12. Collinwood
  13. Cloudland
  14. Columbia Academy
  15. South Fulton
  16. Eagleville
  17. Harriman
  18. Clarksville Academy
  19. Huntingdon

This leaves five open slots, currently to be filled by Union City, Moore County, Middle Tennessee Christian, Cornersville, and Monterey. (Union City moved in last night with their win.) Monterey's figures are four wins and tiebreaks (first three categories) of 5-0-50, so that's what teams will need to reach to come in from outside. Chasers are Clay County, Hollow Rock-Bruceton, and Gleason, who can reach five wins, along with Huntland, Grace Christian, and West Carroll, who are aiming for four wins and could reach a first tiebreaker of 6 or more.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things:

1. If Union City is in, why didn't you just put them on your calculated list of people in.

2. If Eagleville is in (5-4), then I do not see why MTCS wouldn't be in according to your calculations (5-4). Especially since they have yet to play each other. I do not think either team has clinched, but just wondering why you think Eagleville has.

2 things:

1. If Union City is in, why didn't you just put them on your calculated list of people in.

2. If Eagleville is in (5-4), then I do not see why MTCS wouldn't be in according to your calculations (5-4). Especially since they have yet to play each other. I do not think either team has clinched, but just wondering why you think Eagleville has.

1. Union City is within the current top 24, but the top list is only of those who have clinched (Union City was 26th before their win). The Tornadoes can still be caught by enough teams to knock them out.

2. Eagleville already has seven .500+ opponents, while MTC has only five (and a potential sixth in Ezell-Harding). Since Clay County (lead of the chase pack) has six, MTCS can be pipped on tiebreaks while Eagleville cannot.

I don't know if I quite follow you silverpie but I think we're on the same page. Here's how I see it...5 wins and you're in (except for Huntingdon who is guaranteed to finish 2nd in their district with 4 wins).

So if I'm correct in that 5 wins gets you in...

There are currently 21 teams with 5 wins plus Huntingdon with 4. That means 22 teams would be qualified right now. There are 5 teams sitting at 4 wins heading into tonight. If all 5 teams win tonight then my logic of 5 wins wouldn't work (i.e 27 teams would have 5 wins and only 24 qualify). However, I'm predicting 4 of the 5 teams will lose tonight:

* Cornersville loses to Perry County (that's a lock)

* Monterey loses to Friendship Christian (that's a lock)

* Gleason loses to Dresden (that's a lock)

* Clay County loses to Oliver Springs (should happen but not 100% certain)

* Bruceton beats West Carrol (again should happen but not 100% certain).

That would mean that there's only one playoff spot left. If Clay Co. wins they would get it but if they lose like I'm predicting then Cornersville would get in with 4 wins. Cornersville wins the tiebreaker over all the 4 win teams because they have played the toughest schedule. If Bruceton slips up then Monterey would slide in along with Cornersville. Clear as mud???

I don't know if I quite follow you silverpie but I think we're on the same page. Here's how I see it...5 wins and you're in (except for Huntingdon who is guaranteed to finish 2nd in their district with 4 wins).

So if I'm correct in that 5 wins gets you in...

There are currently 21 teams with 5 wins plus Huntingdon with 4. That means 22 teams would be qualified right now. There are 5 teams sitting at 4 wins heading into tonight. If all 5 teams win tonight then my logic of 5 wins wouldn't work (i.e 27 teams would have 5 wins and only 24 qualify). However, I'm predicting 4 of the 5 teams will lose tonight:

* Cornersville loses to Perry County (that's a lock)

* Monterey loses to Friendship Christian (that's a lock)

* Gleason loses to Dresden (that's a lock)

* Clay County loses to Oliver Springs (should happen but not 100% certain)

* Bruceton beats West Carrol (again should happen but not 100% certain).

That would mean that there's only one playoff spot left. If Clay Co. wins they would get it but if they lose like I'm predicting then Cornersville would get in with 4 wins. Cornersville wins the tiebreaker over all the 4 win teams because they have played the toughest schedule. If Bruceton slips up then Monterey would slide in along with Cornersville. Clear as mud???

Point is, you're predicting. I'm not. I'm just saying what is theoretically possible; you may draw your own conclusions about what is likely.

Point is, you're predicting. I'm not. I'm just saying what is theoretically possible; you may draw your own conclusions about what is likely.

Yes, I said I'm predicting. I wasn't trying to dispute what you were saying. Do you agree with my logic of 5 wins and you're in based on the matchups of the remaining teams?

UC was ranked right behind Hollow-Rock Bruceton going into last night. It seems that for U.C. to get in, they had to in last night which they did and Bruceton has to lose tonight. It would still require Monterey to lose to FC which is likely for Bruceton or U.C. to get in. If Clay County were to lose to Oliver Springs, it may open things up enough for UC to get that last spot. However, other teams are higher up on that list and even ranked higher than some automatic bid teams so only that Commodore 64 the TSSAA is using will know for sure. I just hope it doesn't melt down around midnight.

Edited by rlh

I say teams that are under .500 should not be in the playoffs....Look the main teams are already set...just have to wait and see who is playing who

I have always thought teams should have a winning record to get into the playoffs with the exception of a District/Region champ in the rare case that occurred. With the current system, I think only 16 teams should get in.

Edited by rlh

I have always thought teams should have a winning record to get into the playoffs with the exception of a District/Region champ in the rare case that occurred. With the current system, I think only 16 teams should get in.

Probably should. Union City and Huntingdon better change their schedules though. Most of their losses come to 2A, 3A, and 4A teams.