Oakland v. Christian Co.

MidTennFootball

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A counter point if you will:

1. Nobody really knows how well Oakland can direct the power running game because Christian Adams has been so effective this year. Oakland had some success in the 4th quarter against Blackman, but didnt stick to it, and I think MAC realizes we have to get back to putting teams away with the power running game

3. See point #1. I think while frustrated, Thomas knows that we have gotten away from our roots a little bit. Oakland as a team is fine, we just have to fine tune some things to get ready for the stretch run.

I think CCHS is gonna be a little suprised when Oakland brings almost as many as they have in the stands lol

This article is what I am basically getting at : Oakland looks to get more offensive

If anyone thought Oakland had a tough schedule so far, you ain’t seen nothing yet (I know it is not proper English, but I grew up on Bachman Turner Overdrive). Christian County could be the best team Oakland plays all year (and before anyone gets mad, this is not to be negative against any of their opponents). They are probably the most athletic. Here is my unofficial scouting report again gleamed from numerous spies I have placed throughout the Southeast area. Christian County Kentucky is ranked in the state of Kentucky (unapproved website has them #9, Louisville Courier-Journal places them #4 in 5A, Bluegrass Preps has them also #4 in 5A). They are undefeated and 8-0. They had a tune up game against the Ohio County Eagles last Friday and won by a close score of 71-7 (yep, right at 1.5 points per minute which is quicker than it would take me to do 100 yards). They have beaten at least one Tennessee team, Clarksville High School, early in the season although not near as dominating. Their defense is somewhat porous allowing just over 14 points a game, but this team does not seem to care as they are averaging about 35 points per game on the offensive side of the field. The defense is fast and fly for the ball but might get knocked on their butts if pushed and might fall for counterplays or run action passes (simple sweep to the outside will probably have 11 players alongside the running back). Their offense is clearly high-powered averaging about 150 passing yards per game and about 200 yards on the ground. Their quarterback, Anthony Hickey, is the real deal (might be even better than the I Train, got to see him in person) leading the team through the air with 9 touchdown passes and only 1 interception. But, he is also their leading rusher with just over 92 yards per game and 7 touchdowns on the ground. He is a tremendous athlete and getting more looks on the basketball court (has offers already from Western Kentucky, Oklahoma State and Murray, and wanting Duke and UK, but you can see more of him at:

). I guess it does not take a rocket scientist to determine who on that team needs to be stopped. Oakland needs to tackle #3 whenever we see him! An ideal strategy is to have Darius McAdoo mark their quarterback. If their quarterback goes to the bathroom, I would want Darius to be in the next stall. I will, however, let the coaching staff prepare the game plan, but stopping their quarterback will probably be the deciding factor. They are also very motivated as they remember getting beat at Oakland last year. While working the chain gangs last year (gotta do my public service), I heard their coaching staff comment on more than one occasion that Oakland has to come to their place next year. Well, next year is here and they are cooking up some revenge stew. If Oakland does not come with their “A†game (and not just one half like they have done some this year), we will have some unhappy players and they will be eating that stew. Oakland can win, but the players need to be ready. It would not surprise me if their are more Oakland fans despite the 100 mile drive.

Prediction: Oakland 28; Christian County 14.

:flower:

Pattons dad is in for a big suprise throughout this play off run. We ran it down blackman's throat with the exception of a play or two every run. Enjoy your short lived success..

whoooo! did i hit a little nerve!

NO...you passed it down our throat...and caught it down our throat...your QB and recievers are as good as i've seen in this district since i've been around...

your head coach is a good coach and good coaches find the cracks of a team's defense and set's up the game plan accordingly and Mac did that...he spread us out instead of running the I /power formation and passed early...often...and with sucesss! Maberry had a quite 68 yards and Mitchell about 25 in think!...i'm certainly not saying you guys cannot beat us if we play again...because you can...you have a great team...but i'll nearly bet my first born (don't tell him this) that you will not beat us if you line up and do what you did in 2008 and 2009...which is power I formation football... and why would you???? you have a QB that has the it factor...you have great recievers...you have 2 good n fast backs...and all of these are a threat when in the spread... I HOPE you do go this route if we play again...our front 8 would love the challenge...against us...you are a much harder team to defend when you are in the spread and the QB doing his thing throwing and scrambling! my point was not a personl slam on oakland's manhood...just a statement about strategy!

and...we are enjoying ourselves...thanks for the kind words!

PBD :flower:

:flower:

whoooo! did i hit a little nerve!

NO...you passed it down our throat...and caught it down our throat...your QB and recievers are as good as i've seen in this district since i've been around...

your head coach is a good coach and good coaches find the cracks of a team's defense and set's up the game plan accordingly and Mac did that...he spread us out instead of running the I /power formation and passed early...often...and with sucesss! Maberry had a quite 68 yards and Mitchell about 25 in think!...i'm certainly not saying you guys cannot beat us if we play again...because you can...you have a great team...but i'll nearly bet my first born (don't tell him this) that you will not beat us if you line up and do what you did in 2008 and 2009...which is power I formation football... and why would you???? you have a QB that has the it factor...you have great recievers...you have 2 good n fast backs...and all of these are a threat when in the spread... I HOPE you do go this route if we play again...our front 8 would love the challenge...against us...you are a much harder team to defend when you are in the spread and the QB doing his thing throwing and scrambling! my point was not a personl slam on oakland's manhood...just a statement about strategy!

and...we are enjoying ourselves...thanks for the kind words!

PBD :flower:

Coach Thomas told me you would like that! LOL..All in good fun sir. You guys deserved the win.

Coach Thomas told me you would like that! LOL..All in good fun sir. You guys deserved the win.

hahahahaha!-he got me...i was typing hard and fast!

i can believe this is true...he's still mad that i used to abuse him at practice everyday at ECU! :roflol:

dave's problem is he talks way to much and get's way to excited...LOL!

go win out and let's do this thing again...win or lose...it did not get much better than last friday night for high school football!

i can believe this is true...he's still mad that i used to abuse him at practice everyday at ECU! :roflol:

go win out and let's do this thing again...win or lose...it did not get much better than last friday night for high school football!

If were gonna do this again, I think meeting in Cookeville is the only way to do it :thumb:

LOL!! Can't wait to have this discussion with him tomrrow. HAHA thats hilarious and great stuff! Yes sir and same to you guys.