Jackson County (6-4) at Cascade (7-3)

FridayMainEvent

They are getting there. Gainesboro is historically a basketball community, but football is starting to make some noise. They hired a local guy a few years ago that, I think, the respect of the community, school, and student athletes. He has been able to get guys out that would normally not play. He sees all the areas of the program that need work, from the weight room to the coaching staff. I believe Coach Loftis knows what it is going to take to get the program to the next level and has the work ethic to achieve this, if given time. They just need to learn how to win....consistantly.

Good luck this week Devils!

They got the Golf course looking good to after all the crazy weather earlier in the yr. ; however the green could have been quicker. (at least 9-10 on the stemp meter).

good luck J-Co.

I've enjoyed the good natured banter from supporters on both sides of this one. I'm the dad of one of the Devil's key players out with a shoulder injury. His heart is broken that he must watch as his teammates play their first playoff game in 14 years, but he tells me that their desire to win this one for the team, his coaches, and his community is great. I hope it is enough. Everything we know about Cascade lends us to believe they are a solid and formidable opponent for us.

I just hope that, regardless of outcome, JC makes a good showing and performs like we know they can. They have indeed come a long way as evidenced by our participation in this game. Cascade's playoff experience will certainly be a plus for them and I fear we'll need one of our best games of the year to continue in this post season. And that is just how it should be.

Let's hope tomorrow evening's game is competitive and injury-free. I know one kid whose memories will be bitter-sweet regardless of the outcome. I'd trade both my solid collarbones for his broken one if only he could take the field at least one more time. A sentiment I'm sure too many players and parents understand.

Good luck to both squads. Enjoy the experience. Its a precious thing!

I've enjoyed the good natured banter from supporters on both sides of this one. I'm the dad of one of the Devil's key players out with a shoulder injury. His heart is broken that he must watch as his teammates play their first playoff game in 14 years, but he tells me that their desire to win this one for the team, his coaches, and his community is great. I hope it is enough. Everything we know about Cascade lends us to believe they are a solid and formidable opponent for us.

I just hope that, regardless of outcome, JC makes a good showing and performs like we know they can. They have indeed come a long way as evidenced by our participation in this game. Cascade's playoff experience will certainly be a plus for them and I fear we'll need one of our best games of the year to continue in this post season. And that is just how it should be.

Let's hope tomorrow evening's game is competitive and injury-free. I know one kid whose memories will be bitter-sweet regardless of the outcome. I'd trade both my solid collarbones for his broken one if only he could take the field at least one more time. A sentiment I'm sure too many players and parents understand.

Good luck to both squads. Enjoy the experience. Its a precious thing!

Sure hate to hear that. Know it's gotta be tough on him, especially if he's a senior. Just let him know

Grunt & TC are wishing him the best. Good luck to the Devils Fri. nite!

Well said Grubworm, I met your son not long ago and he's a great kid but knowing his parents I wouldn't expect less. When I found out he was injured my heart ached for him because when I spoke with him he was ready to get back on the field. He'll carry with him forever the memory of being a part of the team that was the rebirth of football the way it used to be at JCHS.

Go Big Blue !!

Well said Grubworm, I met your son not long ago and he's a great kid but knowing his parents I wouldn't expect less. When I found out he was injured my heart ached for him because when I spoke with him he was ready to get back on the field. He'll carry with him forever the memory of being a part of the team that was the rebirth of football the way it used to be at JCHS.

Go Big Blue !!

Thanks for the kind words BluBellz. I've always believed that its the 'life lessons' learned thru sports that are more valuable by far than all the stats, records, and accolades. This has been a pretty tough lesson for my son, but I know he'll be a stronger man for it. He has had to face several facts that all of us eventually come to know like... 'I'm not invincible' and 'Sometimes fate seems unfair', but his head is up and he's come to appreciate and love his team and the game even more. He knows now just how lucky he is to share this experience. I'm very proud of him and all the kids who've worked so hard to acheive what they have.

Good luck Blue Devils!