District 11A

jumpman34

I watched Culleoka/Mt. Pleasant last night. Arabica you were right about the outside shooting. However, the had it from Henson. The only problem was no one else could step up. Henson had 22 and the next closest was Jackson at 9. I can't believe this group isn't better. Most of these kids played middle school ball and played for two county championships. The only had trouble with Mt. Pleasant then. I know middle school doesn't necessarily roll over into high school but they to have peaked in 8th grade.

I think you are just seeing players at Culleoka who have such inexperience---meaning most of the starters have never really played and started for Culleoka in the past because Coach Slatten only played 6-8 players during a game and I think as the season goes on hopefully they will show more consistency in how they play and score. Let's hope so anyway. Good luck to Cully tonight against the Raiders of Richland! BOYS PLAY FIRST AGAIN TONIGHT--CAN'T GET USED TO THAT:)

Edited by arabica43

I think you are just seeing players at Culleoka who have such inexperience---meaning most of the starters have never really played and started for Culleoka in the past because Coach Slatten only played 6-8 players during a game and I think as the season goes on hopefully they will show more consistency in how they play and score. Let's hope so anyway. Good luck to Cully tonight against the Raiders of Richland! BOYS PLAY FIRST AGAIN TONIGHT--CAN'T GET USED TO THAT:)

Cully came in tonight and took it to Richland. Richland couldn't buy a shot all night. Both teams threw the ball away a bunch. Richlands youth is starting to show itself. District play is more difficult than early season games. This bunch can play much better than it has shown thus far. AT Moore CO tommorrow night. GO RAIDERS!!

Stown Mtp score tonite anyone??

I found this on WDXE 106.7 radio station website just now:

In the boys' game, fans were expecting a repeat of the offensive show put on at Mt.

Pleasant, where the Eagles posted a 103-93 victory. While not as high-scoring

this time, the fans were not disappointed, as the up & down offense of both teams

kept up an unbelievable pace. The teams would swap baskets, and the lead,

several times throughout the opening minutes of the first period, but Eagles soon

took command as a Craig Allen trey, followed by steal and lay-up by Jordan Chard put

the hosts up for good 9-7 with 3:56 to play in the first. Mt. Pleasant would cut

it to 9-8 on a free throw, but would draw no closer. The Eagles closed out the

period with a 13-9 run and led 22-17 at the end of the first.

In the second period, the Tigers would keep it close, but could never re-gain the

lead, as Summertown held a narrow 31-30 lead at the intermission.

The Eagles opened the second half with a Jordan Chard trey, followed by a basket and

a steal and trey by Bubba Clifton to take a 39-31 lead with 6:35 to play in the

third and the Tigers never recovered. Summertown continued to add to their lead,

extending it to 14 (46-32) by the 4:13 mark, then to 17 in the final minute of the

period. The Eagles outscored the Tigers 24-9 in the third and led 55-39 going

into the final stanza.

Summertown would maintain a 17-19 point margin the remainder of the contest and took

the win by a final score of 74-59. The Eagles were led by Bubba Clifton with 22

points (2 treys), Jordan Chard with 16 (2 treys), Eli Matthews with 9, Jared Wright

and Blake Gray with 6 each, Craig Allen with 5 (1 trey), Nathaniel Morrison and Sam

Curtis with 3 each, followed by Neylan Franks and Zach Long with 2 each. The

Tigers were led by Toby Frierson with 14 points, Chantes Robinson with 13 and

Princeton Harlan with 10.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on WDXE 106.7 radio station website just now:

In the boys' game, fans were expecting a repeat of the offensive show put on at Mt.

Pleasant, where the Eagles posted a 103-93 victory. While not as high-scoring

this time, the fans were not disappointed, as the up & down offense of both teams

kept up an unbelievable pace. The teams would swap baskets, and the lead,

several times throughout the opening minutes of the first period, but Eagles soon

took command as a Craig Allen trey, followed by steal and lay-up by Jordan Chard put

the hosts up for good 9-7 with 3:56 to play in the first. Mt. Pleasant would cut

it to 9-8 on a free throw, but would draw no closer. The Eagles closed out the

period with a 13-9 run and led 22-17 at the end of the first.

In the second period, the Tigers would keep it close, but could never re-gain the

lead, as Summertown held a narrow 31-30 lead at the intermission.

The Eagles opened the second half with a Jordan Chard trey, followed by a basket and

a steal and trey by Bubba Clifton to take a 39-31 lead with 6:35 to play in the

third and the Tigers never recovered. Summertown continued to add to their lead,

extending it to 14 (46-32) by the 4:13 mark, then to 17 in the final minute of the

period. The Eagles outscored the Tigers 24-9 in the third and led 55-39 going

into the final stanza.

Summertown would maintain a 17-19 point margin the remainder of the contest and took

the win by a final score of 74-59. The Eagles were led by Bubba Clifton with 22

points (2 treys), Jordan Chard with 16 (2 treys), Eli Matthews with 9, Jared Wright

and Blake Gray with 6 each, Craig Allen with 5 (1 trey), Nathaniel Morrison and Sam

Curtis with 3 each, followed by Neylan Franks and Zach Long with 2 each. The

Tigers were led by Toby Frierson with 14 points, Chantes Robinson with 13 and

Princeton Harlan with 10.

Looking ahead to next few district games in the new year, this district is up for grabs. Richland has really struggled lately. Play Sante Fe, Hampshire and MTP. CA and MTP play then CA Cully. Sante vs CA Looking at recent games MTP is also struggling a bit, CA looses to Summertown: Sante FE looses 2 games over Christmas. Richland starts 4 Sophomores and play 2 more along with a Freshman. They looked bad over Christmas but these kids have the ability to get hot and beat some teams they may not be supposed to. That being they still make young mistakes. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. GO RAIDERS

Standings after 1/4/11

1. CA 4-0

2. Santa Fe 4-1

3. Mt. Pleasant 3-1

4. Culleoka 3-2

5. Richland 1-3

6. Cornersville 0-4

6. Hampshire 0-4

CA pulls early upset which could put 'em in the driver's seat for the district crown. Santa Fe is in 2nd with a battle against CA looming next week. Can one of the bottom for step up and be a spoiler?

CA pulls early upset which could put 'em in the driver's seat for the district crown. Santa Fe is in 2nd with a battle against CA looming next week. Can one of the bottom for step up and be a spoiler?

CA is 12-2. MP is 5-6. The game was played at CA. How can that be considered an upset?

Standings after 1/4/11

1. CA 4-0

2. Santa Fe 4-1

3. Mt. Pleasant 3-1

4. Culleoka 3-2

5. Richland 1-3

6. Cornersville 0-4

6. Hampshire 0-4

The CA game was probably not much of an upset. Mt Pleasant is just not playing good ball right now. Goes to show no matter how many athletes you have you still have to play together as a team. CA has size an experience and have played good all season. About the only thing they don't do is shoot the 3 ball like past CA teams have done.

It's an upset because Mt. Pleasant was an overwhelming favorite to dominate this district pre-season. Not many people thought they'd see a Mt. Pleasant loss in district. CA is a worthy opponent and deserved to win, but I'm saying in many viewers' eyes, this was an upset.

As for Upcoming Games,

Richland by 10

Mt. Pleasant by 20

CA by 15 in the first matchup with DeJarnette on the Culleoka bench.

Thursday's game

Fairview at Santa Fe

CA at Culleoka

Friday's game

Hampshire at Richland (Ricland by 15)---Richland should handle the Hawks.

Cornersville at Mt Pleasant (Mt. Pleasant by 10+)---game should not be close and I believe Mt Pleasant will be ready for the kill tonight.

Mt Pleasant by 10

CA by 10------I think Cully's post play can keep up with the Richardson twins but I just don't think Culleoka's guards can keep up with others--need to step it up as far consitency in shooting; Cully has been struggling from outside for past 3-4 games. Cully has got to have a hot night or it could be lights out early in the game. Plus CA will be fired up-- this being their first meeting against there former coach-- Coach Dejarnette.