Gatlinburg Pittman vs Sullivan North

07Raiderdad

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Field looks great been on the road for 2 weeks, whats north got this year we haven't played them in years.

We have a great buch of kids who love the game and don't care about who is the star. North plays blue collar smash mouth ball and has had two heartbreaking loses to Betsy & Happy Valley that could have went either way. As to how we match up we'll see Friday night but rest assured win or lose we will hit you. I hope it is a great safe game like the playoffs should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAIDERS

I remember North was always a handful, a very well coached team glad there coming here. GP is fairly big with good team speed they were blown off field by Gibbs, and had 8 point loss to Fulton, and 7 point loss to AE. They are coming off a 56-14 win over Conf.Foe carter, and mercy rule win over Pigeon Forge. With all this rain we have had if it rains again like that late this week, it could change field conditions. Nothing like a cold, rainy, sloppy field to start the playoffs.

We have a great buch of kids who love the game and don't care about who is the star. North plays blue collar smash mouth ball and has had two heartbreaking loses to Betsy & Happy Valley that could have went either way. As to how we match up we'll see Friday night but rest assured win or lose we will hit you. I hope it is a great safe game like the playoffs should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RAIDERS

I would have to agree North has one of the best o-lines I have seen but they will have to contain the GP speed that had hurt them a couple of times. They have a good D and it will be a game I'd love to watch. Good luck to both teams, I'm picking North 28-14.

GP got a wake up call from Gibbs game 5, who will more than likely be in a shoot out with greenville in a few weeks.Since GP has played good ball despite 2 loses to Fulton and AE both by a Td. 38 points is unlikely.Gp's 1 squad gave up 3 tds to Fulton , 2 to AE, no one else got over 1.I think it was a tough draw for SN.I'm thinking more like 38-10 GP.

GP got a wake up call from Gibbs game 5, who will more than likely be in a shoot out with greenville in a few weeks.Since GP has played good ball despite 2 loses to Fulton and AE both by a Td. 38 points is unlikely.Gp's 1 squad gave up 3 tds to Fulton , 2 to AE, no one else got over 1.I think it was a tough draw for SN.I'm thinking more like 38-10 GP.

I think it will be a good hard fought game decided late by one score. No crowing from the Raiders just coming to do what we do.

GO RAIDERS

GP leads the all-time series 6-2 dating back to the days of the old Appalachian Conference while each team has played a similarly weak schedule this season. GP and North have two common opponents this year in Erwin and East. In those two games, GP's margin of victory is twice that of Sullivan North's. The defenses are nearly statistically identical with each allowing around 17 points per game. However, GP's offense has been more prolific, averaging nearly 10 points per game more than SN.

Like any GP team, this one loves to run the ball, averaging over 200 ypg on the ground. Senior tailback Walter Barber is over 1000 yards on the season at over 8 yards per carry. However, this team has been more willing to throw the ball with Senior QB Tye Marshall and the Senior receiving corps of Ron Durbin, Jeremy Hibbard, and Ryan Taylor. The passing game has also averaged over 100 yards per game with Marshall and Durbin hooking up 11 TDs on the season.

I was unable to find complete statistics for the Raiders for comparisons, but their total points would indicate that they prefer a more grind it out approach. The stats would suggest a two possession victory for GP. However, the vast majority of previous games have been decided by a single possession. I think the big play capabilities of GP's skill positions, namely Barber and Durbin, will be too much for the North defense.

Final Score

GP 28

SN 18