Official 6A Playoff Bracket

randymc

I wish they would forget about travel and rank all the teams 1-32 and your bracket is set, then let the chips fall where they may! After all it is a STATE Championship and they just might be surprised at the $$$ made when it is a legit tournament! The T$$AA needs to learn the 'ol KISS rule...Keep It Simple Stupid!

I put together a bracket on this (seeded them in groups of 4, like NCAA basketball tourney) then placed them geographically, shifting a few seeds, check out the post "6AAA playoffs if RandyMc was in charge" It's a better tournament.

Though I agree, if your look at geographically it makes sense. The only stretch was bringing Oakridge to the middle east and sending Dickson County to middle west. We all knew this was coming, all you can do is lace it up and get it on! :popcorneater:

http://tssaa.org/footballplayoffs/maps6A.cfm

So you honestly can look at that map and say that Lincoln Co fits better geographically with the 7 teams in Quad 2 than the 8 teams in Quad 3? We know teams like Dickson Co and Oak Ridge are almost always going to be on the borders between quads, BUT there is nowhere else to put them, this is not the case with Lincoln Co. Its much easier to get from Lincoln Co to Franklin, Nashville, Murfreesboro than it is to Cleveland, Cookeville, and Oak Ridge. Now not saying it isn't a good trip from Oakland to Oak Ridge or Cleveland, but not any more so time wise, especially with how close Murfreesboro is to I24 and 840 and how close Fayetteville is to i65. Looking at the map I can see how people could think Maryville should have gone quad 2 and oak ridge quad 1, and I think I might be on their side of this one.

I wish they would forget about travel and rank all the teams 1-32 and your bracket is set, then let the chips fall where they may! After all it is a STATE Championship and they just might be surprised at the $$$ made when it is a legit tournament! The T$$AA needs to learn the 'ol KISS rule...Keep It Simple Stupid!

They should just make 2 16 team divisions. A western tennessee to middle tennessee division and an eastern tennessee to middle tennessee division. Seed each division 1- 16. This way no memphis tennessee team would have to travel further than Middle Tennssee for a game and vice versa. No Knoxville area team would have to travel further than middle tennessee for a game and vice versa.

They should just make 2 16 team divisions. A western tennessee to middle tennessee division and an eastern tennessee to middle tennessee division. Seed each division 1- 16. This way no memphis tennessee team would have to travel further than Middle Tennssee for a game and vice versa. No Knoxville area team would have to travel further than middle tennessee for a game and vice versa.

This is the way it use to be in the days of A, AA, and AAA (but there was no seeding) and you could not play a team from your district until the state semi finals. And the games got father away, theoretically, every week.

Edited by randymc

That works too! I just wish travel wasn't an issue, it would be cool to see a tournament with seeds set up by rankings that are based on strength of schedule and rankings from 2 or three legit polls all combined. Just wishful thinking!

Edited by Frags

Do it this way and have a set way to put teams in the 2 divisions. Geography or whatever. Don't leave anything up to the human element. Then we live with it.

Just got a couple of observations.

Glad there is a 'possibility' of an ALL Rutherford County game for the Gold Ball.

R'dale being where it is at has the possibility of two things. The renewal of the Rivalry game with Oak Ridge (And BOUNDERS RIBS!), and the possibility of Coach A being able to prove to folks he CAN beat Coach Q.

Lastly I am glad we are NOT in Quad 3. God help all of y'all that are in there, and I sincerely mean that. Coming out of there with enough uninjured to play for the Gold Ball will be a major feat in itself!

I am not going to say we have an easy Quad or anything like that but what i do like is that there is only 1 team that we have played before...and I also like that we have a home game that is way cool not sure how all this stuff happened nor do i care but I WILL TAKE IT

as far as this system or something better we had a really good system before and they changed it. while there may have been some travel for some team OVERALL it wasnt and isnt what is best for high school football in TN. whenever you dont know after a friday night win or loss if you are in or not there is something wrong with that system...people gripe and complain about the college system yet that is basically what they have gone too lets settle it on the field and take facotrs out of the equation