Gordonsville@Pichett Co.

pasttiger

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers take this with ease but you have to respect the kids at Pickett, hats off to them.

The Tiger coaches are in a predicament. The 1's have to play for a period of time, at which PC will be NO opposition at all. With the playoffs starting next week, the 1's HAVE to play enough to maintain the point they have reached this year, but they don't want it to look like they are running the score up. They will spot sub early hoping that the team can come away with a simlance of enough reps. Hate to hear about the DB injury. Always a fear this time of the year.

The Tiger coaches are in a predicament. The 1's have to play for a period of time, at which PC will be NO opposition at all. With the playoffs starting next week, the 1's HAVE to play enough to maintain the point they have reached this year, but they don't want it to look like they are running the score up. They will spot sub early hoping that the team can come away with a simlance of enough reps. Hate to hear about the DB injury. Always a fear this time of the year.

I'd play the starters at least a full quarter and spot sub til half, and then open the flood gates for the younguns.

First of all hats off to the young men and women that play for Pickett County. These kids play hard from start to finish knowing that its an uphill battle every time they step on the field and you gotta respect that. Someone was telling me that Pickett Co. was no longer going to have a football team after this year is there any truth to that? Croz if you take your glove and sit out by the road you might be able to catch a pop fly during the game! :thumb:

First of all hats off to the young men and women that play for Pickett County. These kids play hard from start to finish knowing that its an uphill battle every time they step on the field and you gotta respect that. Someone was telling me that Pickett Co. was no longer going to have a football team after this year is there any truth to that? Croz if you take your glove and sit out by the road you might be able to catch a pop fly during the game! :thumb:

I've heard they are going to play a jv schedule next year...not completely dropping the program though.

Open the flood gates should mean more than one down :angry: while the regs have to stay fresh, what about next year? and the year after than?? and ... and ... I'm looking ahead too far maybe but ... well it's hard not to when you want a winning history not just a winning season !!!!!

I agree, there have been times this year when alot of the younger players could've got a little more playing time.

They normally swap 3 or 4 players out every play when I think they need to leave them in at least 3 or 4 plays to let them get some continuity.