BLACKMAN VS OVERTON

pattonboysdad

containing Mr. Mathers is a BIG IF! it is sort of like guarding michael jordan...you know jordan is going to get his...you just can't let the others around him get theres too if you expect to win!

personally i think this will be a good physical game...but i'm not sure it's a good match up in the sense that your strength is running the football and our strength is stopping the run...favor blackman!

and you will need to put up some points...at least 28 to have a chance to win!

and you will need to pass the ball for a couple of hundred yards and 2 TD's to win...which is certainly a possibility against us but i heard yall don't pass much...but neither did riverdale until we played them...LOL!

so if you score 28...with no turnovers...and we turn the ball over 3 to 5 times ...it could be close!

and trust me...i don't buy into some of the post on here about it being a blowout...this is the playoffs and everyone is motivated...TD's post is crazy...he's a riverdale fan and he's just trying to put some bulletin board material out there for overton...pay not attention to him...

Good comparison. The passing game will have to come into play. Overton has some talent there so maybe they can pull off some deep passes to keep Blackman honest. If Overton can play ball control and run the clock with long drives I think they can win. They have to limit Mathers damage. You are right; He will get his. But if he is limited and if they can stop him at all then who else does Blackman have? All I have heard is how great Mathers is and not much else. Of course with him you dont need much else so that may be an awful question.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good comparison. The passing game will have to come into play. Overton has some talent there so maybe they can pull off some deep passes to keep Blackman honest. If Overton can play ball control and run the clock with long drives I think they can win. They have to limit Mathers damage. You are right; He will get his. But if he is limited and if they can stop him at all then who else does Blackman have? All I have heard is how great Mathers is and not much else. Of course with him you dont need much else so that may be an awful question.

our QB does have 13 touchdowns! with 8 in the box like you will have to have to "contain" mathers...we get some good looks in passing!

our head coach is a master play caller...and our oline has really dominated some great teams this year! smyrna and oakland have been the best defenses we have played all year and they were both big and fast and they gave us trouble...brentwood and riverdale were big...but not fast and did not give us trouble! got to remember that the reason mathers is mathers is two fold...MATHERS IS A MAN AMONG BOYS...and the oline really has improved tremendously over the year! the dad of our center wacks him in the head before each game to make him play good and it works! :shock:

our front 8 on defense are as good as there are anywhere...4 down lineman and 4 linebackers...the two inside guys bring the wood and the 2 outside guys are serious ball players! all seniors...all tough and physical...inside guys may be the biggest and fastest PAIR (key word is "pair") in the state! corners playing MUCH better ...until last week and safety is a player on offense and defense! just hard to imagine anyone just running off tackle on us our of "I"...never seen it done well this year for any amount of time!

but heck...i've been wrong plenty...this is the playoffs...and this is why we play these silly little games!

Biggest problem Overton has is depth and they have not had the schedule to really get them ready that our district provides in spades! While they have wins against alot of 'Metro' teams (and it is NO secret what I think of Metro) they do not have the second and third lines to throw in the game to give the starters a break. Also too many of their folks having to play both ways.

Figure a real close game up until the 4th quarter. Then Blackman pulls away with it. Overton gets tired early and it will be UGLY!

Now what kind of condition is the field in after the war on it last week?

This game will not be close at halftime. Overton would have a chance if they would get Hampton involved more. He will be the best player on the field but Overton would rather keep handing it to the other guy. Overton sucks.35-0 BHS.

Biggest problem Overton has is depth and they have not had the schedule to really get them ready that our district provides in spades! While they have wins against alot of 'Metro' teams (and it is NO secret what I think of Metro) they do not have the second and third lines to throw in the game to give the starters a break. Also too many of their folks having to play both ways.

Figure a real close game up until the 4th quarter. Then Blackman pulls away with it. Overton gets tired early and it will be UGLY!

Now what kind of condition is the field in after the war on it last week?

The Field is in great shape. No bad wear, plays that gained big took away from a trench battle.

Yes. Bigger,stronger,faster. It wont show on the field because Overton will line him up at receiver primarily and only get him the ball between 5-6 times.He is #5. Overton sucks.BHS 35-0.

well he may be...but i'll have to see it to believe it! as Reagan said... "trust but verify"...

you seem pretty sure hampton is better...a definitive "yes...bigger, stronger, faster"... have you seen mathers? have you seen him play? with Mr. Mathers, you are talking about a kid that may be ONE of the biggest recruits coming out of these parts in a while?

there is a thread i posted last night with his highlights from last 3 games against top rated teams...take a look at that and see if your opinion changes!

sounds like you are a disgrunted overton supporter or have personal ties with hampton??? when reading your post i can help but to at least wonder if this is the case...i'm not saying it is...but i smell something!

hampton better than Mr. Mathers???

IF Hampton is better than MATHERS then it seems like your coach would have played him more by now u play your best!!Dont think he is whats his stats MATHERS was the leading rusher last year at BLACKMAN an he was the 3rd back what was Hampton :roflol:This is for the THESPOON not you Pattonboysdad :thumb:

Edited by watchman

well he may be...but i'll have to see it to believe it! as Reagan said... "trust but verify"...

you seem pretty sure hampton is better...a definitive "yes...bigger, stronger, faster"... have you seen mathers? have you seen him play? with Mr. Mathers, you are talking about a kid that may be ONE of the biggest recruits coming out of these parts in a while?

there is a thread i posted last night with his highlights from last 3 games against top rated teams...take a look at that and see if your opinion changes!

sounds like you are a disgrunted overton supporter or have personal ties with hampton??? when reading your post i can help but to at least wonder if this is the case...i'm not saying it is...but i smell something!

Yep I have seen Mathers play 5 times and he is a heck of a player. I am not knocking him. He will definitly lead Blackman to a HUGE victory. Overton sucks because they would rather run #7, 25-30 times a game and he is no where close to the player or playmaker that Hampton is. I have no ties to any player in this game I just think Overton sucks.