Gatlinburg Pittman vs Sullivan North

07Raiderdad

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP leads the all-time series 6-2 dating back to the days of the old Appalachian Conference while each team has played a similarly weak schedule this season. GP and North have two common opponents this year in Erwin and East. In those two games, GP's margin of victory is twice that of Sullivan North's. The defenses are nearly statistically identical with each allowing around 17 points per game. However, GP's offense has been more prolific, averaging nearly 10 points per game more than SN.

Like any GP team, this one loves to run the ball, averaging over 200 ypg on the ground. Senior tailback Walter Barber is over 1000 yards on the season at over 8 yards per carry. However, this team has been more willing to throw the ball with Senior QB Tye Marshall and the Senior receiving corps of Ron Durbin, Jeremy Hibbard, and Ryan Taylor. The passing game has also averaged over 100 yards per game with Marshall and Durbin hooking up 11 TDs on the season.

I was unable to find complete statistics for the Raiders for comparisons, but their total points would indicate that they prefer a more grind it out approach. The stats would suggest a two possession victory for GP. However, the vast majority of previous games have been decided by a single possession. I think the big play capabilities of GP's skill positions, namely Barber and Durbin, will be too much for the North defense.

Final Score

GP 28

SN 18

Well said cneagle13, I remember a game with SN back in the 90's brackins was playing, North jumped on 4 or 5 tds by half, and somehow GP pulled it out.

Thanks Betsy Fans We are keeping our minds on GP right now but you guys just keep winning. I'm tellin you with our 9th & 10th graders and your's There will be some WARS in the 3 rivers the next few years, & HVs youngens are tough too. I sure dread seeing #7s time at North end but what a great ride we are having

GO RAIDERS