6A playoff brackets

my2cents

if this stays the way it is...QUAT 2 IS A MONSTER...6 teams in that quat have been ranked in the state's top 10 this year...smyrna, oakland, blackman are all top 5 teams and 3 top 100 teams in nation by unapproved website and then are put in the same 8 man bracket??? THAT SEEMS CRAZY TO ME! ...

then you have smyrna playing brentwood in the first round??? i know...i know...that is the way it worked out record wise...but my goodness...for brentwood to be the 8th seed in a bracket (a team that lost to oakland in last 20 sec...and to smyrna by 2 points) ...this is a crazy monster tough bracket!

riverdale goes to semi-finals before they get tested if this stays the same! I'm glad for them and it's no fault of their own...but is that the reward you get for going 9-1 vs 7-3!

hopefully the TSSAA will do the right thing and split the BIG 4 up to go 2 west and 2 east...there are only .5 miles seperating whether a team goes east or west...

if this stays the way it is...QUAT 2 IS A MONSTER...6 teams in that quat have been ranked in the state's top 10 this year...smyrna, oakland, blackman are all top 5 teams and 3 top 100 teams in nation by unapproved website and then are put in the same 8 man bracket??? THAT SEEMS CRAZY TO ME! ...

then you have smyrna playing brentwood in the first round??? i know...i know...that is the way it worked out record wise...but my goodness...for brentwood to be the 8th seed in a bracket (a team that lost to oakland in last 20 sec...and to smyrna by 2 points) ...this is a crazy monster tough bracket!

riverdale goes to semi-finals before they get tested if this stays the same! I'm glad for them and it's no fault of their own...but is that the reward you get for going 9-1 vs 7-3!

hopefully the TSSAA will do the right thing and split the BIG 4 up to go 2 west and 2 east...there are only .5 miles seperating whether a team goes east or west...

What is crazy is we hear this every year. Why do we have to play each other? Whining. The rankings are bias to the middle 2 quads. All the of them: preseason, power and the AP rankings are jokes. Then based on this, you complain, it is subjective, you DO know this... right??? Everyone else plays in their Quad..but you want your teams split up so you have a even BETTER chance than 2 out of 4. Common on man....

Edited by onefortheteam

What is crazy is we hear this every year. Why do we have to play each other? Whining. The rankings are bias to the middle 2 quads. All the of them: preseason, power and the AP rankings are jokes. Then based on this, you complain, it is subjective, you DO know this... right??? Everyone else plays in their Quad..but you want your teams split up so you have a even BETTER chance than 2 out of 4. Common on man....

So does that mean that if this is truly how it shakes down that three to four possibile state championship caliber teams will not be eliminating each other. Call it what you want, but it is reality. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad

So does that mean that if this is truly how it shakes down that three to four possibile state championship caliber teams will not be eliminating each other. Call it what you want, but it is reality. :popcorneater:

The only reason you think they are the top 2 or 3 is, because it is all you see. One beats the other in any given year and yall rank them accordingly. The same teams, only the numbers change, but remember this: WHITESTATION is the defending champion from.........the .....WEST! :roflolk: That is what I think of the middle TN ranking, that is really what it is...A MIDDLE TN RANKING. :roflol:

Edited by onefortheteam

The only reason you think they are the top 2 or 3 is, because it is all you see. One beats the other in any given year and yall rank them accordingly. The same teams, only the numbers change, but remember this: WHITESTATION is the defending champion from.........the .....WEST! :roflolk: That is what I think of the middle TN ranking, that is really what it is...A MIDDLE TN RANKING. :roflol:

It may be all we see here but you can't deny the region is strong every year. 3 of the last 4 champions came from Rutherford county and if I'm correct none of those games were even close. Thats not the point though. Why should Smyrna have to play a Brentwood team that won their region and may end up being the 8th seed because they scheduled Smyrna,Oakland,and Blackman out of region? That's not fair to either team in my opinion.

It may be all we see here but you can't deny the region is strong every year. 3 of the last 4 champions came from Rutherford county and if I'm correct none of those games were even close. Thats not the point though. Why should Smyrna have to play a Brentwood team that won their region and may end up being the 8th seed because they scheduled Smyrna,Oakland,and Blackman out of region? That's not fair to either team in my opinion.

No it is not. We should put in the teams everyone likes the most in the playoffs and skip the whole regular season.

No one made them schedule that way, it is stupid...period! Schedule 1 maybe 2 good out of district opponents, but every game? You should not advance teams in the power ranking for losing games, I mean common on, man.

In any tournament you SEED to give the better teams the higher chance of advancing. This is not the case for TSSAA, so they should not use the word Seed, because they seed SECOND, and not FIRST. Would you argue that Boise deserves to be in the BCS championship game if it happened today? I would. And, please look at the map and tell me how Lincoln Co belongs in quad 2 but Oakland or Blackman do not? I'll be waiting your reply.

let me just say that mr kreager predicted it right

Yes, he did. Predicting this, based on what TSSAA had projected in the past, not what the TSSAA SHOULD do based on their rules. Big difference....and Tom and I are friends, so that is no disrespect to him.

Edited by randymc

you are tripping and hating! no one said anything about whitestation and their very good program or their state title last year...they deserve everything they get!

we ain't the ones ranking ourselves in the state...it's AP folks from all over the state!

and we ain't the ones ranking oakland, smyrna blackman and riverdale nationally...as of last week...oakland # 48...smyrna # 71...blackman # 95...riverdale # 240...it's unapproved website...one of the most respected high school sports organizations in the country...

my only point was...there is something wrong when 6 of top 10 ranked teams in the state are in the same 8 team brackett and 3 of top 100 teams in the nation are in the same 8 team quad...

if you can't see that there is something wrong with this system...there is something seriously wrong...

and if there is anything funny...it's your post! :roflol:

By the way, why would a west TN football coach of a 6A playoff team laugh at Coach McDaniel when he called to try to schedule a game for next year? Maybe you should have your coach call Coach McDaniel at Oakland for a regular season game!

Edited by randymc