District 12A

waynecofreak

More truth...

Eagles got down early, 11-0 or 13-0, and never got it going. 41-18 at half.

Eagles played with 5 guards most of 2nd half and it was obvious the goal was to get back in the game with the 3 (shoot it if you're open let's see what happens).

Nobody got hot, or even warm, for Summertown. Shot around 7 of 40 (3's) for the entire game.

Assuming no offensive rebounds, that's 40 possessions producing only 21 points. Not going to beat alot of teams like that, especially a solid WC team that played and shot very well.

This is pretty much a re-cap of the whole game. #12 would get the ball down the court and pass to whom ever was the closest at the top of key, (usually #20)(3 of 28). That player would shoot immediately and miss. No one would be in a position to rebound. WC got the rebound and beat us down the court for an easy 2. It was ugly. Ive never seen Stown play more unlike a team in my whole life. Having given my opinion, here are the box scores:

SUMMERTOWN

Allen 7 (1)

Chard 12 (3)

Clifton 17 (1)

Curtis 2

Gray 4 (1)

Matthews 7 (1)

WC

Beckham 24 (4)

Bevis 2

C. Brantley 1

M. Brantley 19

Edwards 7 (1)

Mathis 16 (3)

Melson 6

Rice 13 (2)

Young 2

DDIISSGGUUSSTTIINNGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put it behind us and move on. This is what I call a dinosuar egg being laid by one of the better teams in teh state. Tthis doesn't usually happen with Summertown and in 20 years have never seen them get beat like this. i think it is safe to say this was an aberition.

I know Summertown beat CA bad the last time, but the first time, CA beat them up pretty good in the first half, only to see their lead slip away. A couple of kids made some bad turnovers and it was lights out. These losses were a long time ago, and things have apparently changed.

Looks like CA and Wayne County are going to be the teams to beat in this region. Summertown has gone down the crapper and and Perry County can't even beat them. CA seems to be very consistant and are still ranked very highly in the AP polls, as they should be. They seem to be peaking at the right time. Look out Wayne County and Rice boys, the CA Bulldogs have you in their sights.

I know Summertown beat CA bad the last time, but the first time, CA beat them up pretty good in the first half, only to see their lead slip away. A couple of kids made some bad turnovers and it was lights out. These losses were a long time ago, and things have apparently changed.

Looks like CA and Wayne County are going to be the teams to beat in this region. Summertown has gone down the crapper and and Perry County can't even beat them. CA seems to be very consistant and are still ranked very highly in the AP polls, as they should be. They seem to be peaking at the right time. Look out Wayne County and Rice boys, the CA Bulldogs have you in their sights.

Are you serious? How does having one bad game constitute "going down the crapper"? Yes, Perry Co. had a bad game against Summertown and Summertown had a terrible game against Wayne Co., but that dosen't mean that they're no longer the best two teams in 6A. How does losing to Wanye Co. make CA a better team tham Summertown when CA has already lost to Summertown twice? Wayne Co. had a heck of a game, but i'm still predicting Perry Co. and Summertown to move on to Sub-State.

and and and i aint got no brain

After reading these posts for more than two weeks, it befuddles me that perry county considers themselves one of the best teams to challenge for the state title this year. There are players on three teams in district 12a with substate experience, and none of them are perry county players. These guys have much to prove to themselves and their fans before they can challenge for a shot at the state tourney. Getting into a region 6A tourney final would be a major step this year, something that hasn't happened in a while for this program.

After seeing the results of last night's game in wayne county, it looks like this district is up for grabs, not to mention what mt. pleasant and columbia academy will have to contribute come region tourney time in mt. pleasant. One game at a time for each of these teams in this region. Looks like the vikings have everything going their way with a district title on the line at their place come tuesday night against their nemesis. Lot of anxious people on the home side of the gym in Linden.

Sounds like Stown played at their worst last night, Well this really mixes things up in the district, PC is still on top but has to play WC tuesday, that will be a big game if PC win they take the district for a second year. Should be a great tourney this year, cant wait!! Glad its at PC

This game was completely opposite of the game at S'town. At S'town the Eagles were near perfect and WC could not get anything to fall. Last night S'town could not get anything to fall and WC hit everything. It will be interesting the next time these 2 teams play.

P.S. Someone stated after the first game that T. Rice would not be a 34 point difference. Does this mean that he is a 75 point swing man?

Two words---

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We beat you twice by DOUBLE DIGITS, end of story. You do not have what it takes to move beyond the semifinals at regions. You also have no business being ranked ahead of a team that has beaten you by DOUBLE DIGITS twice alreasy.