Hendersonville @ Gallatin ...playoffs first round

runninblind

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont seem fair to either team...Advantage Commando's...Sure be ironic if the Commando's take the same path as Beech did last year...! Gonna be another head knocker next friday nite...!

Just like I said in the other topic...

All the Gallatin fans slept great last night after the W. Figured they would get an easy home game next week. Woke up and saw that Hendersonville was coming back to the wave yard and it ruined their weekend. Now Gallatin is forced to prove theyre the better team. Hendersonville is going to come ready after the tough loss last night. They wont let another one slip away.

Get your extra bleachers out Gwave1 were gonna have ourselves a good ole' BarnBurner.

#17 QB for the G better eat his wheaties this week, because he only has seven days to recover from that beating to get ready for the same thing.

Revenge is a dish best served COLD!

And as far as this being fair. How is this not fair. Maybe not fair to Gallatin, but Hendersonville loves this!

New Officials, New Game, and everybodys 0-0!

I wont post my score predition yet, but I'm pullin for black and gold all day everyday.

Hopefully Gallatin can withstand the blitz next week. The O-line played with only 2 starters last night hopefully we can get some of those kids healthy and back. This was the most likely scenario going back to last week with the only difference being most people were giving H-ville the victory before the game was played which would have meant the game would be moved to H-ville. I will never agree with all calls by officals so getting a new set wouldn't hurt my feelings either. 15 for Gallatin was getting mugged on most every pass to him with only the take down being called for PI. For the most part they let them play. H-ville did a good job of getting Gallatin to throw the 2nd punch a couple of times last night. Regardless of who the opponent is if you plan to win it all you have to win this week. Both teams are 0-0 as posted earlier. The winner faces the task of possibly traveling to Henry County next week.

Tremaine will be fine. Don't expect any more freebies!! If the Commandos win then so be it.

And if Gallatin wins I will truly believe they deserve it as well.

My keys to the game:

For Gallatin:

1. They have to protect up front.

2. They have to keep it close.

3. They need the same intensity as this week.

For Hendersonville:

1. Win the special teams battle. (Bowerman needs to make his kicks)

2. Get after #17 just as you this week. (Russell, Townsend, and Bozeman come hard)

3. Keep your coverage in the secondary.

4. Don't let crucial drives stall.

Hendersonville is lacking their speedster (#3) this year due to his grades. They arent the kind of team that expects to bust one for 70. They are a grind it out get what you can and get ready for the next play.

Gallatin has the big play factor, which they seem to live, or die by. They will give their opponent the ball at the 40 every time and hope to stop them.

I cant wait till next friday!

Hendersonville wants this "revenge game". They think they are better than you Gallatin!!! They will practice hard all week just to beat you!! So what are the Green Wave players going to do....just sit back and say "oh man, this ain't fair".....Heck no!!!!! Defend the Gallatin turf!!!! This is our home and lets see if they can take it from us!!!! Practice hard boys this is going to be a fight!!!!

Hendersonville wants this "revenge game". They think they are better than you Gallatin!!! They will practice hard all week just to beat you!! So what are the Green Wave players going to do....just sit back and say "oh man, this ain't fair".....Heck no!!!!! Defend the Gallatin turf!!!! This is our home and lets see if they can take it from us!!!! Practice hard boys this is going to be a fight!!!!

This the first time i can ever remember 2 teams from same district playing each other in the first round of the playoffs.. i think its unfair because one of our teams from our district has no chance to make it to the second round ...thats my point...Im sure the players from Gallatin who held the mighty commandos to 7 total yards in the second half and 1 first down arent gonna lose any sleep playing Hendersonville 2 weeks in a row...Hopefully the wave wont be giving gift wrapped touchdowns next friday nite..As far as the officials Im with ya on that one the commando's got away with holding all nite and only 1 holding penalty called..AS far as the late hits Gallatin was guilty on all...I was really impressed with the Hendersonville linebacker ( 34 ) he is a beast and was all over the field last nite he is a fine ball player..Hopefully 2 out of the 3 starters will be back by next friday nite..Whomever wins this game will travel to Henry county which is the most hospitable place a team can play away from home..Henry county fans are the best and Patriot staduim is a great atmosphere for high school football..

Hville has to do better than 140 yards in offense and 1 first down in the 2nd half. Gallatin is going to gain some yards, too many good athletes not to. Gallatin gave them a lot of chances, great field position time after time and Hville could not take advantage of. The person earlier who mentioned Woodard getting mugged all night must not have seen Townsend get mugged all night rushing the passer. Hville would have benefited from the old style tear away jerseys. I guess the officials figured a mugging for a mugging. Last night Gallatin made the plays and Hville did not and deserved to win. I believe the Commandos will come out this week with a little more fire. The guys in the trenches will decide who wins!

Hville has to do better than 140 yards in offense and 1 first down in the 2nd half. Gallatin is going to gain some yards, too many good athletes not to. Gallatin gave them a lot of chances, great field position time after time and Hville could not take advantage of. The person earlier who mentioned Woodard getting mugged all night must not have seen Townsend get mugged all night rushing the passer. Hville would have benefited from the old style tear away jerseys. I guess the officials figured a mugging for a mugging. Last night Gallatin made the plays and Hville did not and deserved to win. I believe the Commandos will come out this week with a little more fire. The guys in the trenches will decide who wins!

Gallatin will have to deal with that bull rush. Maybe this time around more of the starting line will be able to play. Hendersonville is a very sound defensive ball club and I expect another hard hitting game. Both sides will tweak the game plan and I am sure will pull out all the stops to beat the other. Gallatin made some clutch 4 th down catches and Hendersonville did miss some opportunities. Gallatin also gave Hendersonville some good field position. I don't know if Gallatin can stop the wing-t as much as they did this past week and I am not sure if Hendersonville can contain all of the receivers either. I bet it is packed this week with every TV station and with Westmoreland, Trousdale Co, Station Camp, and Portland not playing....get there early!!

tough first round game..no surprises here, both teams know what the other one is going to try

You would think this... But I can guarantee that the Hendersonville staff NEVER saw Lassiter & crew calling plays with hand signals and flip cards in that game. Advantage goes to Gallatin in this one, because frankly NONE of us know what they are going to do. Hendersonville will run the wing-t. We will run the _________??? By the way, we are now 4-0 against wing-t teams, allowing only 11 offensive points per game vs wing-t offenses. Our 4-2-5 defense may suck it up against other stuff, but boy does it squash that pitiful excuse for an offense they call "THE WING-T" Where's Hendersonville's speed this year btw?

For the record, I think there is a bunch of mental patients running the TSSAA right now. They actually said on 104.5 that they were happy with the current system, and that there were very vew flaws.... REALLY?!?! We already proved that we are better than Hendersonville! Not only that, but they laid a red carpet all the way to Cookeville for Riverdale - while Smyrna, Oakland, Blackman, Brentwood, MJ, and who knows who else is in that bunch have to beat up on each other! This system is garbage. Hendersonville is Garbage. We showed them that they were the inferior team, so why do we have to do it again the very next week?