McMinn Central @ Sequatchie Co.

bratt22

Had sequatchie not used timeouts torwards the end of the game with the lead they already had, i would have respected that, but using timeouts made it obvious they were trying to score as much as possible. It even appeared that the sequatchie offense was trying to get a play off in the 22 seconds they had after receiving the final kickoff, but the clock was running and they couldnt. what good did it do to win by 42 instead of 35? did it improve your jv by scoring on a team that has scored maybe 4 touchdowns all year?

You would have to ask the coach that, but I didn't see any problem using timeouts trying to get freshmen and a few players who haven't played probably 10 snaps all season in the right spots instead of getting a penalty.

Sequatchie hasn't tried to run the score up on anyone this year. They had the ball at the two last week up 35-0 at Meigs Co. and all three timeouts left and let the time run out instead of scoring at the end of the 1st half. In it's last four games including tonight's game Sequatchie has scored 119 first half points and only 41 second half points and only 7 4th quarter points tonight by a freshmen who broke a couple of tackles to score.

Edited by Sequatchie

Had sequatchie not used timeouts torwards the end of the game with the lead they already had, i would have respected that, but using timeouts made it obvious they were trying to score as much as possible.

The timeouts were used to get freshmen into place as Sequatchie said.

It even appeared that the sequatchie offense was trying to get a play off in the 22 seconds they had after receiving the final kickoff, but the clock was running and they couldnt.

Trying to let the starters get to take the knee in the victory formation.

what good did it do to win by 42 instead of 35? did it improve your jv by scoring on a team that has scored maybe 4 touchdowns all year?

Yes it does improve the JV to get playing time. Most of the players on the field were freshmen with a few sophomores. If the situation dictates that they go in then they should be allowed to play with intensity. The QB and all the RBs getting the ball were freshmen. The player that scored the touchdown was a first year player.

Congrats to the Indians and Coach Barger.

Why did sequatchie go for it on 4th down, every time they had a fourth down, from 6:00 left in the third quarter all the way to the 1 minute mark in the 4th? I am absolutely astounded. Up 35-0 with 2 minutes left in the 4th, sequatchie goes for it on 4th and even uses timeouts after running the ball to give themselves more shots at scoring. Then after scoring, celebrates like they've won the super bowl. Easily the worst sportsmanship i've seen all year. Going for it on 4th and 9 up by 35...

This team will not win a game in the playoffs. Weak offense, other than spurts of long plays, which will not happen on a better team. The defense seemed to be a bit better than offense, but was helped out by a few central turnovers. Enjoy your blowout win and terrible sportsmanship, sequatchie fans, you will be on the opposite end of it next week.

You are out of line BUDDY. Central was the dirtiest team we have played all year and the refs must have been from Inglewood as well. There were so many hitting people after the whistle blew from #78 among others, it wasn't even funny. One of our players got his helmet tore off running behind the play by your guy right in front of the blind ref.

You want to talk sportsmanship, we could have scored 80 if we wanted to and I wished we had. I cant believe you are upset about our jv going for it on 4th down sounds to me like you are mad at your coach for your miserable season.

Why did sequatchie go for it on 4th down, every time they had a fourth down, from 6:00 left in the third quarter all the way to the 1 minute mark in the 4th? I am absolutely astounded. Up 35-0 with 2 minutes left in the 4th, sequatchie goes for it on 4th and even uses timeouts after running the ball to give themselves more shots at scoring. Then after scoring, celebrates like they've won the super bowl. Easily the worst sportsmanship i've seen all year. Going for it on 4th and 9 up by 35...

This team will not win a game in the playoffs. Weak offense, other than spurts of long plays, which will not happen on a better team. The defense seemed to be a bit better than offense, but was helped out by a few central turnovers. Enjoy your blowout win and terrible sportsmanship, sequatchie fans, you will be on the opposite end of it next week.

This was by far our worse game in about 5 weeks and we still blew you guys out. It looked like that day we missed kinda hurt and being senior night emotions got the best of us at points. The coach never tried to run up the score. The reason to go up on it on 4th down was to get a running clock and get the starters out with playoffs coming. It wasnt intended to run up the score. Seq will be ready next week and Ill by you our second round playoff ticket.

Had sequatchie not used timeouts torwards the end of the game with the lead they already had, i would have respected that, but using timeouts made it obvious they were trying to score as much as possible. It even appeared that the sequatchie offense was trying to get a play off in the 22 seconds they had after receiving the final kickoff, but the clock was running and they couldnt. what good did it do to win by 42 instead of 35? did it improve your jv by scoring on a team that has scored maybe 4 touchdowns all year?

havent we lost by an average of 40 pts a game this year? we need to quit crying and get better. surely josh has a game plan to do that <_<

It wasn't just to let the starters get the last play, when they went back on the field, it was to get a group out there that could line up properly and take a knee without a risk of any kind of foul up. When the coaches saw they didn't even have to run a play he motioned them back. I really don't believe you thought they were going to have the starters run a play to try to score, after not playing since the third quarter.

Close to 350 yards in the first half but they have a weak offense? Scoring too quickly makes a team weak?

The team's leading rusher on the year had six carries for the game. He didn't touch it again after 9:00 in the third quarter. It was not running it up. Second leading rusher had about that many. Everyone knew who would be getting the bulk of the carries, rightfully so, and still Sequatchie had success.

McMinn Central's turnovers didn't stop them from scoring. Averaging less than 2 yards a carry, getting two first downs, and completing one pass did. The offense never crossed midfield. They did get it at about the SC 40 once on an iffy call by the refs, who ruled a punt was touched by Sequatchie and MC recovered it.

From the posts here I'm thinking it's disrespectful to be happy after scoring a touchdown including by a freshman reserve. The younger players get beat around in practice so when they get a chance to do well in front of a large crowd, they ought to be happy.

As mentioned the timeouts late were to get the jv players in the game first of all and to make sure they were lined up right. That's been a problem in each of the last three games when they went in.

Coach Barger and staff deserve a lot of credit for not just turning it all loose in the third quarter plus in the fourth when things nearly got out of hand. The refs deserve zero credit for not taking control of what was happening. There was something going on almost every play, after, or both. Ridiculous. One player in particular, while on offense, was tackling the defender every play. Once while being heckled for not calling holding, the defender was literally tackled by a different offensive player than the one mentioned, the ref turned to the fans and grinned. They knew what they were doing, they just wanted the game to get over with. This was in the open field near the home sideline, in full view of everyone so there's no way it should have been missed.

Really this was barely worth a response but after the silly comments above I couldn't help but join in again.

Edited by Indian

It wasn't just to let the starters get the last play, when they went back on the field, it was to get a group out there that could line up properly and take a knee without a risk of any kind of foul up. When the coaches saw they didn't even have to run a play he motioned them back. I really don't believe you thought they were going to have the starters run a play to try to score, after not playing since the third quarter.

Close to 350 yards in the first half but they have a weak offense? Scoring too quickly makes a team weak?

The team's leading rusher on the year had six carries for the game. He didn't touch it again after 9:00 in the third quarter. It was not running it up. Second leading rusher had about that many. Everyone knew who would be getting the bulk of the carries, rightfully so, and still Sequatchie had success.

McMinn Central's turnovers didn't stop them from scoring. Averaging less than 2 yards a carry, getting two first downs, and completing one pass did. The offense never crossed midfield. They did get it at about the SC 40 once on an iffy call by the refs, who ruled a punt was touched by Sequatchie and MC recovered it.

From the posts here I'm thinking it's disrespectful to be happy after scoring a touchdown including by a freshman reserve. The younger players get beat around in practice so when they get a chance to do well in front of a large crowd, they ought to be happy.

As mentioned the timeouts late were to get the jv players in the game first of all and to make sure they were lined up right. That's been a problem in each of the last three games when they went in.

Coach Barger and staff deserve a lot of credit for not just turning it all loose in the third quarter plus in the fourth when things nearly got out of hand. The refs deserve zero credit for not taking control of what was happening. There was something going on almost every play, after, or both. Ridiculous. One player in particular, while on offense, was tackling the defender every play. Once while being heckled for not calling holding, the defender was literally tackled by a different offensive player than the one mentioned, the ref turned to the fans and grinned. They knew what they were doing, they just wanted the game to get over with. This was in the open field near the home sideline, in full view of everyone so there's no way it should have been missed.

Really this was barely worth a response but after the silly comments above I couldn't help but join in again.

Exactly.

A couple of comments about last night's game between the McMinn Central Chargers and the Sequatchie County Indians.

1. Central fans should not think that SC did anything unsportsman like in the second half as far as the score. They ran their base offense. They never ran a trick play or pass.

2. Whoever made the comment about Central playing dirty is out of line. The officials let alot of things go on both sides. The whole crew seemed indifferent to several incidents throughout the game that involved both teams. I do not think you will see this crew anywhere doing a playoff game unless they are holding the chains.

3. Impressed how Number 44 for SC ran the football. At 5'6" 146 Lbs, proves that "it not the size of the dog in the fight but size of the fight in the dog".

4. SC has a great facility! Great for the fans. Clean and well maintained.

5. The Chargers will be back. Youth and inexperienced proved to be to much to overcome. Glad to see Calvin Walker end his career on a positive play with the kickoff return for a TD. He never really got untracked this year because of injuries.

6. I might have to go watch Sequatchie play Bledsoe in the playoffs. The rilvary is as good as it gets. Will be a great atmoshere for high school football in Pikeville next Friday.

Edited by Old Warhorse

A couple of comments about last night's game between the McMinn Central Chargers and the Sequatchie County Indians.

1. Central fans should not think that SC did anything unsportsman like in the second half as far as the score. They ran their base offense. They never ran a trick play or pass.

2. Whoever made the comment about Central playing dirty is out of line. The officials let alot of things go on both sides. The whole crew seemed indifferent to several incidents throughout the game that involved both teams. I do not think you will see this crew anywhere doing a playoff game unless they are holding the chains.

3. Impressed how Number 44 for SC ran the football. At 5'6" 146 Lbs, proves that "it not the size of the dog in the fight but size of the fight in the dog".

4. SC has a great facility! Great for the fans. Clean and well maintained.

5. The Chargers will be back. Youth and inexperienced proved to be to much to overcome. Glad to see Calvin Walker end his career on a positive play with the kickoff return for a TD. He never really got untracked this year because of injuries.

6. I might have to go watch Sequatchie play Bledsoe in the playoffs. The rilvary is as good as it gets. Will be a great atmoshere for high school football in Pikeville next Friday.

Class act, great post

havent we lost by an average of 40 pts a game this year? we need to quit crying and get better. surely josh has a game plan to do that <_<

He hasn't had a game plan all year why do you think he would have one now? It has to be the coaching!!!! He started at Mcninn County and they are horrible also. We haven't even been competitive this year,