DB at Volunteer

dbFAN91

I got to go by before work yesterday and really miss being able to do that more often.I don't know why more parents and fans don't go and watch their teams practice.I've always done that and I guess just get into the game more then I should.We are really lucky at DB to have guys that know so much about the game teaching our kids about football and life.

I got to go by before work yesterday and really miss being able to do that more often.I don't know why more parents and fans don't go and watch their teams practice.I've always done that and I guess just get into the game more then I should.We are really lucky at DB to have guys that know so much about the game teaching our kids about football and life.

Somebody hand me a pukebag.

I know a lot of people have different reasons for not sending their kids to city schools and some of the reasons are very wrong, because i've heard some friends say these things. But, if for nothing else than to give your child the best opportunity to succeed in life with the best teachers, tools and facilities around, that has been my opinion from day one. I grew up in the Washington County school system until the 7th grade when i went to Sullivan County and then the 8th i came to the city. I can tell you, the County school systems are not even close to what we have in the city. Now this is first hand experience. Therefore, after living several years with children in the Hawkins County school district, it was a no brainer. My kids were going to the city. So, we moved back to Kingsport. One in the band and another a cheerleader, i can tell you first hand that DB is a special place to go to school and you can ask anybody associated with it. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter graduated in the top of her class at North and was a cheerleader 4 years and will be an RN in Dec from ETSU My soninlaw was #1 in the same class graduated from ETSU this fall and is in Med school at LMU

My son plays 3 sports at North is an A student was on the field every Friday night last year as a 9th grader started in baseball and dressed and played varsity basketball. He's playing all the ball he can stand, getting a great education and having the time of his life.I see no shortage of opportunity at poor old North & South. Like I said I don't dislike DB but the parents at North & South prefer another route.

I know a lot of people have different reasons for not sending their kids to city schools and some of the reasons are very wrong, because i've heard some friends say these things. But, if for nothing else than to give your child the best opportunity to succeed in life with the best teachers, tools and facilities around, that has been my opinion from day one. I grew up in the Washington County school system until the 7th grade when i went to Sullivan County and then the 8th i came to the city. I can tell you, the County school systems are not even close to what we have in the city. Now this is first hand experience. Therefore, after living several years with children in the Hawkins County school district, it was a no brainer. My kids were going to the city. So, we moved back to Kingsport. One in the band and another a cheerleader, i can tell you first hand that DB is a special place to go to school and you can ask anybody associated with it. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG… you’ve got some nerve!!! You win a few football games and now you’re the John Hopkins University of the south!! PLEASE try to get over yourself…. your Royal Heinous. :roflol: And you probably need to stop Rollin em Tribe... that wacky weed is obviously hampering your thought process. :thumb:

I watched the replay of the Hill vs DB game last night, and I have to honestly say that I have never seen a team play a more complete game as the Tribe did Friday night. As bad as it pains me to say it (out loud anyway), DB is clicking on all cylinders right now and this really could be your year… really! Coach Clark looks to be utilizing all his talent and the kids seem to be completely gelled as a TEAM. Still not sure what happened against South but it was good to get that out now because the level rises after this week. If they can keep a level head...this could be your year… dangit. :mrgreen:

Edited by Cap1

I watched the replay of the Hill vs DB game last night, and I have to honestly say that I have never seen a team play a more complete game as the Tribe did Friday night. As bad as it pains me to say it (out loud anyway), DB is clicking on all cylinders right now and this really could be your year… really! Coach Clark looks to be utilizing all his talent and the kids seem to be completely gelled as a TEAM. Still not sure what happened against South but it was good to get that out now because the level rises after this week. If they can keep a level head...this could be your year… dangit. :mrgreen:

Exactly why I would be shocked if we get beat in round 1.Well, I'll have to up that.I was shocked a couple of times before but it would be more of an electrcution this year.Meeting Maryville in the quarters and then having to beat a couple of teams like an Oakland or Symrna type in the semi's and finals is a very tall order.Right now,I'll be happy with getting past the first couple of playoff games and then getting ready for what I hope to be a special run for us.

My daughter graduated in the top of her class at North and was a cheerleader 4 years and will be an RN in Dec from ETSU My soninlaw was #1 in the same class graduated from ETSU this fall and is in Med school at LMU

My son plays 3 sports at North is an A student was on the field every Friday night last year as a 9th grader started in baseball and dressed and played varsity basketball. He's playing all the ball he can stand, getting a great education and having the time of his life.I see no shortage of opportunity at poor old North & South. Like I said I don't dislike DB but the parents at North & South prefer another route.

Congratulations to you for a job well done as a parent. Looks like your kids enjoy sports but know what's truly important, Academics. :thumb:

DB is NOT the only good school around! You can get a high quality education anywhere you choose too. They key to success is in the choosing. You can send a kid to the most expensive private school around but unless they choose to they will not achieve academic success.

As far as sports are concerned, there are OUTSTANDING players at every school even the smallest/poorest little backwoods country schools.

Wishing the Falcons luck this Friday! Hope both teams have a good showing and that there are no injuries. This isn't the NFL and sports are supposed to still be fun.