Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Bracket

Gerry Bertier

They have put Grundy in twice. I think Bledsoe versus Sequatchie should be the 4 vs 5 game. Grundy's loss to Grace will drop them to a 7 or 8 seed and be playing @ either Smith County or Goodpasture. What a let down game for the Yellow Jackets. Better get their heads on straight.

Bledsoe would be the 5 seed. I put Grundy in twice. I will correct it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bledsoe beats CCS they will likely pass Sequatchie due to the tiebreaker "teams played that have won 50 percent of games"..Bledsoe will have Grundy, Sequatchie, Coalfield, Harriman, Rockwood, probably Marion, Sequatchie will have Grundy, Bledsoe, Signal Mountain, Chattanooga Central, probably Marion.

Pearl-Cohn looks to take third unless CPA can upset them, which isn't out of the question from the results this year.

East Literature could also jump back into potentially hosting, if they can beat Lipscomb.

I see you have Cheatham as 8. I have a question......is Lewis county out no matter if the win next week against East Hickman? There seems to be alot of confusion over it. Appreciate any info on the statis.....Thanks

Lewis still has a shot. Here is the scenario. There are 6 4 win teams currently in the state- Cheatham, Waverly, Manassas, York Inst., Piegon Forge, and CCS. There are two spots currently open for those teams. So Lewis needs to win against East Hickman, then have 5 out of the 6 teams lose to get in. Lewis would hold the tiebreaker over any 4 win team.

Here is who those teams have next week.

Cheatham vs. Creekwood- After the Cubs loss to Waverly this is not a given.

Waverly vs. Mont. Central- Central is a quality team so tough game for the Tigers.

Manassas VS. Kingsbury- Toss up Game- If Manassas wins they are in not matter what cause they would be in the top 2 of the district.

York vs. Smith Co.- Would be a major upset if Smith Co. lost.

Piegon Forge vs. Gatlingburg Pittman- GP should win

CCS vs. Bledsoe Co.- No telling the way Bledsoe has played.

So looking at these game, Lewis Co. has a realistic shot if they win.

Here is how it would play out if this was the real playoff set up:

Quad 1

Chuckey Doak- No better team in that quad Doak has came had a better year than and with Montgomery and a D1 sized Center, they would easily win this quad.

Quad 2

Alcoa-One word when it comes to Alcoa and that is TRADITION. You dont sit back and collect gold balls for nothing.

Quad 3

Goodpasture- Though Goodpasture might not be the team of old they are still Goodpasture who has been to numerous playoffs, quaterfinals, semifinals, and state championships

Quad 4

Fairview- Fairview has turned some heads this year with losing to the state champions by 6. I think they are the underdogs but have potential to make some noise

His parents would have to move out of Ensworth's territory. Pearl Cohn is within it. It's not likely he could play at Pearl Cohn unless granted a waiver.

If I'm not mistaken he just has to show a change of address, in other words rent a house in PC zone. Kent Hand switched from East Robertson to WHH. Those schools are only about 5 miles apart. Maybe your right though because one is private and one is public.

If I'm not mistaken he just has to show a change of address, in other words rent a house in PC zone. Kent Hand switched from East Robertson to WHH. Those schools are only about 5 miles apart. Maybe your right though because one is private and one is public.

According to TSSAA

Section 12. Eligible Transfer Students.

Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible:

a. The student has no athletic record in the previous twelve months in any sport sponsored by TSSAA;

b. There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's parents or guardian. If such a

change of residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the

school year to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may

transfer without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the

next report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year;

My question is does A override B?

Here is how it would play out if this was the real playoff set up:

Quad 1

Chuckey Doak- No better team in that quad Doak has came had a better year than and with Montgomery and a D1 sized Center, they would easily win this quad.

Quad 2

Alcoa-One word when it comes to Alcoa and that is TRADITION. You dont sit back and collect gold balls for nothing.

Quad 3

Goodpasture- Though Goodpasture might not be the team of old they are still Goodpasture who has been to numerous playoffs, quaterfinals, semifinals, and state championships

Quad 4

Fairview- Fairview has turned some heads this year with losing to the state champions by 6. I think they are the underdogs but have potential to make some noise

Fairview's record reflects their schedule. Only two teams with 500+ records and lost one of those. I would think Camden or Milan would be Quad 4 best.

Fairview's record reflects their schedule. Only two teams with 500+ records and lost one of those. I would think Camden or Milan would be Quad 4 best.

I have to agree with FBGirl on this point. Milan and Camden are proven strong and should meet in the quarters. This will be a great and interesting playoff bracket this year.

According to TSSAA

Section 12. Eligible Transfer Students.

Except as otherwise provided in Section 13 below, the following transfer students are eligible:

a. The student has no athletic record in the previous twelve months in any sport sponsored by TSSAA;

b. There has been a bona fide change of residence by the student's parents or guardian. If such a

change of residence occurs between school years, the student must transfer at the beginning of the

school year to be eligible. If the change of residence occurs during the school year, the student may

transfer without loss of eligibility (1) at the time his/her parents change residence; (2) at the end of the

next report card period; (3) at the close of the semester or term; or (4) at the close of the school year;

My question is does A override B?

Also from TSSAA site

"Section 13. Ineligible Transfer Students.

The following transfer students are ineligible for a period of twelve months from the student's last

participation date (these provisions do not apply to students who have no athletic record for the previous or

current school year):

a. A student who transfers without a bona fide change of residence by his/her parents;

b. A student who transfers as a result of a change of residence is ineligible unless (1) the old residence

is outside the territory of the new school, and (2) the new residence is both outside the territory of the

old school and inside the territory of the new school;

c. If a student has been ruled eligible as a result of a change of residence, and the parents or guardian

return to the former residence before the student has been enrolled in the new school for one

complete school year (or twelve months if the transfer occurred during the school year), the student

will be ineligible for twelve months from his/her last participation date;

Territory – For a public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic boundaries and bus routes of the area served by that

school as established by the local board of education. For a system-wide public school, the “territory†of the school is the geographic

boundaries of the school system. For a non-public school, the “territory†of the school is the area within a twenty (20) mile radius from

the school."

It depends on how you interpret. It mentions residences...and not really the location of the schools. If I am reading it correctly...The parents would have to move at least 20 miles away from Ensworth...and within 20 miles of Pearl Cohn.

Edited by Antwan