White Co at Tullahoma

binns37388

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tullahoma Wildcats led throughout and beat White Co. 48-13 in the 5A 1st round state playoffs tonite at Tullahoma. White Co, trailing 21-0 scored late in the first half and trailed by 14pts at halftime. Tullahoma had too much speed for the young White Co team and played reserves for most of the 4th quarter. Tullahoma will host Lawrence Co this Friday nite in a rematch of last weeks final regular season game for the District 8AAA championship which Tullahoma won 27-7. Lawrence Co beat Cleveland tonite 41-34 in Lawrenceburg. Jordan Sheffield returned 2 punts for td's in the first half tonite. It was a good crowd considering the cold conditions. Tullahoma is now 8-3 and White Co ends their season with a 5-6 record.

After crunching the numbers with common opponents, here is what I have come up with. The line is Tullahoma -28 with an over/under of 61. Predicted score: Cats win 49-14. :thumb: Don't take this seriously. It will just be interesting to see how good of a prognosticator I am. :roflol:

WOW! Numbers really don't lie. If it weren't for 2 missed PAT's, I would have had a trifecta. Now, where's those Powerball forms? :roflolk:

Hey, Binns. Listening on the radio, you and Scott were talking about the last time we hosted a playoff game. I wasn't able to catch it all but something was mentioned about 1987 & 1979. Didn't we host Pearl-Cohn & John Henderson in 96 or 97? I know we hosted Cleveland & Knox Central in rounds 2 & 3 in 1987. The only game I remember hosting in 1979 was the semis against Oak Ridge. The only player I remember from that year is John Baer. But hey, I was only nine at the time. :?:

Tullahoma hosted a first round playoff game in 1999 against Kenwood. Lost in OT by a field goal kicked by a girl kicker :(

It was an extra point in overtime and not a field goal. Tullahoma had scored first in overtime with a touch down and missed their extra point. Kenwood answered on their possession in overtime with a touch down and then a girl soccer player came on to kick the extra point to win it for Kenwood. The Kenwood players picked her up and carried her off the field on their shoulders. One of the greatest High School atheletic events I have ever seen. I would rate it next to Ashley Martin's hitting a put back shot in basketball as time expired for the Tullahoma girls to defeat Shelbyville.

Edited by Whitey

It was an extra point in overtime and not a field goal. Tullahoma had scored first in overtime with a touch down and missed their extra point. Kenwood answered on their possession in overtime with a touch down and then a girl soccer player came on to kick the extra point to win it for Kenwood. The Kenwood players picked her up and carried her off the field on their shoulders. One of the greatest High School atheletic events I have ever seen. I would rate it next to Ashley Martin's hitting a put back shot in basketball as time expired for the Tullahoma girls to defeat Shelbyville.

What really happened is Tullahoma fumbled a snap inside the 1 after a personal foul facemask. Kenwood recovered and kicked a field goal on their first play. Wheeler wouldn't have missed an extra point.

Tullahoma hosted a palyoff game in three straight years. '97 Tullahoma hosted Springfield with Tremaine Turner where we lost 10-7 after we had a touchdown called back on a hold behind the play. '98 Tullahoma hosted Maplewood where we won. The next week we went to Pearl Cohn and lost 16-12 when Santonio Beard returned the opening kickoff and had another long touchdown run. In '99 we hosted Kenwood where they got out to a 14-0 lead in the first half and we lost 17-14 after the overtime field goal.

EDIT: I think the Springfield game was a second round game, I think we hosted Cheatam County and won in the first round.

Edited by festor