Oakland v. Christian Co.

MidTennFootball

I recon Oakland is going to come out with some anger. Two losses in a row. I think not. When is the last time that happened? Oakland will win this one. Christian County is undefeated in Kentucky. I think they are ranked tenth in the state. So no cakewalk for sure. Going to be a game. Oakland pulls it out by a touchdown. 21-14. Go pattriots!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im curious to to actually hear a explanation as to why you think they will lose. I am not disagreeing with you, just merely want to hear some rationale along with the prediction..........

Oakland is coming off a big loss...Adams is a great qb but Anthony Hickey is way better he had a big game against Ohio Co. Oakland defense will not be disciplined enough to stop there rushing attack...The only way I could see Oakland winning is by Mitchell having a big game.

Good luck both teams!!!!

Oakland is coming off a big loss...Adams is a great qb but Anthony Hickey is way better he had a big game against Ohio Co. Oakland defense will not be disciplined enough to stop there rushing attack...The only way I could see Oakland winning is by Mitchell having a big game.

Good luck both teams!!!!

Thank you for giving some points, I dont neccesarily agree with those points, but I respect the, here is why I think Oakland will win:

1.) Their speed on defense will count next to nothing when Oakland lines up in the Jumbo set and rams the ball down their throat.

2.) Oakland is exceptionally good in the first half; Christian Co. seems to struggle in the first half, at times.

3.) Oakland is coming off a loss, and has never lost 2 in a row in the MAC era.

4. Christian Co. seems to rely alot on Hickey, and Oakland fares pretty well against teams that put so much onto one guys shoulders. Like last week, his supporting cast will need to step up.

5.) Everybody likes to mention the Ohio Co. game, but they had half of their points on special teams, Oakland wont let that happen.

Oakland, 20-10

Good luck both teams!!!!

Looks like every teams offense that plays Ohio Co has a big game. They aren't very good. Here is their shedule. Oakland will be the best team Christian County plays all year.

8/27/ @ Hancock County (Lewisport, KY) 22-58 (L)

9/03/ @ Daviess County (Owensboro, KY) 13-29 (L)

9/10/ Central Hardin (Cecilia, KY) 21-37 (L)

9/17/ Union County (Morganfield, KY) 27-47 (L)

9/24/ Owensboro (Owensboro, KY) * 0-27 (L)

10/01/ Hopkinsville (Hopkinsville, KY) * 39-36 (W)

10/08 @ Christian County (Hopkinsville, KY) * 7-71 (L)

10/15/ @ North Hopkins (Madisonville, KY) * 9-49 (L)

Thank you for giving some points, I dont neccesarily agree with those points, but I respect the, here is why I think Oakland will win:

1.) Their speed on defense will count next to nothing when Oakland lines up in the Jumbo set and rams the ball down their throat.

2.) Oakland is exceptionally good in the first half; Christian Co. seems to struggle in the first half, at times.

3.) Oakland is coming off a loss, and has never lost 2 in a row in the MAC era.

4. Christian Co. seems to rely alot on Hickey, and Oakland fares pretty well against teams that put so much onto one guys shoulders. Like last week, his supporting cast will need to step up.

5.) Everybody likes to mention the Ohio Co. game, but they had half of their points on special teams, Oakland wont let that happen.

Oakland, 20-10

if i may...let me give a less bias view

1. oakland's ability to line up and jam it down someone's throat this year is good but not great as it has been the last two years...i WISH they had tried that against us the whole game...it would not have been pretty! they MAY do it...but it is not a for sure thing !

2. i agree...oakland starts out like mike tyson...but if you can weather the first two rounds you got a chance to win...i.e. riverdale, brentwood and blackman!

3. there is a first time for everything! Mac is as frustrated as i have ever heard him on the radio show and confused as to how to correct things!

4. don't know anything about hickey...no comment

i think oakland will win because i heard the level of ball is not that good! good luck and represent 7AAA well!

if i may...let me give a less bias view

1. oakland's ability to line up and jam it down someone's throat this year is good but not great as it has been the last two years...i WISH they had tried that against us the whole game...it would not have been pretty! they MAY do it...but it is not a for sure thing !

2. i agree...oakland starts out like mike tyson...but if you can weather the first two rounds you got a chance to win...i.e. riverdale, brentwood and blackman!

3. there is a first time for everything! Mac is as frustrated as i have ever heard him on the radio show and confused as to how to correct things!

4. don't know anything about hickey...no comment

i think oakland will win because i heard the level of ball is not that good! good luck and represent 7AAA well!

A counter point if you will:

1. Nobody really knows how well Oakland can direct the power running game because Christian Adams has been so effective this year. Oakland had some success in the 4th quarter against Blackman, but didnt stick to it, and I think MAC realizes we have to get back to putting teams away with the power running game

3. See point #1. I think while frustrated, Thomas knows that we have gotten away from our roots a little bit. Oakland as a team is fine, we just have to fine tune some things to get ready for the stretch run.

I think CCHS is gonna be a little suprised when Oakland brings almost as many as they have in the stands lol

A counter point if you will:

1. Nobody really knows how well Oakland can direct the power running game because Christian Adams has been so effective this year. Oakland had some success in the 4th quarter against Blackman, but didnt stick to it, and I think MAC realizes we have to get back to putting teams away with the power running game

3. See point #1. I think while frustrated, Thomas knows that we have gotten away from our roots a little bit. Oakland as a team is fine, we just have to fine tune some things to get ready for the stretch run.

I think CCHS is gonna be a little suprised when Oakland brings almost as many as they have in the stands lol

your love for OHS and mac are real...BUT BLIND!

some success in 4th is the key term...some!

if you had run it the whole game and given our defense a few series to get it down...it would have been shutdown! if mac goes back to "your roots" and takes mr. magic christian adams out of the offense in any way...there will be no stretch run for yall! a team that lines up and just runs the I or power I right at us...will be punished for it! and mac knew that and that is why he spread it out like he did...a good smart coaching move on his part and it almost worked!

your love for OHS and mac are real...BUT BLIND!

some success in 4th is the key term...some!

if you had run it the whole game and given our defense a few series to get it down...it would have been shutdown! if mac goes back to "your roots" and takes mr. magic christian adams out of the offense in any way...there will be no stretch run for yall! a team that lines up and just runs the I or power I right at us...will be punished for it! and mac knew that and that is why he spread it out like he did...a good smart coaching move on his part and it almost worked!

Im not proposing that we completely scrap balance, but we've seemed to have lost that edge, and I think we got to get back to what made us a program back from the brink, and thats in the power running game. Its something that were going to disagree on and thats fine. With that said, I commend Tee for playing with the confines of the team, not alot of backs would have accepted a reduced role in the offense for most of the season.

As for blindly following MAC, I like Thomas, he's a man's coach, but I've been far from a blind follower, Ive shared my criticisms over the last 3 seasons, but I see the evolution of a pretty good coach who is learning to become a great coach, it's a process and its fun to watch it unfold, sometimes I get caught up with it. Under his watch, Oakland is going to be in the hunt for a gold ball more years than not, and if that's blind allegiance for believing that, so be it.

Wow how the tide has turned. Not to long ago the talk was how Oakland was going to roll against anyone and everyone. Now some of the talk is about how they will struggle against certain teams. Well not against this one. I am here to revise my previous statement. Oakland wins but not with big numbers. Lets say 28-10. Blackman played well enough to beat Oakland. The team that was dominating early in the year is just not there. Oakland has played well enough to just beat some real good football teams. However that has caught up to them. So have other teams. Oakland has hit a plataeu while other area teams have gotten better. Now they find themselves in unfamiliar territory of having to figure out what to do. They have been the most dominant team the past three years. But i have to agree they are not the same team they were last year. But they are still dang good. But beatable. Just not this Friday night. Go Patriots!!! Stay healthy.

Edited by milo118