Clinton Football

TheEdge2010

I think Powell will take a hit next year.... But they will not drop off like Clinton did thats for sure.... Who is your early favorite to win the dist. next year???? I think it will be between Oakridge, Powell, and AC if AC gets that D playing tough!!!!!

I dont believe that there will be a clear favorite to win the district next yr. I believe OR, Powell, and HV will all take a step back. AC loses alot of key seniors this year, so who knows what they will be like? If i had to pick it right now, i guess my picks would go like this.....

Powell

OR

Karns

HVA

AC

Central

Clinton

Halls

Campbell Co.

I dont believe that there will be a clear favorite to win the district next yr. I believe OR, Powell, and HV will all take a step back. AC loses alot of key seniors this year, so who knows what they will be like? If i had to pick it right now, i guess my picks would go like this.....

Powell

OR

Karns

HVA

AC

Central

Clinton

Halls

Campbell Co.

Very good assessment, Dragon. I have a similar set of picks for next year:

OR

Powell

Karns

AC

HVA

Central/Clinton/Halls/CC

Very good assessment, Dragon. I have a similar set of picks for next year:

OR

Powell

Karns

AC

HVA

Central/Clinton/Halls/CC

Thanks osunut2! Alot of things can change between now and the start of next season. Players could move in or transfer out. Coaching changes. Anything is possible. That's why I love high school football so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like to see Clinton get the wheels back on.

I was talking to a coach in west Tennessee and we agreed you treat this like the game it is- you play and coach to win and when the wins don't come there are repercussions, usually to the coaching staff.

Then you realize that's one of your friends on that coaching staff and you know he's giving 110% and 16 hours a day to that program, he's a great guy, and because the wins aren't there he is going to be out of work.

High school athletics is a great experience about 98% of the time. The other 2% can be pretty ugly.

The Ridge

Powell

AC

HVA

Then everybody else

Karns loses 23 senoirs, CC will improve but not enough, Halls, Central, and Clinton will continue to stink.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not so sure about your hopes and dreams. Karns does loose 23 Seniors, 15 of which get meaningful playing time, but next years team will have at least 14 to 15 seniors in starting positions, and they are all getting a lot of meaningful playing time now. We are reloading not rebuilding.

Im not so sure about your hopes and dreams. Karns does loose 23 Seniors, 15 of which get meaningful playing time, but next years team will have at least 14 to 15 seniors in starting positions, and they are all getting a lot of meaningful playing time now. We are reloading not rebuilding.

Hopes and dreams would be AC on top of the district. This is just an opinion, we're a year away from the 2012 season. Good luck to your Beavers.

HOOK EM' HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clinton is only losing around 7 seniors and only 5 of them are really starters. What Clinton does in the off season is more important now than ever before!

We play alot of freshmen and sophomores, but the key is getting them to stay at Clinton and work hard this off season to get better next yr.

We can't have them quit or transfer or this team won't be getting any better and I foresee another "Catlett era" where we get down to about 30 players and have several losing yrs in a row.

92, what kind of changes do these players want if they are to return. When you get that kind of talk going around the locker room it is contagious and very hard to overcome. I can see a Catlett era repeat happening very easily. It will be very tough for Kerr keep the program afloat. Clinto should be very competitive in our district which is pretty weak after you get past the top two teams. Central, CC, Halls, HV, Karns. Y'all should be beating those teams. What kind of changes do these guys want?

92, what kind of changes do these players want if they are to return. When you get that kind of talk going around the locker room it is contagious and very hard to overcome. I can see a Catlett era repeat happening very easily. It will be very tough for Kerr keep the program afloat. Clinto should be very competitive in our district which is pretty weak after you get past the top two teams. Central, CC, Halls, HV, Karns. Y'all should be beating those teams. What kind of changes do these guys want?

This is what happens when school hire off the buddy buddy system. The last three coaches Clinton had should never been coaches. All had a inside connection and program has suffer from that. Shattack won with Talent but all who seen that team knows that team should of went atleast to the show not taking nothing away from AC they played good that nite. But Catlett, Shattuck and Kerr should never been hire to coach at Clinton all was hired with losing records or never was a HC. Clinton has one winning season in 13 years the 09 team and before that 1998. We will continue to lose kids to AC, Grace and now to LC it's so sad but untill we quit hiring friends nothing will change. FYI am hearing Kerr is leaving after this season to goto Cambell Co with his brothers in law.