Soddy Daisy Trojans Host Lincoln County

SoddyDaisyCajun

Eagle4 and EagleLegend, I sense a few sour grapes. Yes, congratulations you all did beat us 2 weeks ago, but you see it's overall record and strength of schedule that the TSSAA likes so that is why we will be HOSTING a playoff game Friday. If you had taken care of business against Clevland this would be a mute point. So enjoy your game at Carson Newman and then discuss where all Fitz will interview at for jobs this year

COMPLETELY unnecessary! Rhea County DID get the shaft on this one. I hate it for you guys. I would have liked to have seen Tallent go up against some of the other playoff teams. Good luck at Carson Newman! Ready for some revenge next year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be a good game. I dont know much about Soddy Daisy but i do know LC has been playing great ball of late. I do know Soddy has a 1,000 yard running back which LC must try to slow down. So were all wanting a good injury free game. Good luck to both teams

42-7, SD Rolls in the 1st round with their Lockdown D

Eagle4 and EagleLegend, I sense a few sour grapes. Yes, congratulations you all did beat us 2 weeks ago, but you see it's overall record and strength of schedule that the TSSAA likes so that is why we will be HOSTING a playoff game Friday. If you had taken care of business against Clevland this would be a mute point. So enjoy your game at Carson Newman and then discuss where all Fitz will interview at for jobs this year

Bottom line the system is WRONG! Call it sour grapes if you will but i bet most of you would feel the same if the roles were reversed. You were right. If we would have taken care of business at Cleveland we would not be having this discussion. Also if we had teams on our schedule this year like Hixson and Red Bank we would not be talking about it either. We had the tougher schedule period! Its hard to swallow for some of these young boys of ours. We cant help how different teams schedule their non region games. Good luck friday. Go Trojans! GO EAGLES!

SD Cajun, I dont know about that. That is a pretty bold prediction considering that our defense has only givin up an avg. of 8.25 points per game in the last 4 games. And our offense is avg. 39 points per game the last five games. it should be a pretty good game not a blowout. so my predication is this LC takes care of bussiness again to advance to the next round. LC 28 SD 14

Edited by thelittleguy

We got shafted bottom line. I guess having the tougher schedule means nothing. Talking about business we beat you and we finished 3rd in district you finished 4th. We will enjoy our game at Carson Newman no doubt. No need in you worrying about Fitz, it is nothing to you what he does. He is a man with a family and if he wants test the water to try and better himself than so be it. It is his business not mine or yours or anybody for that matter.

Bottom line the system is WRONG! Call it sour grapes if you will but i bet most of you would feel the same if the roles were reversed. You were right. If we would have taken care of business at Cleveland we would not be having this discussion. Also if we had teams on our schedule this year like Hixson and Red Bank we would not be talking about it either. We had the tougher schedule period! Its hard to swallow for some of these young boys of ours. We cant help how different teams schedule their non region games. Good luck friday. Go Trojans! GO EAGLES!

I agree the system this year is wrong. But it is what it is. You have to deal with it. Everyone knew that to have an automatic bid into the playoffs you had to finish 1st or 2nd. Soddy didnt and neither did rhea. I cant believe I am hearing you guys had a tougher schedule. Yes hixson isnt a good team but they are rivals. Red bank is a good team, they blew out Cleveland, and they are also our rivals. Everyone knows rival games are harder. Bell Co. is better than any team rhea faced. And Science hill is also good. the truth is the only team sd lost to that is a playoff team is rhea. The only team rhea beat that is a playoff team is soddy. Yes you finished 3rd in distict but soddy played and beat better teams than rhea did.

I agree the system this year is wrong. But it is what it is. You have to deal with it. Everyone knew that to have an automatic bid into the playoffs you had to finish 1st or 2nd. Soddy didnt and neither did rhea. I cant believe I am hearing you guys had a tougher schedule. Yes hixson isnt a good team but they are rivals. Red bank is a good team, they blew out Cleveland, and they are also our rivals. Everyone knows rival games are harder. Bell Co. is better than any team rhea faced. And Science hill is also good. the truth is the only team sd lost to that is a playoff team is rhea. The only team rhea beat that is a playoff team is soddy. Yes you finished 3rd in distict but soddy played and beat better teams than rhea did.

You are right it is what it is and we are dealing with it! Our schedule was a tougher schedule. I dont think we were the one scheduling gimme games against a bunch of smaller schools. We had our way against Red Bank and Hixson :roflol: Bell Co is a tough team but they are a SMALL school and playing who??? Come on! I tell you what, the next time you and soddyman have earned something and are well deserved of it but for some screwed up reason you dont get it just think about this Golden Eagle! :lol: Go Trojans! GO EAGLES!!

You are right it is what it is and we are dealing with it! Our schedule was a tougher schedule. I dont think we were the one scheduling gimme games against a bunch of smaller schools. We had our way against Red Bank and Hixson :roflol: Bell Co is a tough team but they are a SMALL school and playing who??? Come on! I tell you what, the next time you and soddyman have earned something and are well deserved of it but for some screwed up reason you dont get it just think about this Golden Eagle! :lol: Go Trojans! GO EAGLES!!

I'm not really sure who you are saying had the tougher schedule. Let's all just agree that the current playoff system is broken. Anything that makes the BCS look like a fair system has got to be screwed up. Just remember that TSSAA takes 50% of the gate for ALL playoff games to try and figure out why it is set up the way it is.

Anyway, getting back to the game Friday - remember that kickoff is at 7:00 not 7:30 like usual. I don't know much about Lincoln County but Soddy Daisy has been a streaky team this year and if we follow up the game we played against Cleveland with a similar performance we will win.

SD Cajun, I dont know about that. That is a pretty bold prediction considering that our defense has only givin up an avg. of 8.25 points per game in the last 4 games. And our offense is avg. 39 points per game the last five games. it should be a pretty good game not a blowout. so my predication is this LC takes care of bussiness again to advance to the next round. LC 28 SD 14

Them #'s you are spiting out mean nothing, Your coming to our HOUSE and its gonna be Ugly :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Them #'s you are spiting out mean nothing, Your coming to our HOUSE and its gonna be Ugly :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Held my tongue long enough. No, Lincoln County did not end it's regular season as a winning season. Yes, we were 5-5. HOWEVER, if you look at our schedule we have one of the toughest in the state considering the caliber of teams (and their ranking) we played the first half of the season. Am VERY proud of our fine, young men though for not hanging their heads, as many teams would do, and winning their last five games. No, we do NOT have any D-I prospects, BUT we do have an excellent bunch of players who suit up and give it their all every week. I do not believe that it will be a blow out when the clock ends, but I do believe it will be a good game. I hope it is a fun, exciting, injury free game with excellent sportsmanship displayed on both sides of the ball. With that being said.......GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by birdfan