Gallatin 6-3 vs Hendersonville 7-2

GWAVE1

With Gallatin and Hendersonville's wins last night it sets up a huge clash between these big rivals. This win has big district implications on it along with the Beech/Mt Juliet game. All 4 teams are in the playoffs but seeding is still up in the air along with the district championship. None of the 4 teams can do it alone, they all have to be watching the other game to see in what order they fall.

Hendersonville has been the quiet team of the district. The Commandos just plod along winning game after game. The win over Beech was a huge stepping stone. While the Commandos don't have any impressive numbers on offense the defense is stout and get it done. The Hville line is their strength. They play solid ball and wear their opponents out. They are a run first with the fullback lead in the wing-t package. They traditionally will suck you in with the fullback then bucksweep you all night. This year like last year they have Howell at Qb who is a dual threat. Gallatin has got to be prepared on defense for the running attack, whomever gets the carries.

Gallatin this year has gone to the air and been very successful. They have a multitude of players who can catch the ball. The running game is adequate and can hurt you if you don't respect it. Defensively the Wave gives up yardage but will make you earn it. Only three teams have had sizable gains on offense and all three were Gallatin losses. If Gallatin can limit the big plays then they have a good shot at winning the game. Gallatin has lost the last two games against Hendersonville with both being played at their home field.

This will be a hard hitting and no love game. Lots of respect between these two teams, but both know what could be for the winner. Expect an overflow crowd for this one!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Gallatin and Hendersonville's wins last night it sets up a huge clash between these big rivals. This win has big district implications on it along with the Beech/Mt Juliet game. All 4 teams are in the playoffs but seeding is still up in the air along with the district championship. None of the 4 teams can do it alone, they all have to be watching the other game to see in what order they fall.

Hendersonville has been the quiet team of the district. The Commandos just plod along winning game after game. The win over Beech was a huge stepping stone. While the Commandos don't have any impressive numbers on offense the defense is stout and get it done. The Hville line is their strength. They play solid ball and wear their opponents out. They are a run first with the fullback lead in the wing-t package. They traditionally will suck you in with the fullback then bucksweep you all night. This year like last year they have Howell at Qb who is a dual threat. Gallatin has got to be prepared on defense for the running attack, whomever gets the carries.

Gallatin this year has gone to the air and been very successful. They have a multitude of players who can catch the ball. The running game is adequate and can hurt you if you don't respect it. Defensively the Wave gives up yardage but will make you earn it. Only three teams have had sizable gains on offense and all three were Gallatin losses. If Gallatin can limit the big plays then they have a good shot at winning the game. Gallatin has lost the last two games against Hendersonville with both being played at their home field.

This will be a hard hitting and no love game. Lots of respect between these two teams, but both know what could be for the winner. Expect an overflow crowd for this one!!

I am a huge fan of HHS this week. Go HHS!

After watching both teams play the past two weeks. I think this one will be close and low scoring. HHS' defense is very good. Probably the second best we have seen this year behind Smyrna. I think you have to put the ball up against them to keep them honest. Unfortunantely, we were not able to do that much in the second half. Their offense is lackluster and very predictable. (No td's in regulation) Station Camp and White House scored more points in regulation against Beech than HHS. My prediction is that this one is won by the kickers.

HHS 9

GHS 7

Edited by tandem

Gallatin will need it's D to hold the HHS O and get off the field. The Gallatin O has been different this year than in years past. We came into this season thinking power run and have somehow found the fountain of Don Coryell. Smith has thrown for over 1000 yards and 13 TD's on the season. I look for HHS to load the box and blitz most of the game the success of this game for either team may be the Gallatin O-line and how they play. If they can withstand the onslaught of the HHS D Gallatin just may get the win if not the Commandos may win at Green Wave stadium for the first time since 98'.

Gallatin will need it's D to hold the HHS O and get off the field. The Gallatin O has been different this year than in years past. We came into this season thinking power run and have somehow found the fountain of Don Coryell. Smith has thrown for over 1000 yards and 13 TD's on the season. I look for HHS to load the box and blitz most of the game the success of this game for either team may be the Gallatin O-line and how they play. If they can withstand the onslaught of the HHS D Gallatin just may get the win if not the Commandos may win at Green Wave stadium for the first time since 98'.

Your off by 6. Hville beat Gallatin at the Wave Yard in 04. I look to see the Commandos continue on their roll, and get the W over Gallatin. Gallatin might want to bring in extra bleachers for the Commando faithful as well. it should be packed.

Your off by 6. Hville beat Gallatin at the Wave Yard in 04. I look to see the Commandos continue on their roll, and get the W over Gallatin. Gallatin might want to bring in extra bleachers for the Commando faithful as well. it should be packed.

I just couldn't remember if they played at home in 04' or not. That was the team loaded with sophomore starters for the Green Wave. Either way should be a good game.

Hopefully it will be packed on both sides, it is supposed to be perfect football weather. Gallatin showed how successful it can be in throwing the football last Friday night. With the way Hendersonville shut down Haymer and Beech's running game, it appears it's going to take a lot of passing success for the Wave to have a chance to come out on top. Several Gallatin coaches mentioned on the Saturday morning show that their best game is still yet out there. Friday night at the Wave Yard would be a great time to find it!

Never needed extra bleachers for Hendersonville before and I doubt you fill up the visitor side this time.

Already hearing a lot of smack talk on the streets from the Commando faithful!! Love these types of games!!