Smyrna Vs. Oakland

seantn_4

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams have been waiting for this one since the first set of rankings came out. Back in the day week ten was the Battle of the Boro and it got teams ready for the playoffs for sure! This year will be no exception. It will be hard-hitting and full of ooh's and aah's from both sides. Get there early because parking is a problem at SHS and so is the seating. What a marquee game for us! The press will be in full force, and so will be the TV crews. This is what high school football is all about. Both teams still have members on them that won state championships, both teams have playmakers, team speed, hard-hitting defenses, good lines, versatile QB's... but the difference that I see will come down to coaching. Keasler has coached in back to back championship games for Smyrna and is very seasoned, but the OC hasn't. I think this is where OHS will pull ahead and win in classic, thrilling,and last second fashion. I would have it no other way. Go patriots!

Both teams are very talented, however I would have to give Smyrna the advantage with overall talent at the skill positions. It is going to be a very close game, and I believe that turnovers will decide the outcome. McDaniel has been at Oakland for almost 3 years, and he has won 32 out of 36 games. I sure wish we could have found someone much better to be our head coach.....lol.....Go Patriots......Go Oakand Football coaches. You guys are the best that have ever been at Oakland hands down. If you plan to go to the game you better get there early, because Smyrna fans will come out in droves.

If I was going to support Oakland friday night, I would get there early, and sit on the Smyrna side and fill it up first.They never get there early, that way everybody coming from Oakland will get a seat.

Great planning. For the Blackman game they did not open the gates until 5:30. Make Smyrna share those itty-bitty visitor side with the Oakland Band.

well at least we agree on meadows...that's the first thing you've gotten right in all your post...i've been saying that all along! :D

so you've already read them and STILL talking...?

that's why it's true that "admitting you have a problem is 50% of solving the problem"!

Bryson will be a good CB at the next level!

Mathers will be a good running back at the next level!

because Mathers is the best running back in the state... :thumb:

what about your son Jess lol

1.Young 2.Bryson 3.Davenport 4.Mathers

thats jus my opinon

what about your son Jess lol

1.Young 2.Bryson 3.Davenport 4.Mathers

thats jus my opinon

i think meadows is better! never said anything differently! anyone that knows this can confirm this... his legit 4.5 speed is the difference maker and his explosiveness...he's an outside guy and mine is probably an inside guy...he'll get higer level D1 offers...i have loved watching him play! i am a realist and i played LB at ECU...i was not great...but i was around some great ones and great coaching!

all these guys are good...really good!

but my point is this...bryson will play corner back at pitt...young i would actually put at an equal with mathers at this point...but since he has one more year to play...my opinion is he will be better before it is all said and done...davenport ...i think he'll get a chance to play at the next level but don't think it will be at the high D1 level like mathers...

i'll try not to get on your nerves anymore...i've sorta been harrasing you...sorry

i think meadows is better! never said anything differently! anyone that knows this can confirm this... his legit 4.5 speed is the difference maker and his explosiveness...he's an outside guy and mine is probably an inside guy...he'll get higer level D1 offers...i have loved watching him play! i am a realist and i played LB at ECU...i was not great...but i was around some great ones and great coaching!

all these guys are good...really good!

but my point is this...bryson will play corner back at pitt...young i would actually put at an equal with mathers at this point...but since he has one more year to play...my opinion is he will be better before it is all said and done...davenport ...i think he'll get a chance to play at the next level but don't think it will be at the high D1 level like mathers...

i'll try not to get on your nerves anymore...i've sorta been harrasing you...sorry

thanks man gud luck friday

im going to preface this by saying I have only seen smyrna and oakland play 1 game and that was against us...in my opinion smyrna has more weapons i really dont think this game will be close...smyrna 34 oakland 10

Being that the most points Oakland has ever given up in a regulation game under McDaniel is 22, you can keep trying :thumb: . Smyrna hasnt scored that much in their last 3 meetings with Oakland, much less in one game.