious bonus of getting some teams Alcoa wouldn't normally play. The problem again is with all this speculation on who Alcoa should play is that with the tiebreaker system many teams aren't real fired up about scheduling with Alcoa. That includes Webb. People need to realize how expensive it is to buy 80+ kids a state championship ring...6 years in a row.

Yes, I am close to the program to know that there has been preliminary contacts with MUS and Ensworth. I do not know the "whys" to the reasons given to them not coming and playing. Maybe what you said about their own zero week plans is the reason, that I do not know. What I do know is that all these people asking for Alcoa to go OOS isn't real feasible. Just like most small schools $$$$ is always an issue and Alcoa is no exception. The reason for the interest in the Twin City Classic is for making some money, along with the obvious bonus of getting some teams Alcoa wouldn't normally play. The problem again is with all this speculation on who Alcoa should play is that with the tiebreaker system many teams aren't real fired up about scheduling with Alcoa. That includes Webb. People need to realize how expensive it is to buy 80+ kids a state championship ring...6 years in a row.

th_EmoticonWhineViolin.gif