McMinn Central @ Sequatchie Co.

bratt22

extra motivation? what are you talking about? you talk like we're scared? i feel like ya'll are upset because last year ya'll thought we was gonna lay down to ya'll. we didnt we whooped ya'll. yes this game will be ugly but dont talk like we're coming in scared

Inidan never said that in his post. We all know how it feels to go 0-10 and 1-9. It was just a couple of years ago we was in that position. Coach B will call of the dogs early. Last year we didnt think you guys were gonna lay down. Mcminn last year was one of the best teams on our schedule and we flat out got outplayed. Best of luck.

What did the coach do? I would expect something classless out of the previous HC, but the current coach seems like a class act.

The coach said some things to Seq coaches and to his players. It was very uncalled for. I guess it was for leaving starters in. However, if you say he is a class act then it was probably something he regrets saying.

extra motivation? what are you talking about? you talk like we're scared? i feel like ya'll are upset because last year ya'll thought we was gonna lay down to ya'll. we didnt we whooped ya'll. yes this game will be ugly but dont talk like we're coming in scared

What are you talking about? MC was the better team last year, why would we think you were going to lay down for us?

What are you talking about? MC was the better team last year, why would we think you were going to lay down for us?

well i took his post as the fact that he was tryna warn us. like hey if you give them extra motivation something bad will happen so watch what you say? if he didnt mean it as that then i will send my apologize's but that rubbed me the wrong way. anyways i wish everyone an injury free game. since seq has a couple more (i assume) they need to play smart

Edited by theplaymaker

Only thing bad would be a higher margin in the points, nothing more and certainly not anybody out to injure a player. Bringing all of it up from last year could help reduce the chance of Sequatchie coming out flat-playing against a winless team with a playoff game next week (possibly even against Bledsoe) might cause some players to look ahead no matter how much the coaches stress MC is the opponent to focus on.

Did McMinn get to practice with all the storms yesterday, we sure didn't them storms were pretty intense here?

We need a good practice today to fine tune our focus for Central and let the playoff scenarios play themselves out. We need to come out like we did vs Meigs and execute well.

42-7 win. 14-0 after 1, 28-0 at the half. Sequatchie scored four minutes into the third and reserves scored with about 1:30 left in the fourth. MC returned the kick for a TD right after that to get on the board, Walker.

Sequatchie's Stewart opened the scoring in the first quarter, 93 yard TD run. Late in the first he had a 27 yard run to set up his second TD run. Second quarter, Lewis scores on a 76 yard run. Midway through the second, Stewart ran 30 yards and followed up with another short TD run. He had 188 yards in the first half and finished with 205.

Third quarter, Lewis scores from 4 yards out, 35-0. Fourth for Sequatchie, freshman Jackson Hamblen scores from the MC 22 before the kickoff return by Walker.

Sequatchie had 469 yards offense, close to 350 in the first half. 452 came on the ground with the freshmen adding some late. good to see. Stewart went over 1000, giving the team three backs this year exceeding that total. Lewis ran for 105 on six carries. Juniors Fain, Stout, freshmen Parsons, Billingsley, Hamblen each added to the total. Chargers were held to two first downs, 42 on the ground and completed one pass for 16 yards.

Cooley, Lewis had an interception each for Sequatchie, several players had tackles for loss.

Why did sequatchie go for it on 4th down, every time they had a fourth down, from 6:00 left in the third quarter all the way to the 1 minute mark in the 4th? I am absolutely astounded. Up 35-0 with 2 minutes left in the 4th, sequatchie goes for it on 4th and even uses timeouts after running the ball to give themselves more shots at scoring. Then after scoring, celebrates like they've won the super bowl. Easily the worst sportsmanship i've seen all year. Going for it on 4th and 9 up by 35...

This team will not win a game in the playoffs. Weak offense, other than spurts of long plays, which will not happen on a better team. The defense seemed to be a bit better than offense, but was helped out by a few central turnovers. Enjoy your blowout win and terrible sportsmanship, sequatchie fans, you will be on the opposite end of it next week.

Why did sequatchie go for it on 4th down, every time they had a fourth down, from 6:00 left in the third quarter all the way to the 1 minute mark in the 4th?

Going for it on 4th and 9 up by 35...

Punter is hurt, Lewis did it once and that was only his second time doing it he did it I think once last week as well probably just didn't want to risk him straining a leg or getting hit while extended. One of those was we were to to close to punt and to for away for a field goal especially when our FG kicker went out #99. #75 is good for an XP or two but not a FG of distance.

They only had it 4th down probably two or three times total when the starters were in. The last two or three drives they had it on 4th down was when the Freshmen were in.

The reason they were celebrating was because during those last two drives probably 6 to 8 of the players were Freshmen including the QB and all the running backs and wide receivers they were running in and out the other reason was it was announced that #44 Stewart had went over 1,000 yards on the season joining #2 Lewis & #29 Fain.

I think around that time they also announced that Bledsoe County was losing to CCS a Bledsoe loss would have given Sequatchie the District title.

Edited by Sequatchie
  • Upvote 1

Had sequatchie not used timeouts torwards the end of the game with the lead they already had, i would have respected that, but using timeouts made it obvious they were trying to score as much as possible. It even appeared that the sequatchie offense was trying to get a play off in the 22 seconds they had after receiving the final kickoff, but the clock was running and they couldnt. what good did it do to win by 42 instead of 35? did it improve your jv by scoring on a team that has scored maybe 4 touchdowns all year?

• Upvote 1