Jellico @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What hump, Cleat? Stepping up now is just gonna be a pride thing. If someone was gonna jump to the fore....they should have done so weeks ago. Sunbright was the school that stood in our way of making the play-offs, now this is just me, but I would have left everything on that field to have made that NOT happen. And over the years I have seen numerous players and teams from Oneida that had players that "stepped up" when their team needed them. As tough as it is to say, this team didn't have that. In no way am I condemming the players because they are products of our ever changing society. The results of that manifests itself on the field some years. Ask yourselves this: Are you playing on your Field of Dreams......or are we Dreaming on the Field?[/b] Great teams have a habit of making their own breaks (jarring hit, key interception), average teams hope for a break. Maybe the next team will figure that out before their season passes them by....! Oneida will beat Jellico this week.....And Ole Speller, your a complete idiot :twisted: . But you already knew that.

Kaz

What hump, Cleat? Stepping up now is just gonna be a pride thing. If someone was gonna jump to the fore....they should have done so weeks ago. Sunbright was the school that stood in our way of making the play-offs, now this is just me, but I would have left everything on that field to have made that NOT happen. And over the years I have seen numerous players and teams from Oneida that had players that "stepped up" when their team needed them. As tough as it is to say, this team didn't have that. In no way am I condemming the players because they are products of our ever changing society. The results of that manifests itself on the field some years. Ask yourselves this: Are you playing on your Field of Dreams......or are we Dreaming on the Field?[/b] Great teams have a habit of making their own breaks (jarring hit, key interception), average teams hope for a break. Maybe the next team will figure that out before their season passes them by....! Oneida will beat Jellico this week.....And Ole Speller, your a complete idiot :twisted: . But you already knew that.

Kaz

I agree kaz, the '08 team didn't wait for it to come to them they went & took it when they wanted it. The '09 team stepped up when the district play rolled around. This team worked hard & is continuing to do so. I just hope a couple of clear leaders can step up & help wake up the sleeping giant that is there. They had a couple really solid players this year that were willing & able to lead. The only problem with leading is you have to have people confident enough in themselves to follow you.

I figured, at this point, I would be saying we just have to get bigger and stronger...Crazy year. The boys pretty much played with everyone physically. I better just not say anything at all. Kaz, your gonna have a line of grandpas and mommas folowing you around!

I hope we just quitely go out-athlete Jellico and get back in the weight room. I truly feel sorry the seniors. They are a good bunch of boys, just could not pull a team together. I'm gonna get to watch a slew of great Indian teams coming up, but those boys only get 1 senior year.

kentucky south should get 4 wins. they havent beat nobdy all yr. and jello isnt any good either. these are two of worse teams ever. the winner can say they are the kentucky champs of dist 4.

There you are, you old buzzard! Worst team? Bet youv'e seen alot of lousy teams. Your team only beat us by 3 points in the last seconds of the game! Where does that put you?

Not to mention Oneida was essentially playing a JV. The Indians usually have 8 or 9 Freshmen and Sophomores on every play. All of which will be back including a tallented (but very small) senior class and another outstanding group of freshmen!

Enjoy your acorn squirell. It's gonna be a long winter coming!

Edited by SmashMouth

I am talking about the young guys. They need something to put that taste of blood back in their mouths. This team needs a leader to bridge this year to next. They do not need to go into the off season with no defined leader. So who is it going to be, who is going to demand pride, class and character out of himself and his team mates? WHO?

I am talking about the young guys. They need something to put that taste of blood back in their mouths. This team needs a leader to bridge this year to next. They do not need to go into the off season with no defined leader. So who is it going to be, who is going to demand pride, class and character out of himself and his team mates? WHO?

Injun, with all due respect, This group of sophmores didnt have leader in the eight grade. They came out every game as a team and destroyed the competition as a team. It was beautiful. If you knocked one down, there were 3 more to fill the gap. Relentless, brutal, and leathal. Almost as good as a Bruce Lee movie.

I hope we see that back in the Indians again. Were only gonna have about 5 seniors on a team of 43 boys. But, we finally get to release the Cheetah into the big show. We don't call him cheetah cause he's stripped!

Either way, Coach Brewester can yell till he is bald and we can talk it up all night...it's totally up to the boys. They can compete for a state title or go 5-5...its up to them.

Smash if you think back they had a bunch of leaders in that class, Allen, Young and Terry. All teams have leaders. Some young men are better at it than others. We have seen this year is lot of inconsistent play,moments of greatness followed by alot of what the heck. I think that good leaders cut down alot of this behavior. Don’t take this wrong, I am not trashing this group of Sr. Sometimes teams never click.

Smash if you think back they had a bunch of leaders in that class, Allen, Young and Terry. All teams have leaders. Some young men are better at it than others. We have seen this year is lot of inconsistent play,moments of greatness followed by alot of what the heck. I think that good leaders cut down alot of this behavior. Don’t take this wrong, I am not trashing this group of Sr. Sometimes teams never click.

I agree. Add Bear and even big Jesse King and Dannon West. That's a great crew. One thing to remember is how young our seniors were. They were insulated behind two large classes of great athletes.

Remember Hampton two years ago. Had 3 very good classes in a row but then a small group of seniors who had not been in the leadership role ever. Ended up 5-6. Sometimes, there just aint enough time.

It would have helped to have a large Junior class to lean on. Coalfield has a great group of Juniors. Really takes the sting out of a small Senior class.

For me, I just wanted to see more improvement, but it is what it is. I'm 100% certain every kid out there wanted to win. The boys fought hard in every game and didn't get blown up by anyone. Just some awful mistakes at worst times or just sloppy plays in general.

Oh well, it's in the books now. I'm very proud of the seniors. Takes guts to step up and represent your school on a football field. My heart goes out to them. I still remember my senior year and I was born in the last century!