Clinton Football

TheEdge2010

I Agree its time for a change. I talk to a few of the kids last weekend at VFC chamipionship games and they was saying its time for a change. They felt there are some good coaches on staff the Herrell,Stone,Benjermin and kerr but none has a say so in the offense. Also said they dont think no one of the staff likes one another something got to change.

How quickly things change. This time last year Andy Shattuck was the toast of the town. Lose some great players like Stone and Hazelhurst and lose some games and all of a sudden you suck. Well Andy Shattuck is a class individual. He has proven that he can get it done. All you Clinton arm chair quarterbacks don't have a clue. You want sustained success, get off his back and get on his side. There's no animosity.

Edited by oskie

How quickly things change. This time last year Andy Shattuck was the toast of the town. Lose some great players like Stone and Hazelhurst and lose some games and all of a sudden you suck. Well Andy Shattuck is a class individual. He has proven that he can get it done. All you Clinton arm chair quarterbacks don't have a clue. You want sustained success, get off his back and get on his side. There's no animosity.

I don't get it either. I'm not sure what fans expected, but there was no way that Clinton was going to go 10-0 this year, especially when you consider how much talent graduated after last season. Give Shattuck a break. They had to have a rebuilding year. Four wins are still the most wins you've had in a season since long before Darian Stone and Weston Hazelhurst were playing on Friday night.

Looking at the wins and losses, with the exception of TC Roberson, I don't think you can be mad about any of the other 5 losses. DB, HVA, Powell, OR, and AC are all very good teams.

You've got your Dragons back. Last year was an anomoly. A class like Stone, Hazlehurst, Chapman, Frazier and company only comes along once in a blue moon. That was like the 2005 Oak Ridge team. Anybody could win with those guys.

How does the Clinton community feel about Shattuck living in West Knoxville?

It doesnt bother me that he lives in West Knoxville.

Shattuck was coach of the year man..if u mess up on ur job u wanna be thrown out first bad time. Come on give the man a break

I have always supported Shattuck! I think he is the best thing thats happened to Clinton since Gaylor left, but there is just something else that doesnt seem to fit or mesh well....i cant put my finger on it. There just seems to be tension between some of the coaches or something. Sometimes, i dont think Shattuck has faith in his own coaches, overriding thier play calls and stuff like that. I know a head coach does that all the time, but i guess its just the way he does it...i dont know.

Clinton was very young this year starting 2 freshmen and at least 5 sophomores. They will be better next year. And win or lose, i will be there cheering them on!

GO DRAGONS!!!!

Every dog has its' day.

There's a season for all things.

New blood is not always a bad thing.

Doesn't mean coaches aren't good guys. And sadly to say, in football, IT IS, "What have you done for me lately?" The sad reality sometimes is that you're only as good as your last GAME, let alone last season. Just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck, Clinton. I sincerely do not want our rivalries to vanish. This last game was just NOT "like it used to be".

Every dog has its' day.

There's a season for all things.

New blood is not always a bad thing.

Doesn't mean coaches aren't good guys. And sadly to say, in football, IT IS, "What have you done for me lately?" The sad reality sometimes is that you're only as good as your last GAME, let alone last season. Just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck, Clinton. I sincerely do not want our rivalries to vanish. This last game was just NOT "like it used to be".

I knew that this was going to be a rebuilding year for Clinton. Before the season even started, the newspapers were saying that if you were going to beat Clinton, you needed to do it this year because they were going to be alot better the next couple of years.

I believe the biggest problem i had was it seemed like the players gave up when times got bad. There were even a couple of players saying that they were "tired" of football with a couple of games left in the season.

We should be better next season. Win or lose, i will be there cheering on my Dragons!

I think Clinton has a good staff but the thing is that players like Stone and Hazelhurst don't come along often, much less at the same time. You can't replace those guys. Everyone has heard the jimmys and joes, not x's and o's saying. And that is the difference in this years and last years team in my opinion. It's like the 92 Clinton team, that region might never see another Scotty Witt. He is still one of the best high school players I've ever seen and he had a great line. The year after that, they lost in the first round. It happens. They will be back

I knew that this was going to be a rebuilding year for Clinton. Before the season even started, the newspapers were saying that if you were going to beat Clinton, you needed to do it this year because they were going to be alot better the next couple of years.

I believe the biggest problem i had was it seemed like the players gave up when times got bad. There were even a couple of players saying that they were "tired" of football with a couple of games left in the season.

We should be better next season. Win or lose, i will be there cheering on my Dragons!

Bump!

92D...I respect your loyalty.

Bump!

92D...I respect your loyalty.

Thanks opp. There is one guy that gets on here and says that he played for Clinton but all he does is bash them. I dont see how someone can wear that Dragon uniform and then get on here and bad mouth them so much. Apparently, that person didnt get to play alot or something.

As long as these young men dont get into trouble, graduate, and play their butts off for this program, I dont care if we finish 5-5 or 6-4 every year. There is more to football than winning. Alot of people forget that from time to time.