Quad 4 Class A

Never downed PC! at all! But to hear all this talk without yal seeing LC and without me seeing PC it sounds like kinda the same type team? Never downed your region, Rice was the coach here in the early 90s, so i know yal beat a good WC team! By no means have we penciled LC to the 3rd round! It does sound like a great game in the making tho

Agreed 100% maybe these boys can make it happen!! :thumb:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you did, PC has a really good basketball team should be a good season after a bad ending to last season, all 5 starters play football, though so its gonna be a tough few games to start off!

Ralfhael Tyler,Caleb Bledsoe,Devon Jones,Ricky Boyd, B.J. Gauldin,also play basketball for Lake Co and 4 of them start with probably the 6'6 or 6'7 Gauldin being the first off the bench.Lake Co is in the same spot as Perry Co..Probably going to take a few early losses but I imagine most small schools in the football playoffs are about the same with players having to play both sports.!

This guy knows what he is talking about!! I truly believe the LC fans think PC is just some lucky 9-1 team that played in a pushover Region with some easy teams, PC is a threat everytime Tucker has the ball in his hands, and if the usual PC Defense is on the field the there will be no worries of 60 points being scored. I dont really know why LC didn get a buy to the 3rd round it seems all their fans are putting them there, Huntingdon or SF will have a little to say about that!!

It also seems like Perry Co fans think Lake Co is just some lucky 8-2 team.Could very easily be 10-0 with a loss in overtime to AA Humboldt in which an extra point attempt was blocked with seconds left on the clock..then against South Fulton was on the 4 yard line and was intercepted and was close to the 10 yard line when Lake Co was called for illegal procedure and the clock ran out. And from what I've been reading is most Perry Co fans think they are in easy quad and are hoping they will meet up with Wayne Co again..they can score every time they touch the ball..whoever beats them is going to have to score some points..Like you said..South Fulton and Huntingdon will have something to say about that as well as Bruceton and Union City.I'm expecting Union City ..With cold weather ..it will be a different game more than likely.The quarterback may not be able to throw as well as usual.We'll see..But by what I'm reading ,Perry Co is already playing either Jo Byrnes or Wayne Co

Edited by mrbigster

Well people are just speculating, because they know wat the team is made of, I dont think anyone is putting them there yet, just hoping, however you have to do a little research on our QB, nothing is going to affect this kid, if cold weather is a problem throwing he will just run all over you, with 2500 passin yds and over 1000 rushin, he will put his team in a position to win

PC is not looking down on or past anyone and just because a team is 6-4, 5-5, or 4-6 in the regular season does not mean they will be a push over. The fans are only talking about Wayne County or Jo Byrns because they believe it will make for a huge game, seeing that the PC v WC game was such a nail biter. I haven't seen Bruceton play, but I know UC and Lake County both have good teams and they will be good opponents. Also, IMO Quad 4 is no easier or harder then Quads 3, 2 or 1. :ph34r:

PC is not looking down on or past anyone and just because a team is 6-4, 5-5, or 4-6 in the regular season does not mean they will be a push over. The fans are only talking about Wayne County or Jo Byrns because they believe it will make for a huge game, seeing that the PC v WC game was such a nail biter. I haven't seen Bruceton play, but I know UC and Lake County both have good teams and they will be good opponents. Also, IMO Quad 4 is no easier or harder then Quads 3, 2 or 1. :ph34r:

I agree completely! Everybody...every fan...every player...is just hoping right now. It'll be decided on the field starting tonight. That's why they play the game. Good luck to every team.

Everybody in this bracket should feel like they have a great chance to advance or as good a chance as any of the teams..Most seem to think Perry Co is the favorite.And they may be..But all the teams can take solace in a lot of games that these teams have played indirectly..For instance..Perry Co lost to Decatur Co 21-6..Decatur Co was beaten by Dresden 20-14..Lake Co can lok at that because they didn't just play 1 team that Dresden played but 4 teams that Dresden played.Dresden beat Grenfield 34-7..Lake Co had Greenfield 40-0 at the half..Dresden beat Trenton 13-7..Lake Co beat Trenton 35-31...Dresden beat Halls 40-13..Lake Co won beat Halls 42-7..Dresden beat Gibson co 26-6 while Lake Co beat Gibson Co 20-14..Dresden also beat Bruceton 40-6 but lost to Huntingdon 28-22..So that should make some Lake Co and Huntingdon fans happy ....South Fulton beat Lake Co so those Red Devil fans should be happy...,Huntington lost to Union City which should make the Union City fans happy. Union City lost to Lake co 60-40 which again..should make the Lake Co fans happy..Bruceton fans are saying that they only lost to 1 Single A team which is making them happy..But they havent played any of the same teams and were beaten pretty bad by all those teams.I really couldn't find much that would make them very happy..Anyway..Doesnt mean a lot..brand new season..Just that by looking at all the break downs of the games..we all seem have a good chance.!So..what does my post really mean? Nothing at all..just that I like to ramble and twist and ramblesome more and hopefully getting people or myself to believe that we have a chance.!Or either I shold be an author as much as I write ,or a quacko.!

If you had been watching Bruceton the last couple of years, you would understand why we are very happy to make the playoffs again. At one point this season they were riding a 23 game losing streak. A very few years ago if we did not win 7 games and go to the quarter finals the fans were disappointed.

Most teams in quad 4 would have taken a whipping from Camden (1 seed 3a), McKenzie(1 seed 2a), TCA(2 seed 2a) and Dresden (3 seed 2A). They are all playoff teams. Huntingdon at 4-6 is not a bad team either and that was close game at half. They romped us pretty good late in the game but it was not a blowout from start to finish. I think we even may have been leading at half. Huntingdon is not what they have been in the last few years, but not a cupcake. They were the last team to beat Alcoa for a 2A championship, I beleive and that was only a very few years ago.

I am not delusional concerning where we are as a football program. HBR has a long way to go to be the team they were in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's but they made some strides this year. That is what we are happy about. Not that we lost to those teams, but that we did compete with those we should compete with and I think we will be competitive with those others in time.

All that said, it will be hard for us to compete with Union City tonight. I think this bunch will come out an give a good account of themselves and if they get a few breaks who knows.

We have some injuries that have really hurt us all year, but they have stuck it out and won some games when their back was too the wall and that is why we have a lot of optimism for the coaches, players and program.