6A playoff brackets

my2cents

The only reason you think they are the top 2 or 3 is, because it is all you see. One beats the other in any given year and yall rank them accordingly. The same teams, only the numbers change, but remember this: WHITESTATION is the defending champion from.........the .....WEST! :roflolk: That is what I think of the middle TN ranking, that is really what it is...A MIDDLE TN RANKING. :roflol:

By the way, why would a west TN football coach of a 6A playoff team laugh at Coach McDaniel when he called to try to schedule a game for next year? Maybe you should have your coach call Coach McDaniel at Oakland for a regular season game!

Or Riverdale,Blackman and Smyrna! Have your choice of the four!

Edited by Frags

Or Riverdale,Blackman and Smyrna! Have your choice of the four!

right, my point was that Tommy called one school and got laughed at. This school is in the playoffs too, so its not like they are a weaker Memphis team. Actually, I challenge the 8 Memphis playoff teams to each schedule 1 team from Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, and Smyrna...heck I'll even toss Siegel to them as well for the next 2 seasons.

It really doesn't matter who is in quad #2 or #3. Either Maryville or DB will win it all.

well thanks for telling us this truth!

so now we don't have to spend the money, time, and practice to get ready to play...we can just cancel all the other games and show up at cookville next week to watch maryville and DB play for the title!

you are such a blessing to the rest of the 30 teams in the state!

again...thanks so much!

well thanks for telling us this truth!

so now we don't have to spend the money, time, and practice to get ready to play...we can just cancel all the other games and show up at cookville next week to watch maryville and DB play for the title!

you are such a blessing to the rest of the 30 teams in the state!

again...thanks so much!

95% of the time when you see an arrogant comment like the one from sports19 it is a poster from another school ..... this guy is a Farragut fan . No one from Maryville or DB thinks they've got it easy .... believe me , no one .

you are tripping and hating! no one said anything about whitestation and their very good program or their state title last year...they deserve everything they get!

we ain't the ones ranking ourselves in the state...it's AP folks from all over the state!

and we ain't the ones ranking oakland, smyrna blackman and riverdale nationally...as of last week...oakland # 48...smyrna # 71...blackman # 95...riverdale # 240...it's unapproved website...one of the most respected high school sports organizations in the country...

my only point was...there is something wrong when 6 of top 10 ranked teams in the state are in the same 8 team brackett and 3 of top 100 teams in the nation are in the same 8 team quad...

if you can't see that there is something wrong with this system...there is something seriously wrong...

and if there is anything funny...it's your post! :roflol:

You are a funny guy. Most of the Ap votes are where? Do all these people see every team play? For that matter do they even see the teams they put in the top10 play? Rankings are a joke. I don't know about this "unnamed" website, but most of this is done by hype (recruits and history). The point being NONE, NONE...I say again NONE of this is anything more than opinion. More like a popularity contest, and since the majority of the population lives in the middle...there you go. Why do you think the middle has more state titles, I mean 2x as many teams, 2 quads...common on. I see nothing factual, just a bunch of subjective greatness, if not for one then for another...and it just goes on, on, you know it. And yeah it is funny :roflol:

Edited by onefortheteam

In any tournament you SEED to give the better teams the higher chance of advancing. This is not the case for TSSAA, so they should not use the word Seed, because they seed SECOND, and not FIRST. Would you argue that Boise deserves to be in the BCS championship game if it happened today? I would. And, please look at the map and tell me how Lincoln Co belongs in quad 2 but Oakland or Blackman do not? I'll be waiting your reply.

yes Boise does. The middle is not Boise, they are Notre Dame. They are ranked and crowned every year. All they have to do is win 7-8 games against the same teams they play every year, and "POOF" they are state Champ contenders. The map, blah, blah. Who knows how these teams would fair in the West or the East. Why should you break up their Quad? Because "you" think the teams in it are better than eveyone else. Whether they are or they are not, there is no way to know, but it is a pretty arrogant assumption....especailly since the last title went to another Quad and they never were given a chance to win that game. All the middle, throwing out the greatness and invincibility of their Quads. Whatever...logic..will not work with people star struck by their neighborhood teams.

By the way, why would a west TN football coach of a 6A playoff team laugh at Coach McDaniel when he called to try to schedule a game for next year? Maybe you should have your coach call Coach McDaniel at Oakland for a regular season game!

To suggest the west is scared to play your teams is insulting. Based on your lack of a "name", we have no idea why they would laugh, unless of course they thought they would win. Also, to say, "and they're in the playoffs too!", so what does that mean? Is this supposed to mean that one of the top teams are scared or that it was a team who barely made it? The facts are the middle has the $$$ to go anywhere. I say fire up those BMWs and lets do it. You can't tell me, they can't make one game in the west if they really wanted it. OR maybe your right, all of West TN is scared to play yall, we'll probably just forfeit to your greatness. The suggestion is funny though...I mean with Whitestation polishing that trophy and all. :rolleyes:

Edited by onefortheteam