Round One: Oakland Vs Franklin

2priceless

Goes to show exactly how much YOU know. Warhawks is currently living in Ohio. Instead of saying something STUPID he just voices encouragement.

Alot of folks could learn from Warhawks, including myself!

Thanks LOD! Your right thats all i like to do on here! Especially for the Boro teams! Miss the football down there! I do get a kick out of some of the posts on here as well! GO OAKLAND! :hungry::thumb:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think you guys are wasting a lot of hot air here. It really does not matter. No Williamson County School will beat a Ritherford County School this year anyway.

Make sure of your facts before you get on here an make yourself look like a fool.

Independence (Wilco's little sister of the poor) 14 - Siegel 13

fbforme, please just stop posting on here. It's painful, it really is. You're a fool if you truly think that Franklin is going to beat a powerful Oakland team by two scores, but you're shown that you're a fool for several weeks now, so there's really not anything new there. For the whole week I've just been waiting for you to say that I (and a few others) were right about Brentwood last week. Not surprised by your pride though. You need to take a page out of Coach Clayton's book ....."excuses are for losers"

As for this game, now reading that Tee Mayberry might be hurt sheds a new light on this game, however one player does not make an entire offense (unless you're at Blackman) Oakland is a very good and powerful football team, with a very strong defensive front. I hope that Franklin is able to establish the run a little tonight instead of completely bailing on it like last week. True that they racked up over 380 passing yards and were utilizing BHS's weakness, but the QB also threw 4 ints, which was a big part of the loss. I think that Hogan is right, the team that ends up being disciplined and no turnovers will pull this one out.

Can Franklin respond after being beaten down up front last week? The offensive line play for FHS last week was phenominal, but do the coaches not trust their run blocking? Also, for the most part the DL played well, but not much LB play when it was desperatly needed. Not to mention the two deep balls that both scored Hopefully the Rebels step it up this week. Everyone has counted them out except for themselves (and of course fbforme)

FHS 24 - OHS 21

From the defensive side....will Oakland put pressure on the FHS QB or will they drop and let him throw like the Bruins did last week and hope he doesn't beat you.

And will the Rebel LB's and Secondary stop the OHS running attack on the second and third level.

Game day..Somebody is going home for the season tonight..Good Luck "Hand Me Down Crew"

And to the TSSAA..Fix this Playoff Mess..it's not fair!! :popcorneater:

Well ibhiii you better learn to laugh at things as you will want to do a lot of crying tomorrow night.

FHS 28

OHS 14

Rebels come to play. I bet NO ONE gives us a chance to win and that is more the reason that I see an upset in the making. Lets go Rebels! I can see it happening!

I would really doubt Franklin wins by two touchdowns. They might win, but not by that margin.

I will second that quote! There is NO reason that Franklin should be playing at Oakland and Brentood playing at Smyrna. The system is not fair at all.

I agree 100%. When I played from 01-04 if you were first or second in your region (now division i guess) you got to play a home game in the first round of the playoffs. Now both 11 AAA teams in the playoffs who finished 1-2 have to travel? TSAA screwed the pooch on this one.

Anyway, it is the way it is and both Franklin and Brentwood cant go into their games tonight feeling bad for themselves because of who/where they are playing. If they both show up we could be in for some great football games.

Good luck Rebels.

fbforme, please just stop posting on here. It's painful, it really is. You're a fool if you truly think that Franklin is going to beat a powerful Oakland team by two scores, but you're shown that you're a fool for several weeks now, so there's really not anything new there. For the whole week I've just been waiting for you to say that I (and a few others) were right about Brentwood last week. Not surprised by your pride though. You need to take a page out of Coach Clayton's book ....."excuses are for losers"

As for this game, now reading that Tee Mayberry might be hurt sheds a new light on this game, however one player does not make an entire offense (unless you're at Blackman) Oakland is a very good and powerful football team, with a very strong defensive front. I hope that Franklin is able to establish the run a little tonight instead of completely bailing on it like last week. True that they racked up over 380 passing yards and were utilizing BHS's weakness, but the QB also threw 4 ints, which was a big part of the loss. I think that Hogan is right, the team that ends up being disciplined and no turnovers will pull this one out.

Can Franklin respond after being beaten down up front last week? The offensive line play for FHS last week was phenominal, but do the coaches not trust their run blocking? Also, for the most part the DL played well, but not much LB play when it was desperatly needed. Not to mention the two deep balls that both scored Hopefully the Rebels step it up this week. Everyone has counted them out except for themselves (and of course fbforme)

FHS 24 - OHS 21

I will post whenever I want and I will continue to be on the side of my Rebels. I'm glad to see you are going to pick us this week. There was no way I was going to say that a "so called" Rebel fan was correct when he was picking Brentwood to win. A real Rebel FAN would never do that!!! Sorry I get you so upset. I am no fool I just like to have fun and I love my REBELS!

Now let's look at your post. You say we got "beat down last week upfront" but then you go on to say how good our O line did in blocking and then you say the D Line played pretty good. If we played so good then why was it a "beat down" up front? I didn't say this you did. So who is the fool now??

Why don't you take a page from Claytons' book as well "Excuses are for Losers". Well why do you question the coaches play calling?? I'd say you were by questioning if our coaches do not trust the O lines run blocking. Seems like I got you speechless on that one. Chew on that for awhile :hungry:

Glad to see you on same page. We both think Rebels can win. Well I just get a little more excited about it and say bigger scores. I like Claytons playbook (un like you) as I like seeing us throw the ball. I think we have one of the best QB's around and when you have a good horse: you ride it! Good luck Rebels! :thumb:

I will post whenever I want and I will continue to be on the side of my Rebels. I'm glad to see you are going to pick us this week. There was no way I was going to say that a "so called" Rebel fan was correct when he was picking Brentwood to win. A real Rebel FAN would never do that!!! Sorry I get you so upset. I am no fool I just like to have fun and I love my REBELS!

Now let's look at your post. You say we got "beat down last week upfront" but then you go on to say how good our O line did in blocking and then you say the D Line played pretty good. If we played so good then why was it a "beat down" up front? I didn't say this you did. So who is the fool now??

Why don't you take a page from Claytons' book as well "Excuses are for Losers". Well why do you question the coaches play calling?? I'd say you were by questioning if our coaches do not trust the O lines run blocking. Seems like I got you speechless on that one. Chew on that for awhile :hungry:

Glad to see you on same page. We both think Rebels can win. Well I just get a little more excited about it and say bigger scores. I like Claytons playbook (un like you) as I like seeing us throw the ball. I think we have one of the best QB's around and when you have a good horse: you ride it! Good luck Rebels! :thumb:

As long as Clayton is the head coach Franklin will never win a State Championship. I said this when he was hired and I stick by it today. He has a poor record against Brentwood, and his teams perform poorly in the playoffs. He had no busniess losing the State Championship a couple years ago when Nichols was QB. He abandons the run far too often and his play calling is very predictable.

For Franklin to win tonight Clayton is going to have to come out with a balanaced attack. If he doesn't Oakland will run up the score on Franklin. If he does it will be a tightly contested game that I think the Franklin players can win.

Edited by ftballkicker

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...... I can't even stomach your ignorance

Let's talk offense first. OL played pretty well, as even you can understand by Franklin's stats, they slung the ball all over the field last week and did not run (something like 78 yards) The OL had a good game upfront PASS BLOCKING. Pass blocking, young one, is not nearly anything like run blocking. I did not question, the play calling as you accuse me of, rather the lack of confidence. If you watched the game, Brentwood out physicaled Franklin up front, no bones about it. In Clayton's mind, maybe he is thinking why go to the ground when the ball in the air is working so well......except those 4 ints. Oh yeah

And I said the DL played pretty well, but if they had played GOOD ENOUGH maybe they would have stopped the run. Look at Brentwood's stats, they had over 300 yards rushing. How do you think the front (which includes LBs) played sir? Unless I'm wrong, you're the one that said the FHS defensive coaches made NO adjustments at halftime (I think Mr Hogan can back me up on that one)

And finally, being a fan and supporting your team does not having anything to do with being delusional. As I said last week, I wanted Franklin to win, but facts are facts, Franklin got beat down up front and couldn't stop Brentwood's run game, that coupled with 4 ints and a bogus fumble call by the referees gave the game to Brentwood. They played a good game and made less mistakes, which is exactly what they needed.

Anyways, if Franklin can keep from making those little mistakes tonight, they can pull the win out (but not by two TDs)