BLACKMAN VS OVERTON

pattonboysdad

I agree. Your defense is tough. One of the best and very physical. Overton will try to pound but I agree I think they will have to mix it up and try a couple of passes to keep things more balanced. I think it will be much closer than people think.

Not as close as Blackman's last few come from behind wins. But id say Blackman by a TD

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that Blackman caught a huge break considering some of the other 1st round match ups. Overton is definitley the weakest team in this quad. Overton sucks. 35-0 BHS.

Yep Blackman caught a break. Overton is awful they were lucky to win a couple of games this year. The coaching staff is pathetic. The RB is about as slow as next Christmas and he is as soft as a pudding cup. The receivers are slow and must forget to wash their hands after eating them pregame buttered rolls. The line is so small they couldnt line up against UNA and get a good push. Defensively they cant tackle a thing. Dont even get me started on special teams.

All sarcasm of course.

Edited by workinprogress

Biggest problem Overton has is depth and they have not had the schedule to really get them ready that our district provides in spades! While they have wins against alot of 'Metro' teams (and it is NO secret what I think of Metro) they do not have the second and third lines to throw in the game to give the starters a break. Also too many of their folks having to play both ways.

Figure a real close game up until the 4th quarter. Then Blackman pulls away with it. Overton gets tired early and it will be UGLY!

Now what kind of condition is the field in after the war on it last week?

I believe these two teams used to play each other a couple of years ago. Overton scrimmages Smyrna and started the series while Shad was there. I would think that both schools would know what to expect. It will be closer than many posters say. I would think Old Dad would be pretty accurate in his posts. If Overton can stay in the game and not commit turnovers then expect a tight game. I know Mathers is the real deal and will be tough to contain. If Overton can find a way to do that then who knows what will happen. If Mathers gets loose then it could be a long night for the bobcats. Im pulling for the bobcats in the huge upset.

I believe these two teams used to play each other a couple of years ago. Overton scrimmages Smyrna and started the series while Shad was there. I would think that both schools would know what to expect. It will be closer than many posters say. I would think Old Dad would be pretty accurate in his posts. If Overton can stay in the game and not commit turnovers then expect a tight game. I know Mathers is the real deal and will be tough to contain. If Overton can find a way to do that then who knows what will happen. If Mathers gets loose then it could be a long night for the bobcats. Im pulling for the bobcats in the huge upset.

containing Mr. Mathers is a BIG IF! it is sort of like guarding michael jordan...you know jordan is going to get his...you just can't let the others around him get theres too if you expect to win!

personally i think this will be a good physical game...but i'm not sure it's a good match up in the sense that your strength is running the football and our strength is stopping the run...favor blackman!

and you will need to put up some points...at least 28 to have a chance to win!

and you will need to pass the ball for a couple of hundred yards and 2 TD's to win...which is certainly a possibility against us but i heard yall don't pass much...but neither did riverdale until we played them...LOL!

so if you score 28...with no turnovers...and we turn the ball over 3 to 5 times ...it could be close!

and trust me...i don't buy into some of the post on here about it being a blowout...this is the playoffs and everyone is motivated...TD's post is crazy...he's a riverdale fan and he's just trying to put some bulletin board material out there for overton...pay not attention to him...