AC vs. Hardin Valley

Space3

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My feeling is that OR did not take HV serious and played less emotional ball than it did against Maryville, AC, etc (let down, I guess). However, I will not take anything away from HV. I know they have talent and have gelled quickly as a upstart program. I think OR's misfortune will be AC's blessing in that they now see HV in the same light as Powell. This game will also be good for AC in the same sence that they play better and focused with their backs against the wall. The remaining games from here out will be gut testers. Williams needs to have a great game when the pressure is on and I think this will be it. AC by 9.

My feeling is that OR did not take HV serious and played less emotional ball than it did against Maryville, AC, etc (let down, I guess). However, I will not take anything away from HV. I know they have talent and have gelled quickly as a upstart program. I think OR's misfortune will be AC's blessing in that they now see HV in the same light as Powell. This game will also be good for AC in the same sence that they play better and focused with their backs against the wall. The remaining games from here out will be gut testers. Williams needs to have a great game when the pressure is on and I think this will be it. AC by 9.

.....when the pressure is on.

Colonel, I love this Williams kid. He's a fine young man. Very humble. Very quickly and unselfishly gives credit where credit is due. That would, of course, be to his linemen and receivers/backs. HIS NUMBERS DON'T LIE!!! (And he throws a pretty mean spiral!) That being said, I am and have always been VERY concerned about his ability to handle PRESSURE. Gillum's system has been in place a couple of years now and the "Powells" and "Oak Ridges" have done their homework on this system. They know. Williams, even with all his numbers, is NOT a Justin Price or a Paul Longmire. He IS NOT very mobile. PRESSURE does not make him dangerous. I would love to see him not only improve in these two areas, but master them as well. The sky would be the limit for this fine young man if that happened. Anyways, Good Luck Mavs.

Hardin Valley just might beat AC. Their running back is tough. Their qb is for real, too. When a passing team passes all the time and does not have any significant running game to speak of, how does their defense practice/prepare to beat running teams efficiently? (No offense meant to you Mr. Hutson. I think you do a great job when you do get the ball. I would like to see a little bit more of it along with a lot more of Mr. Mabe running the ball, also. Mabe's had some great catches this year. The kid has so much more to contribute to his team. Does the word FULLBACK mean anything to anybody any more? I know. I know. I'm OLD school. Do the words BALANCED OFFENSE mean anything to anybody anymore? I know. I know. Just my 2 cents worth.....