District 11A

jumpman34

Cornersville played host to loretta saturday night and played considerable well. the dawgs had some great play from there young gaurd and their big man through about two and half or three quarters. then the big man got 4 fouls on him so he had to sit out pretty much the rest of the way. cornersville had 3 and sometimes 4 freshman on the floor during the entire game. they look very good to be such a young team. after lovett had to sit with the fouls the dawgs couldnt handle the size of loretta. it was very tight game for a while...loretta ran away in the second half and cruised to a 20-somn point win. good game cornersville and good luck tuesday at collinwood!! :thumb:

Came out to watch some basketball on a Sat night and was surprised about the game. I thought Cornersville had a Pope kid at point guard? I did not know he was out. Saw them play this summer and thought they looked good. Sat, saw kids I have never seen before. I heard all they had was freshmen and the big kid is a Jr. Just looking at them I thought Loretto was going to kill them. This was not the case, the Cornersville kids came out and jumped them. I liked the point guard for Cornersville. He was way better than I thought he would be. Those freshmen are really scrappy. But this also was there down fall. They got into foul trouble and without a bench this changed the game to Loretto's favor. It was a 2 point game late in the 3rd when Cornersville had 2 big kids foul out. Loretto did what they needed and took advantage of, I assume 5 freshmen on the floor and put the game out of reach. Loretto is alot better than last year but not world beaters and Cornersville is super young but definitely not a pushover as long as they can keep kids in the game. Not the game I expected but it was fun to watch! Good luck to both teams this year!

Came out to watch some basketball on a Sat night and was surprised about the game. I thought Cornersville had a Pope kid at point guard? I did not know he was out. Saw them play this summer and thought they looked good. Sat, saw kids I have never seen before. I heard all they had was freshmen and the big kid is a Jr. Just looking at them I thought Loretto was going to kill them. This was not the case, the Cornersville kids came out and jumped them. I liked the point guard for Cornersville. He was way better than I thought he would be. Those freshmen are really scrappy. But this also was there down fall. They got into foul trouble and without a bench this changed the game to Loretto's favor. It was a 2 point game late in the 3rd when Cornersville had 2 big kids foul out. Loretto did what they needed and took advantage of, I assume 5 freshmen on the floor and put the game out of reach. Loretto is alot better than last year but not world beaters and Cornersville is super young but definitely not a pushover as long as they can keep kids in the game. Not the game I expected but it was fun to watch! Good luck to both teams this year!

Pope tore his acl the second week of football season.

As for basketball, 11A is struggling. Not many victories early in the year. Great insight yoyo01 on the Cornersville/Loretto game. Any thoughts on tonights games?

Santa Fe @ Community

Hampshire @ East Hickman

Looks like district 11 is down. Richland looses at Cascade 67 -58. Cully looses at home to Huntland. Unionville beats Hampshire, As for predictions CA and MTP battle for first. Everyone else battling for the leftovers.

Games on tap:

Culleoka goes to Watertown

Hampshire plays either Collinwood or Frank Hughes

Cornersville plays Loretto

Richland is headed to Spring Hill

Mt. Pleasant gets Summertown

Then:

CA plays Summertown

Santa Fe gets Webb School

Culleoka plays Riverside Christian

A few regional matchups and a couple of at area games. All building up to district play next week.

Any thoughts?