Wilson Central @ Portland

fbfan1976

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a real good one, but Aric in his infinite wisdom let him go! Could not figure out why he did that.

Also, for 1st year Coach Dedman has done a good job taking over a tough situation.

It was because he was trying to get a HC slot in Rutherford County and thought the WingT was keeping him from getting it. That is why the assistant was let go. That is why he bought that 'expensive playbook' he could not run either!

yeah, LOD, wonder where that Tony Franklin playbook is now?

Poirtland folk, do your homework. Aric is a decent assistant coach but he can only succeed as a head coach if he ISN'T calling the plays and inherits a talented team when he comes in. He has not been successful at rebuilding teams. Check with Beech and Wilson Central.

Congrats Portland Panthers. A special congrats to a good coach, Coach Aric.

A lot of parents from Wilson Central love to get on here and bash Coach Aric! Well its more like "3 idiots!" But I was near the field after the game and many of Central's players and parents were hugging him. The man must of done something right while he was at Central! Get off of Coach Aric and support Coach Dedman and his staff.

Edited by CUDAWG

A lot of parents from Wilson Central love to get on here and bash Coach Aric! Well its more like "3 idiots!" But I was near the field after the game and many of Central's players and parents were hugging him. The man must of done something right while he was at Central! Get off of Coach Aric and support Coach Dedman and his staff.

You have got to be related (LOL). Seems like the new coach has OK support.

go Bucs (two-peat)

RapidJohn, Lost Old Dad, GladeMom, isn't it about time you stopped the incessant Aric-bashing? It is absolutely pathetic at this point for grown ups to continue with this. Of course he made mistakes as Head Coach, what Head Coach doesn't? And the GOD OF FOOTBALL who was his assistant coach that he let go of a couple of years ago... how good was his team this year? 1-9. With the way ya'll talk you would think that the G. O. F. could make any team a winner. The simple fact is that the WC football teams of the last 2 years had zero speed. We had a bunch of LB/FB type kids and some big guys, but no burners. When the G. O. F. was here there were multiple burners (Majors, Hardy, Shannon, Raines, Brooks, etc.) It is truly that simple. So unless Coach Aric ran over your dog, multiple times, please move on and try and forget about it, because ya'll have proven that you will not forgive him for having the audacity as a Head Coach to pick his assistants and the offensive system he wanted to run. And RapidJohn, the man hasn't coached at Beech since the Fall of '04, and you have won a state title and two district titles since then. That makes your Aric-bashing truly pathetic.

RapidJohn, Lost Old Dad, GladeMom, isn't it about time you stopped the incessant Aric-bashing? It is absolutely pathetic at this point for grown ups to continue with this. Of course he made mistakes as Head Coach, what Head Coach doesn't? And the GOD OF FOOTBALL who was his assistant coach that he let go of a couple of years ago... how good was his team this year? 1-9. With the way ya'll talk you would think that the G. O. F. could make any team a winner. The simple fact is that the WC football teams of the last 2 years had zero speed. We had a bunch of LB/FB type kids and some big guys, but no burners. When the G. O. F. was here there were multiple burners (Majors, Hardy, Shannon, Raines, Brooks, etc.) It is truly that simple. So unless Coach Aric ran over your dog, multiple times, please move on and try and forget about it, because ya'll have proven that you will not forgive him for having the audacity as a Head Coach to pick his assistants and the offensive system he wanted to run. And RapidJohn, the man hasn't coached at Beech since the Fall of '04, and you have won a state title and two district titles since then. That makes your Aric-bashing truly pathetic.

I could care less about Coach Aric one way or the other. All I did was answer GladeMom's question truthfully. It the truth hurts, I'm sorry but I will not lie just to save someones feelings.

I also agree the 'assistant' coached on a team that did NOT do well this year, but that is more the fault of the HC that came from R'dale. I did NOT think much of him as a DC at R'dale and think LESS of him as a HC. Good nice man, but 'nice' does not pay the bills or win games.

As to whether Coach Aric applies and/or gets the HC job in the future I can only wish him the best as he is a good, nice man. I personally don't think he is a good HC, but that is just my opinion and I am NOT doing the hiring. Nothing on here has anything to do with who gets and who does not get hired because if it does the person doing the hiring is an idiot!