Gerry Bertier 3A Playoff Bracket

Gerry Bertier

Check again Gerry, Bledsoe is east of Howard. It is a toss up with Tyner and Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is east of Howard, but TSSAA draws the lines based on travel. So, in TSSAA's opinion, it would be more beneficial economically (based on travel) for Bledsoe to be in quad 3 and Howard and Tyner to be in quad 2.

We won't find out this year, but I'm interested to see who TSSAA would send to quad 1 between CAK and Alcoa if only 7 teams east of them made it into the playoffs :unsure:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bledsoe is east of Howard, but TSSAA draws the lines based on travel. So, in TSSAA's opinion, it would be more beneficial economically (based on travel) for Bledsoe to be in quad 3 and Howard and Tyner to be in quad 2.

We won't find out this year, but I'm interested to see who TSSAA would send to quad 1 between CAK and Alcoa if only 7 teams east of them made it into the playoffs :unsure:

Looking at the TSSAA map it looked close, but I went back googled map it and they are further east, I would think they would send Alcoa east. I wish CAK or Alcoa would go so we could see their rematch in the playoffs one week later.

Looking at the TSSAA map it looked close, but I went back googled map it and they are further east, I would think they would send Alcoa east. I wish CAK or Alcoa would go so we could see their rematch in the playoffs one week later.

Based on the TSSAA map, Howard and Chattanooga Christian (which are beside each other on the map) are both further west than Bledsoe.

Can you tell where true North is, It is really hard to tell but by just looking it seems Bledsoe is further East.

Bledsoe is a little further east. They could go to quad 2 with a change. That does not mean they will.

I have no idea why they put Bledsoe in quad 3...and Howard in quad 2.

Edited by Antwan

Here is how I see Quad 1 going.

#1 WG vs #8 SG

#2 CD vs #7 EHS

#3 HV vs #6 AE

#4 SN vs #5 GP

7 WIN TEAMS

WG

CD

HV

SN

GP

6 WIN TEAMS

AE

EHS

SG

Way to go TSSAA, with these parings the #8 team beat the #2 team 56-27 tonight, stand by for some exciting playoff games woo hoo.

There is even a chance South Green could be bumped out all together.

Edited by CycloneCyclone

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf