District 12A

waynecofreak

View Postbasketballcoach, on 26 January 2011 - 07:46 PM, said:

Exactly how many State Championships has anyone won in the last 13 years I'm sure PC has a few more than you...Now regarding Perry County they are obviously not playing very good basketball. Are they winning yes are they getting better NO. In order to win deep in the Tournaments you have to stop the basketball on penetration and you have to dictate the style of play you wish to play not what the other team wants to play (see Summertown). Right now Perry County does neither. Do they have potential yes however they are not playing to their strengths and this allows teams that may not be as talented to win or play them close. A team that allows weaker teams to hang around will almost always underachieve in the tournaments. As we all know the only thing that matters is "are we improving every night" and "how deep you get in the tournament" and what doesn't matter is polls. Sorry for being long winded but this love affair with Perry County and how "Great" they are is really annoying to me. Beating bad teams does not make you great.

Greatest post in 20 pages..hit the nail on the head. PC not very good right now, but coach K might just have something up that long sleeve of his for the tournaments.

I agree good post bbcoach. I think PC doesn't use the high post enough, and they don't seem to be playing as a team right now. But like swoosh said coach K may bring it all together for tourny time.

Perry County lays a goose egg tonight, they have to get things going quick!! They just got outplayed tonight, missing about 15 3's and making stupid turnovers is not gonna get alot done!!

Perry co. basketball has officially hit rock bottom. No emotion, no effort, no defense coupled with no offense. This group of guys have never been losers, but a couple more games like this might just place that label on them. Such a shame, that one of the greatest group of PC athletes and hard-nosed individual have decided to lay down and try to turn it on only when they feel like it. Coach K has to get some form of defensive scheme, because right now, we are terrible defensively and that wont win in the tournament.

WAKE UP GUYS...YOUR'RE PLAYING, NOT FOR YOURSELVES, BUT FOR THE TRADITION OF PC BASKETBALL AND THE FANS THAT SUPPORT YOU.

Vikings rebound from lasts nights loss to Riverside by scrapping a 3 point win over Loretto to stay #1 in the District. Viking travel to Lewis County tomorrow night to try and get a little revenge from the previous loss when the football season wasn't over yet.

Watched the livestream. Didn't think they were gonna pull that one out...

• Upvote 1

PC travels a long way and gets a good win in the district. I believe the loss to Riverside was blown way out of proportion, but winning against Lorretto doesn't prove that, but I think they will be just fine, and should still be the favorite, with the district in their building.

Apparently playing at home is no big deal. They are going to have to play better if they want a chance at state.

• Upvote 1

So, PC plays Clifton and wins by 20---summertown plays them and beats them by 47-----WOW!!!!!!!!! That makes 3 40+ pt games in a row for summertown----2 wins and a terrible loss. Can anyone figure out what the deal was in Waynesboro Tuesday night? Like I said before, I think it was an abberition and not the real deal. I do believe Summertown wins out the regular season and I think maybe we have a 3 way tie for first between Stown, PC, and WC----who knows anything about the tie breaks and coin flips in that scenario? It has happened that way before, I just dont remember how it all works to determine seeding in districts.

Perry Co had a 4 point win over Lewis Co. Big game against Wayne Co Tuesday, maybe they will come out and play like I know they can

No chance..Pc is done. They will advance to the Region and get beat by double digits in the opening round. 5 straight horrific performances against sub par teams. Offense is struggling in the half court; need to run the ball more to get others involved in the offense (one man cant carry them),defensive effort is there but no consistent technique(coach has to get this corrected quickly). Right now WC has the defensive technique, and the shooters to go with it. PC will have to play over their heads to win Tues.

Well i've never got on here and just really put exactly what I thought but with the District on the line maybe, I should just go ahead and RAGE a little bit. What has happened to the PC team I used to love to watch play this amazing game? It seems like almost everybody doesn't care anymore. Garrett Hill seems to be the only player that goes out and gives 110% every game, and tries to make sensable decisions every trip down the floor. Taylor Dill seems like the next in line when it comes to effort, he plays good defense and handles the ball really well for the team. But whats up with driving the lane and taking a fade away 8 footer with 2-3 people on you? If your going to drive the lane and take that shot at least try to draw some contact where they might call a foul or something. Dray Mercer its my next on my list, I feel like he wants to win but doesn't do what is nessecary to achieve that. You are hands down the fastest player in the District if not the State, when you get the ball just freaking go by whoever is guarding you, 1 of 4 things will happen 1 the kid you just beat of the dribble will foul you, 2 the post defender will slide up to stop the drive in which case you dump the ball for an easy lay-up, 3 a guards defender will help of which will open up what they call a penetrate and kick, and 4 no one helps of and you get that easy lay-up that you hit probably 85% of the time. Now to Jacob Tucker probably one of the most mental players on the team with alot of athletic ability to go along with it. It seems like there is an extreme lack of effort from you, or your just trying to show off for the crowd. Now to Cannon Rhodes, Yes you are obviously the best shooter on the team, but No your not Kobe Byrant there is no need to come off 3 screens set for you just to take a fade away three with 4 defenders all right in your face. Even when you do have an open shot it seems you have a natural tendency to fade away, stand up straight when you take an open shot and you won't be bricking off the front of the rim and air balling. Finally to Matt Gilboy, you do a pretty good job defensivly, but whats with when you catch the ball down low you always have to shot fake and hop. I don't know whether your trying to fake out the defender, or draw the foul, or if you just feel that you need that hop to finish. But if you would just catch the ball and go up with some force you probably going to make that shot and still draw the foul from the defender without having a walk called on you 4 times again. Now lets talk about defense a little, and I don't know how it is now but back when I was in High School we were taught to keep our hands up while we played defense, for the simple reasons that it will slightly obscure the view of the player with the ball from the rest of the court and it also minimizes the passing lanes.

Tuesday night you have Wayne Co at home, and I know that their is a huge rivalry there and that you want to win bad. There is also District Champions on the line. So how about yall come out and play ball the way I have seen and know you can play.

Im sorry if I might have pissed some players or parents off but there is no need to sugar coat what needs to be said. And I felt that it definantly needed to be said. :thumb:

Edited by akaGlazed