Best High School Football Player In The Past 20 Years

cornerback10

Yeah that's pretty incredible regardless...Eddie Moore wouldve posted similar during playoffs if not for us also having Pickett and Starkey sharing the load...Pickett had over 1000 from what I was told during playoffs and he played 5 so over 1300 in 4 is a amazing feat indeed...Would have liked to see him in action...Did he go on to play anywhere in College?

Played one year at Independence Community College in Kansas. Ole Miss coaches got him in there. Not sure what he's into now, I know it is not football though.

Edited by wholder

heres info that is irrelevant to this topic but did anyone know that the New York Giants General Manager played and graduated from Lake Co??? Jerry Reese, class of 81, and his parents still live in Tiptonville!!! And he is also a huge donor to the county and football team...gloves headsets motivational speeches etc...his brotherin law Coach Greg Ross is asst at LC now!!!! i know i know but i had to share that! Just try not to forget those who help us out in the L

Yeah Shocker, I knew that 'cause you told me Friday night!!!! :thumb::roflol: Hope to meet up with you again sometime friend.

My top 2 would be Willis and Fleming.

Can't go wrong there and I'll put Dailey and Longmire in at 3-4 in whatever order one wants them in! #5 pick for me is Drew Hayes today. Most all of these kids have a follow up career at the upper levels in football but this is about in High School. Apparently Marco left his mark in HS only. Others moved on in football or baseball or just plain life.

There have been some great players names listed on here and all deserve a heads up from the last 20 years.

But, for that time frame I'd have to vote for Willis, Fleming, Dailey and Longmire.

Two of this 4 are from NW TN and I do know that most on here have no clue who at least one of them is (if you don't know who Willis is you are likely institutionalized football wise.) Now someone may have a name to throw into the Fab Four but they better be better than Longmire was or................... Just check his stats (at the state level--it's on this thread).

Can't go wrong there and I'll put Dailey and Longmire in at 3-4 in whatever order one wants them in! #5 pick for me is Drew Hayes today. Most all of these kids have a follow up career at the upper levels in football but this is about in High School. Apparently Marco left his mark in HS only. Others moved on in football or baseball or just plain life.

There have been some great players names listed on here and all deserve a heads up from the last 20 years.

But, for that time frame I'd have to vote for Willis, Fleming, Dailey and Longmire.

Two of this 4 are from NW TN and I do know that most on here have no clue who at least one of them is (if you don't know who Willis is you are likely institutionalized football wise.) Now someone may have a name to throw into the Fab Four but they better be better than Longmire was or................... Just check his stats (at the state level--it's on this thread).

Hard to beat you're top 4, someone mentioned the Copeland kid from Harriman,yeah he was a dandy himself. One of the most talented kids I saw was Owens from Ezell,don't have a clue what happened to him, I don't think he vwas a very good student,the Davis kid was also extremely good. Been alot of great player at the small level.

I agree that he is definitely the most accomplished player ever out of 1A/2A or what have you. However, I believe there are some guys who may have been better while playing hs football than Willis. This guy was recruited b/c he was a freakish athlete but mostly developed while he was at Ole Miss, he actually flew under the radar as he was not really heavily recruited.....

Isn't Patrick Willis the only player to be a finalist for Mr. Football back and lineman? I would say that is pretty good.

Jermaine Copeland from Harriman was pretty good. Still playing in the CFL.

Yes, you're right, Copeland was amazing and he was a heck of a basketball player too! One of the best linebackers I saw play in those days was Scott Galyon of Seymour who started at UT. He was probably the hardest hitting LB I've ever seen!!

Isn't Patrick Willis the only player to be a finalist for Mr. Football back and lineman? I would say that is pretty good.

Couldn't have said it better, and Kevin38 like I told you before if you think Willis was undeveloped in HS it's because you didn't see him play then. Back then very few kids were "heavily recruited" in this area because of the small schools and rural atmosphere but, Patrick had several offers anyway. He made the right choice for him.

He was readily recognized as one of the top prospects in TN his senior season and proved the ones that said so to be correct. Any team that went on the field against Bruceton/Hollow Rock Central in Willis' time feared him on both sides of the ball.

Yeah sooner than we thought, hear you and butchie are going to UC tomorrow night and we will be rolling in Big Blue

Well Shocker, guess you'll see Butchie tonight but I had a Dr's appointment that kept me too late to come. Sure would have loved to hang out with you outlaws tonight though!!!! Ya'll fellers from Lake Co. are mine and Butchies kind of football fans. Makes it more fun than folks ought to have in public!!!! Maybe we can all group up and go to a neutral game sometime and be sure and leave bond $$ with family back home that will come get us!!!!! :thumb::roflolk::popcorneater:

Hard to beat you're top 4, someone mentioned the Copeland kid from Harriman,yeah he was a dandy himself. One of the most talented kids I saw was Owens from Ezell,don't have a clue what happened to him, I don't think he vwas a very good student,the Davis kid was also extremely good. Been alot of great player at the small level.

Yeah, I remember when Copeland played. TN has nothing to hang it's head about where football talent is concerned. FL and CA seem to be the top producers but there could be some collegesque things contributing to that? There have been some awsome players named on here and many still left off or to be named later from TN!

Brandon Springer from Lake Co. was a beast of epic proportions. He was almost as much of a game changer as Marco Daily was. The Lake Co. fans and McKenzie fans will never forget what has been affectionately named "The Shootout"! When Brandon Springer and the afore mentioned Drew Hayes from McKenzie and their respective teamates stood toe to toe and slugged it out in McKenzie! OMG what a game. The final was like 53-52 McKenzie or something close by a point or two. If you like defense this WAS NOT the game for you to watch!!!

I just think that Springer deserves a mention on here from Lake Co. along with Flowers and the others.

I would have to say the best I've seen was running back Eric Westmoreland from Marion County in the early to mid 90's. He went on and accepted a full ride to UT as an outside linebacker where he was the co-captain of the 98 national championship team. He was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars and finally ended his career with the Cleveland Browns.