Clinton Football

TheEdge2010

Coming into this season, I knew we were not going to have any "game changing" type players, but I thought we would have a good offensive line and still have a chance to be at least 5-5.

Eight weeks later I'm scratching my head wondering what in the World is going on? Is it just lack of talent or coaching?

In my opinion, its both.

A few questions about Clinton Dragon football 92: How many Sr.s on this squad and what kind of nucleus returning? How much difference would Camion Patrick have made, i.e., would his presence have been enough to help win some games and how many? You host D-B next year. Do you see Clinton playing a competitive game against them at home next year?

Thanks , I'll hang up and listen for your answers. :) Good luck Dragons.

A few questions about Clinton Dragon football 92: How many Sr.s on this squad and what kind of nucleus returning? How much difference would Camion Patrick have made, i.e., would his presence have been enough to help win some games and how many? You host D-B next year. Do you see Clinton playing a competitive game against them at home next year?

We have 11 seniors on this years team. Our qb will be returning along with all our running backs except Austin Powell. Our TE is a senior, but i think the rest of the receivers will be back. We have 3 linemen that are seniors.

So i think we return more starters than we lose, which is good imo.

I believe Camion leaving was a good thing and a bad thing. Camion is a outstanding athlete, but we relied on him way to much and he was taking a beating. I believe he is going to help any team he plays for if they use him the right way.

As far as DB goes....only time will tell. Clinton needs to work on ALOT before DB comes to town next season before it will be a competitive game. I hope our coaching staff knows what they are doing and can get this team back to where they should be. I wouldnt be surprised if Kerr gets rid of one or two coaches after the season is over.

We have 11 seniors on this years team. Our qb will be returning along with all our running backs except Austin Powell. Our TE is a senior, but i think the rest of the receivers will be back. We have 3 linemen that are seniors.

I believe Camion leaving was a good thing and a bad thing. Camion is a outstanding athlete, but we relied on him way to much and he was taking a beating. I believe he is going to help any team he plays for if they use him the right way.

As far as DB goes....only time will tell. Clinton needs to work on ALOT before DB comes to town next season before it will be a competitive game. I hope our coaching staff knows what they are doing and can get this team back to where they should be. I wouldnt be surprised if Kerr gets rid of one or two coaches after the season is over.

Thanks. Will Powell come back to the pack next year? Aren't they a Sr. laden team especially Mobley and the big QB, McPhetridge?? I'm thinking?

Thanks. Will Powell come back to the pack next year? Aren't they a Sr. laden team especially Mobley and the big QB, McPhetridge?? I'm thinking?

Powell will definitely take a step back next year (losing 16 starters), but they should still be a very talented team. Mobley will be very tough to replace, as junior Montario Washington will likely become the starting tailback next year. I expect him to be backed up by sophomore Tyshawn Gardin. McPhetridge will be replaced by sophomore Hagen Owenby (starting WR this year), who is equally talented (great runner, may even be a better passer than McPhetridge). Three starters on the O-Line will return next year as well, so this team should be poised to have offensive success again next year.

Defensively, the Panthers will probably take their biggest hit, as they lose their entire starting front seven. They rotate a lot of players on defense, so they'll have some starters next year who've played quite a few snaps on Friday nights before, but that doesn't erase the fact that they lose a lot of defensive talent/experience after this year.

Powell will definitely take a step back next year (losing 16 starters), but they should still be a very talented team. Mobley will be very tough to replace, as junior Montario Washington will likely become the starting tailback next year. I expect him to be backed up by sophomore Tyshawn Gardin. McPhetridge will be replaced by sophomore Hagen Owenby (starting WR this year), who is equally talented (great runner, may even be a better passer than McPhetridge). Three starters on the O-Line will return next year as well, so this team should be poised to have offensive success again next year.

Defensively, the Panthers will probably take their biggest hit, as they lose their entire starting front seven. They rotate a lot of players on defense, so they'll have some starters next year who've played quite a few snaps on Friday nights before, but that doesn't erase the fact that they lose a lot of defensive talent/experience after this year.

Thanks osunut2. I forgot about you being the Powell expert. They look to be poised for a strong gold ball bid. Good luck.

I asked about them as a Sullivan South fan. The scrimmage series between the two has given me a good glimpse into the program. I think it has also been good for both teams. When we scrimmaged in the spring 2 years ago, even though South whooped the Panthers pretty good , you figured the future was bright for all those sophomores. It has come to fruition. Hopefully the scrimmage series will continue. i believe ,if so, South will travel back to Powell next summer. Hope to see you then if not sooner in this year's playoffs. Good luck. thumb[1].gif

Thanks osunut2. I forgot about you being the Powell expert. They look to be poised for a strong gold ball bid. Good luck.

I asked about them as a Sullivan South fan. The scrimmage series between the two has given me a good glimpse into the program. I think it has also been good for both teams. When we scrimmaged in the spring 2 years ago, even though South whooped the Panthers pretty good , you figured the future was bright for all those sophomores. It has come to fruition. Hopefully the scrimmage series will continue. i believe ,if so, South will travel back to Powell next summer. Hope to see you then if not sooner in this year's playoffs. Good luck. thumb[1].gif

HTV is the real expert! I'm just an expert in training.

I'd love to see the South/Powell scrimmage series continue as well.

You guys have massive offensive and defense lines! I'm still surprised that that hasn't been more of a weapon for Clinton this year. Austin Powell got hurt in the 1st quarter against the Panthers last week, so I saw the Clinton offense minus Powell for much of the game. This team just doesn't appear to have a lot of speed/athleticism, but fortunately, the roster is young. Dotson looks like he could be a solid back, but he showed a lot of hesitation at times last week. I was impressed with Willard, especially with his accuracy when he rolled out of the pocket.

Still hard to believe that this team is only 2 years removed from Stone, Hazelhurst, and company.

Coaches knew it would be a major rebuilding project at CHS. This year has been a struggle. They lose their starting QB for the first 4 games, but were told each week by doctors that he would probably be able to go the next week. Finally Clinton moved on in week 4 and put in a wing-t to get one of their best athletes more involved. His first run results in a torn MCL and out for the year. The next week Williard comes back at QB, which they found out on game day so he hadn't practiced in 6 weeks. Clinton looked better, but rusty. The next week Williard gets a week of practice and looks very sharp. Clinton then loses their 2 leading tacklers for the year in the first half. That was game set match for the year.

The kids who are still playing are getting much better each week, but there is still a long way to go. Clinton had their best offensive half of the season against Powell in the first half. The coaches are now going with younger players, and skipping some seniors that have been refusing to work to get better. 3 of their 4 leading tacklers last friday were freshmen. Their best offensive linemen is a freshmen. They have a sophomore lineman that could be all-state once he starts working and quits relying on only his natural ability. Clinton will be fine in the future. They have very good classes coming up.

You guys have massive offensive and defense lines! I'm still surprised that that hasn't been more of a weapon for Clinton this year. Austin Powell got hurt in the 1st quarter against the Panthers last week, so I saw the Clinton offense minus Powell for much of the game. This team just doesn't appear to have a lot of speed/athleticism, but fortunately, the roster is young. Dotson looks like he could be a solid back, but he showed a lot of hesitation at times last week. I was impressed with Willard, especially with his accuracy when he rolled out of the pocket.

Still hard to believe that this team is only 2 years removed from Stone, Hazelhurst, and company.

I think Powell will take a hit next year.... But they will not drop off like Clinton did thats for sure.... Who is your early favorite to win the dist. next year???? I think it will be between Oakridge, Powell, and AC if AC gets that D playing tough!!!!!

I think Powell will take a hit next year.... But they will not drop off like Clinton did thats for sure.... Who is your early favorite to win the dist. next year???? I think it will be between Oakridge, Powell, and AC if AC gets that D playing tough!!!!!

I think OR, Powell, AC, and HVA have the best shot. Right now, I'd say OR has to be the favorite, with the talent they return. Powell will have a potent offense again next year, even though they lose Mobley/McPhetridge (Hagen Owenby might be a better runner/passer than McPhetridge, plus they return most of their offensive line), but the defense will be the big question mark, after losing their entire front 7. AC will obviously have a good offense, but their obvious challenge will be to improve defensively. I expect AC to be better on defense next year, but they'll have to improve a LOT if they want to develop a good defense, let alone an average one.

Also, we can't sleep on HVA next year. Eskridge will be back, and their QB situation will be better. They should also have a good defense.

I think OR, Powell, AC, and HVA have the best shot. Right now, I'd say OR has to be the favorite, with the talent they return. Powell will have a potent offense again next year, even though they lose Mobley/McPhetridge (Hagen Owenby might be a better runner/passer than McPhetridge, plus they return most of their offensive line), but the defense will be the big question mark, after losing their entire front 7. AC will obviously have a good offense, but their obvious challenge will be to improve defensively. I expect AC to be better on defense next year, but they'll have to improve a LOT if they want to develop a good defense, let alone an average one.

Also, we can't sleep on HVA next year. Eskridge will be back, and their QB situation will be better. They should also have a good defense.

Wrong OSUnut2, Eskridge is bye bye gone after this year. He is a senior, my friend.