Oakland v. Christian Co.

MidTennFootball

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of interesting things I have noted:

1. Christian County bases out of the 3-5-3. Not a very popular scheme, but is good for getting your athletes out there flying to the football. If there ever was a game for Oakland to revert back to pounding the football, this game would be it.

2. Christian County is 8-0 and ranked top 5 in their perspective class. could be considered one of the better games in either state. Maybe this is a game that sticks on Oakland's schedule for years to come.......

3. From what I gathered, Christian County doesnt draw near as much as what were used to in RuthCo. If Oakland brings a good crowd, they may have as many fans as Christian Co. does

I will be there early for the tailgate and I hope some Oakland Dogs make the trip also!! I have heard they have a record setting return guy that I hope we avoid at all cost! I think the boys will bounce back from the lose and be focused as ever. I was reminded yesterday that the 08 team lost in week 8 to a then district team and by the score of 17-14. Things that make you go..HMMMM!!! Go Pats

I will be there early for the tailgate and I hope some Oakland Dogs make the trip also!! I have heard they have a record setting return guy that I hope we avoid at all cost! I think the boys will bounce back from the lose and be focused as ever. I was reminded yesterday that the 08 team lost in week 8 to a then district team and by the score of 17-14. Things that make you go..HMMMM!!! Go Pats

I think after kicking to Mathers last week, we have probably learned out lesson in that regard. I heard the same thing and you wonder what the heck the other team was thinking by continually kicking to him..........

Im curious to to actually hear a explanation as to why you think they will lose. I am not disagreeing with you, just merely want to hear some rationale along with the prediction..........

from what i was told by a KY guy tonight...christian county will not know what hit them when oakland arrives...the guys said even though christian county is good for KY...the football there is NOTHING like the football here and oakland will win by 28 points...seriously, this is what he said...don't shoot me..i'm just the messenger! :flower:

from what i was told by a KY guy tonight...christian county will not know what hit them when oakland arrives...the guys said even though christian county is good for KY...the football there is NOTHING like the football here and oakland will win by 28 points...seriously, this is what he said...don't shoot me..i'm just the messenger! :flower:

Too kind as always. Although I hear they have a I-Train in waiting field punts and kickoffs......

Kentucky high school football is suffering more than usual this year in head-to-head matchups with Tennessee. 18 wins for Tennessee, 5 for Kentucky.

CCHS was 6-2 going into this matchup last year. Their two losses were to Bowling Green and Franklin. Those two schools were replaced with Warren Central and Clarksville this year, thereby making the schedule a bit easier and setting up the undefeated record to date.

This is a sandwich game for Oakland, but given OHS is coming off of a loss, that doesn't bode well for CCHS.

I'll take the good guys by 14 again.