Sevier County vs. Mo East

schs2011

Should be a great game on the artificial turf in Morristown.

If Sevier County downs Morristown East, Morristown West defeats Seymour and Jefferson County beats South-Doyle, then the IMAC will officially declare a three-way tie for the IMAC championship. So, if someone wants to win it out-right...gonna need some help from others. Otherwise, there could be three co-champions. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 2004 was the last time the IMAC (then the Five Rivers Conference)had more than two teams share the title.

I understand that Ricker will still be tailback for East with his hand still taped up. Thompson has been solid as QB, though.

If Sevier County downs Morristown East, Morristown West defeats Seymour and Jefferson County beats South-Doyle, then the IMAC will officially declare a three-way tie for the IMAC championship. So, if someone wants to win it out-right...gonna need some help from others. Otherwise, there could be three co-champions. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 2004 was the last time the IMAC (then the Five Rivers Conference)had more than two teams share the title.

I understand that Ricker will still be tailback for East with his hand still taped up. Thompson has been solid as QB, though.

I would say that Ricker and Thompson make a Great 1 2 Punch. If Thompson can remain calm in the pocket and while rolling out, East will have a Killer Passing/Running game. He missed 2 long passes by just a smidge or East would have had 2 LONG TD's on the board vs JCHS. Looked like he rushed the 1st one just as the receiver broke free.

SC better just not load up in the box to stop Ricker. He is a "LOAD" to bring down for sure. Not the fastest RB, but He is Big and Strong. East can use the passing game to open up the run if SC crowds the line as they will be without one of the best pass rushers in the IMAC due to shoulder injury.

I have seen both teams and unless SC has an answer for the above mentioned combo, it will be a long ride back to Sevierville Friday Night for the Bears.

Go Patriots !!!! (as we have to take of business at SD)

Peace

Edited by OHSgrad88

Nope. Sevier County will have the no. 1 spot coming out the district for playoff purposes for sure. However, it does not determine the quote/unquote "conference champion." If the three teams have the same district record when all is said and done, there will be co-champions. Only way Sevier wins it out-right is with a Jefferson County loss. This is the way the IMAC/Five Rivers has always done it, and, according to the coaches at their weekly meetings, will continue to do so. A three-way co-champion happened as recently as 2004 in district 2.

I think the key to the game will be if, Morristown East can catch the ball this

week. Droping 2 passes that could have been scores, will get you beat everytime.

When team stack the line, we have to make them pay, with our passing game.

East's must get pressure on Sevier County QB,or enought pressure were he has trouble passing.If we let him stand back their, he will pick us apart.

Both teams will be in the playoff.A win by Morristown East would give them a chance

for a home playoff game. :roflol:

Edited by EASTFAN

Although in any normal circumstance, I would root for East over Sevier, for the sake of our conference title hopes, we need a win from Sevier and a loss from West. Otherwise it's a three way tie. I think it could really be an interesting game. Although I have no personal knowledge of Ricker's injury, Thompson did just fine against us last week as did Ricker. I would guess that the backfield will be unchanged, although of course I could be wrong. I think the matchup between East and Sevier is definitely an interesting one featuring two very explosive offenses. I hate to give a score prediction because they are so often inacurate, but i would have to go with Sevier, 31-21. Nothing against East, I respect them much more than the Bears, we just could really use a Sevier win for our team.

I guess this shows why Sevier County is the number one defense in the conference. 41 plays for 42 yards. that is ridiculous. No matter what the IMAC decides to do. TSSAA states in a 3 way tie best record is Conference Champion so as the boys were saying tonight. Its great to be Repeat IMAC Champs!!

I guess this shows why Sevier County is the number one defense in the conference. 41 plays for 42 yards. that is ridiculous. No matter what the IMAC decides to do. TSSAA states in a 3 way tie best record is Conference Champion so as the boys were saying tonight. Its great to be Repeat IMAC Champs!!

CO-Champion. Overall record factors into the playoffs, not conference standings. Personally, I would like it to be decided by margin of victory, but obviously I'm biased there

JCPatroits 1987; what do you mean you respect Mo East more than Sevier Co.; i don't get what you are trying to say; or maybe you mean what you are saying; just curious

To clear something up, I'm JCPatriots1987 on a new screen name..forgot my password. What I mean is NOT that I disrespect Sevier County, or that I love East. Traditionally, we have been bitter rivals with Sevier..not in the friendly way either. Maybe respect was the wrong word to use. Maybe a better word would be sympathy. I've played against Sevier on multiple occasions, as have I with East. My sympathies lie more with East because of our rivalry with SC. No disrespect was intended against Sevier, they have a great program. Sorry to hear about Farragut. Us and DB didn't go well either. The IMAC needs to represent better next year!