Fairview Yellow Jackets

YellowJacket55

playoffs  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How far will the Yellow Jackets go in the playoffs?

• 1st Round
    • 2nd Round
    • 3rd or 4th rounds?
    • State Championship Game

What do you think about the yellow jackets "surprise" season so far?

Not sure you could call it a surprise. No fault of their own the teams they are playings this year are so weak compared to last year, its hard to get a handle on Fairview this year. I don't believe they are as good as last years team. I was scanning some of the records the past 2 years and it kind of puts a light on why its hard to figure how good Fairview is this year.Last years team play against teams that were 58-49 at the end of the season. The district record was 39-39. This years district record so far is 23-37 with final week coming..so it will be a split on wins on loss beings they all are playing each other. I noticed alot of flags and interception, which last year didn't see as much.Just a quick glance comparing some teams from last year to this year: East Robertson 09..9-3 10..0-9

Creekwood ..9-2 3-6

Harpeth 6-6 2-7

Springhill 8-3 2-6

Giles 14-1 6-2

Page 7-5 5-4

That being said Fairview is this Districts best hope to make a run in the playoffs, then Giles. I never seen a district drop so much in 1 year across the board. Only real improvement has been Marshall. Otherwise they have dropped or stay same. I hope Fairview does well in the playoffs...and Giles can make some noise..this district needs it!

I would say it is the best balanced Fairview team I have seen ever.....they have a chance to cause some damage in the playoffs....I only wish Camden was in their bracket.

They are learning more and more about "winning" every week.

Being from Smith County I don't have the opportunity to see Fairview play, but I do know that you folks play good football. If the distance between schools were not so far, I would love to see you and SC play due to your good program.

I have been very impressed with Fvhs this year. There team speed at the skill positions is the best I have seen in a long time. The concern I have for the long haul of the playoffs is the lack of a consistent running game. The opening game loss of their big back could be a factor in the playoffs. To overcome this fvhs will need to eliminate their turnovers, interceptions have increased down the stretch. The coaching staff has done a very good job this year of identifying their opponents weaknesses and creating a game plan to exploit them. Fvhs should get to the second round and hopefully set up a quad showdown with Camden. I am a jacket fan who hopes they do well in the playoffs.

We only had five penalties friday night.

and, i didnt do awful. decent snaps until around the fourth quarter then i had two bad ones in a row and got taken out.

The time for thoughts is over it is time to play some serious football. This jacket team has a great opportunity to advance in the playoffs. I am not sure your teammates know how good you can be. When or if this team is ever pressed I believe you will respond and reach a level of play not seen in Fairview in a long long time. Good luck to you and your team jacket55. You have a lot to be proud of.