Whitehaven vs White Station

spartanfan75

I am interested to hear what others think of this game. They beat us once this year 32-13.

Whitehaven has the talent to beat us again. I think we are playing better now, fewer penalties and turnovers. So I would expect us to be more competitive. Another factor, Whitehaven has had the high talent level in preceeding years, yet seem to have a problem playing up to potential in playoff games. So I certainly thing we have a shot to pull the upset.

Coach Rutherford has done an outstanding job with this team this season. He Has to be looked at as one of the better coaches in the Memphis Area. The early part of the season the Young Spartans were trying to find their way. Rutherford made a few tweeks here and there and he got this team rolling into the playoffs. I can hardly wait to see how this game plays out Friday at Whitehaven. :thumb:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Thanks for the ups on the coaching staff. We have made some changes and continue to get better, and I think it will be a good game no matter the outcome. Its always fun to see these two teams line up and battle. Good luck to both teams and I hope the field holds up. Last time we played there it was not good and all this rain is sure not gonna help it.

I was trying to explain to my son WHY I am so apprehensive about this game and he just couldn't understand. I took him through White Station's schedule and tried to explain to him that White Station is a very good 5-5 team who played a very difficult schedule with a very young team. I tried to explain that White Station was competitive in all and that they have turned their season around. He started to understand some what. I think that the White Station that lines up on Friday will be a much improved White Station who will be ready to play. This game may LOOK like Whitehaven should win ... but I know better. Whitehaven BETTER come with their chin straps locked and their 'A' game mentality and expect an all out battle.

We are not quite the same team they faced earlier this year, but I am sure they have improved also. They are clearly a very athletic team and we have to do everything right to compete. If we control mental mistakes, and do not turn it over, then this game may come down to the fourth quarter. On the other hand, last time they scored 18 points in less than two minutes so they are explosive. I do believe that White Station and Brentwood are very dangerous 8 seeds and could shock some people.

We are not quite the same team they faced earlier this year, but I am sure they have improved also. They are clearly a very athletic team and we have to do everything right to compete. If we control mental mistakes, and do not turn it over, then this game may come down to the fourth quarter. On the other hand, last time they scored 18 points in less than two minutes so they are explosive. I do believe that White Station and Brentwood are very dangerous 8 seeds and could shock some people.

I've read some threads where the fans of teams in Quad 3 in 6A are not happy campers, especially those Brentwood fans. I understand their frustration because Brentwood won their district ... yet they are an 8 seed. Last year Whitehaven was 8-2 and by virtue of last years play-off format, Whitehaven had to travel to Germantown to face the winner of District 15. What a reward for Germantown! So ... I understand fully how some folks feel AND I understand how DANGEROUS the first round game can be. EVERY team is good and don't overlook ANYBODY! It's a brand new season and everybody is 0-0.

That being said ... Respect Da Haven!

GO Whitehaven Tigers and beat those White Station Spartans!

• Upvote 1

The only way Whitehaven looses this game will be the coaching staff not opening up the playbook. All year long the only thing that has held this team back has been conservative play calling. Example, Fairley, Whitestation, Ridgeway, and Christian Brothers. The First half run up the middle over and over. 2nd half When they open up the offense, the flood gates come open with the exception of the of the Ridgeway and Melrose games. I believe 3 turn overs in the redzone in both games, want blame coaches for players not stepping up and making plays.

white station is a two man offensive team. Either the qb is going to run the ball or rb. Passing game is weak. Then they have spells where they become unglued. One thing about them that is good from all other memphis teams is that they are healthy. Compared to da haven, whitehaven by two touchdowns 14-0, unless their two qb system fail to show up. Its da haven defense winning those game and not the offense.

The only way Whitehaven looses this game will be the coaching staff not opening up the playbook. All year long the only thing that has held this team back has been conservative play calling. Example, Fairley, Whitestation, Ridgeway, and Christian Brothers. The First half run up the middle over and over. 2nd half When they open up the offense, the flood gates come open with the exception of the of the Ridgeway and Melrose games. I believe 3 turn overs in the redzone in both games, want blame coaches for players not stepping up and making plays.

The first time we played it was a 14-13 game in the fourth quarter. We turned the ball over and gave them a short field, and Whitehaven scored. 2 plays later a ball off of one of our receivers helmet was intercepted and returned 22 yards for a touchdown. Then down 2 scores with 3:20 to go we had to go for it on 4th and 7 and did not get it. That lead to a short field again and a touchdown. So those 3 turnovers were the biggest difference in the game. If we control ourselves this could be a great game, if not then it wont be close.