week 9 memphis

dou

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weeks games are as follows

Ridgeway vs Germantown This game will be decided by who tackles the best. Ridgeway 22 Gtown 21

Whitehaven vs East The Tigers can't afford a slip up. Whitehaven 38 East 0

MUS vs CBHS Will this be the year the brothers get over the hump? CBHS 24 MUS 21

Craigmont vs Millington Now or never for the Trojans. Craigmont 20 Millington 14

Kingsbury vs Mitchell Upset special!!! Kingsbury 30 Mitchell 21

Edited by dannyq

Ridgeway vs Germantown This game will be decided by who tackles the best. Ridgeway 22 Gtown 21

MUS vs CBHS Will this be the year the brothers get over the hump? CBHS 24 MUS 21

Craigmont vs Millington Now or never for the Trojans. Craigmont 20 Millington 14

I will give this a try.

Ridgeway 28 Germantown 7

Whitehaven 35 East 14

CBHS 17 MUS 14

Craigmont 28 Millingtion 21

Mitchell 35 Kinsbury 28

White Station plays Hamilton tonight. My only comment on this game is I hope our young guys do not overlook them.

Edited by spartanfan75

I will give this a try.

Ridgeway 28 Germantown 7

Whitehaven 35 East 14

CBHS 17 MUS 14

Craigmont 28 Millingtion 21

Mitchell 35 Kinsbury 28

White Station plays Hamilton tonight. My only comment on this game is I hope our young guys do not overlook them.

Ridgeway 28 Germantown 7

Whitehaven 42 East 7

CBHS 21 MUS 14

Craigmont vs Millingtion - too close to call.

Mitchell 35 Kingsbury 21

I'll throw my 2 cents in on some Big Games in Memphis, Mainly Class AAA (5A and 6A) with a couple of Div II games in there.

G-Town vs. Ridgeway will come down to who is the more disciplined team. Ridgeway gives up nothing on defense, however, G-Town's offense can lull a team to sleep long enough to pop a big one and knock a team off balance. This battle between 2 great Memphis-Shelby Co. Metro Area coaching staffs will determine who will be District 15-AAA champs. I look forward to the outcome of this one!!! 8-):thumb:

MUS vs. CBHS should be a close hard fought game... Now when I say close the score could have a combined score of under 20 points or over 80. This Memphis Area Private school Rivalry is one of the Best in the Mid-South, thus the reason the game will be a part of the Yall vs Us series on TV. Big Time and Bright Lights :popcorneater:

St. Benedict vs. Briarcrest will be another hard fought Private school contest. I look for a shootout in this one. Well over 60 points between both teams even though Briarcrest will be playing their best receiver as well as a 9th grader at QB... Major Wright is no joke as a Coach... SBA's Wilkins' Brothers are a legit Dynamic Duo!

Millington vs. Craigmont: Millington is playing for their Playoff lives... Craigmont has a youth movement going on with their Soph. QB, Sam Craft, leading the way. Because of Craigmont's youth they may not even realize how BIG of a game this is (the Chiefs WILL lock up the District 14 AAA championship with a win) which may play in their favor... If Millington can play their ball control style of football this may be the most intriging finish of a game tonight. :popcorneater:

Mitchell and Kingsbury will be a showcase of athleticism tonight out at Da Haven... Both teams should be hyped for this one... I'm sure Mitchell is chomping at the bit to get out on the field to redeem themselves for last weeks perfomance, while Kingsbury just wants to prove that they can hang with any AAA school in the city being that they are a AA school and they own a victory over G-Town and only lost by 10 points to Brentwood Academy.

Central vs. Melrose: Melrose is trying to position themselves for a possible District 16 AAA Championship Match up vs. Whitehaven next week. If They can hold off BIG Cam Clear and Memphis Central tonight they will be in the mix to make that happen!

Southwind vs. Wooddale is a possible loser leave town match up in District 15 AAA. Javon Robinson and Co. would be just about finished if they lose this game tonight out at Oakhaven. I bet he is up for the challenge... We'll see if Southwind's Bend but don't Break Defense will hold up their end enough so that their Junior QB, Darrius Henderson, can make something happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for our Game, East has a lot of size! A lot of Great Athlete's as well as A Lot of guys who go both ways! This game will come down to Conditioning.

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Ridgeway 28 Germantown 10, G-town has a good back in Lowe, but they just do not have the horses to stay with Ridgeway

Whitehaven 38 East 14, should be a good game for a quarter and a half

CBHS 17 MUS 21, this should be a good one

Craigmont 24 Millington 13, this should be a competitive game

Mitchell 23 Kingsbury 28, I like Kingsbury's defense better

Central 17 Melrose 18, Could you imagine the talk, should Melrose lose this game?

St. Benedict 20 Briarcrest 23, Briarcrest may be a little too physical in this one

The most intriguing game for me is the Melrose vs. Central game. Anyway you slice it, Melrose is down; the team is down; the program is down; Orangemound is down; this is clearly not the same type of team and program we all are accustom to seeing. Yes, I still see hard working kids with a lot of pride and heart, and a very talented junior QB in Gross, but not much else. This game will only determine how far Melrose has declined. Again, this isn't simply a down year, this is a down program! If it were not for their talented quarterback Will Gross, this team would only have one, maybe two, victories thus far this year, all my opinion of course.

Edited by fourthree

RW 28 -- Gtwn 10 ... Rdgeway has the discipline, speed and talent....shuts down that wishbone!

WH 34 -- East 6 ... Whitehaven's new QB makes them a serious threat to win the State Championship!!

MUS 24 -- CBHS 21 ... MUS wins another close rivalry game.

CG 26 -- Mil 17 ... Millington's offense won't keep pace

Mit 36 -- KB 28 ... Shootout at the OK Corral!

Col 38 -- Hou 34 ... Another shootout. Gotta' pick my Alma Mater!

Ridgeway 28 Germantown 10, G-town has a good back in Lowe, but they just do not have the horses to stay with Ridgeway

Whitehaven 38 East 14, should be a good game for a quarter and a half

CBHS 17 MUS 21, this should be a good one

Craigmont 24 Millington 13, this should be a competitive game

Mitchell 23 Kingsbury 28, I like Kingsbury's defense better

Central 17 Melrose 18, Could you imagine the talk, should Melrose lose this game?

St. Benedict 20 Briarcrest 23, Briarcrest may be a little too physical in this one

The most intriguing game for me is the Melrose vs. Central game. Anyway you slice it, Melrose is down; the team is down; the program is down; Orangemound is down; this is clearly not the same type of team and program we all are accustom to seeing. Yes, I still see hard working kids with a lot of pride and heart, and a very talented junior QB in Gross, but not much else. This game will only determine how far Melrose has declined. Again, this isn't simply a down year, this is a down program! If it were not for their talented quarterback Will Gross, this team would only have one, maybe two, victories thus far this year, all my opinion of course.

(according to CoachT's scoreboard)

Central 24 -- Melrose 22

--------------------------------------

Wow!

How the mighty have fallen...Let the talk begin.

The Orange Mound Community will absolutely DEMAND that Head Coach Alexander be REPLACED, and run out of town on a rail!!

Book it.