WHO IS GOING HOME WITH THE DII AA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

shakinthefat

The new season (playoffs) starts this week.

What are your predictions or educated guesses on the DII AA playoff outcome?

Who has the easiest path to Cookeville and who has the most difficult path?

McCallie vs BC - Winner vs Baylor

SBA vs BGA - Winner vs CBHS

MBA vs Ryan - Winner vs Ensworth

BA vs JP2 - Winner vs MUS

Edited by shakinthefat

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new season (playoffs) starts this week.

What are your predictions or educated guesses on the DII AA playoff outcome?

Who has the easiest path to Cookeville and who has the most difficult path?

McCallie vs BC - Winner vs Baylor

SBA vs BGA - Winner vs CBHS

MBA vs Ryan - Winner vs Ensworth

BA vs JP2 - Winner vs MUS

Baylor definitely has the easiest path to the State Championship game.

No kidding...on that side, MBA, BA, FRHS, and MUS have claimed all but 1 D2 title since its inception, right? McCallie '01 being the exception?

the winner of that side will (possibly) get "rewarded" with a game against Baylor, who's been the best team most of the year.

This could actually set up well on our side...Anytime you get an extra MBA-EHS game, that's a good thing. And BA-MUS is a great rivalry from the old 2A play-off days. Cool stuff.

Looks like you could also get another Baylor-McCallie game. Not a bad thing either.

Edited by big red big blue

Being a Baylor fan I have seen BGA,BA, MBA,Father Ryan, Ensworth and McCallie. However, I have not seen BC or CBHS. I really don't know anything about them this year. Can anyone shed some light on those teams? Looks like the Red Raiders play the winner of the BC/McCallie game so I am very interested in how BC has fared this year.

Being a Baylor fan I have seen BGA,BA, MBA,Father Ryan, Ensworth and McCallie. However, I have not seen BC or CBHS. I really don't know anything about them this year. Can anyone shed some light on those teams? Looks like the Red Raiders play the winner of the BC/McCallie game so I am very interested in how BC has fared this year.

I did a small amount of research and did see where CBHS finished in 1st place in the west. They beat MUS by a touchdown and beat Briarcrest 21-20. Looks like the west teams were pretty close this year.

No kidding...on that side, MBA, BA, FRHS, and MUS have claimed all but 1 D2 title since its inception, right? McCallie '01 being the exception?

the winner of that side will (possibly) get "rewarded" with a game against Baylor, who's been the best team most of the year.

This could actually set up well on our side...Anytime you get an extra MBA-EHS game, that's a good thing. And BA-MUS is a great rivalry from the old 2A play-off days. Cool stuff.

Looks like you could also get another Baylor-McCallie game. Not a bad thing either.

So to get to the championship, MBA has to beat its 3 biggest rivals (two of them away)or 3 of its 3 biggest rivals, and one of the few teams having a winning record against MBA....charming.

So to get to the championship, MBA has to beat its 3 biggest rivals (two of them away)or 3 of its 3 biggest rivals, and one of the few teams having a winning record against MBA....charming.

Unfortunately MBA won close games with Ensworth and BGA. If they would have lost them, it's a 1st round game with SBA. That's the team that spanked Bishop Byrne DII A (0-9), G.W. Carver AA (0-10), Manassas AA (4-6) and Fayette Academy DII A(4-6). SBA lost to FRA (DII A)29 to 28.

Ryan played everyone close this year except for BA.

So maybe the E/M region should get three 1st round byes and the West region one 1st round bye.

Simple ratio:

8 teams over 2 byes = 4 teams over X byes

8/2 = 4/X

8X = 8

X = 1 bye

Yes, I did graduate from a Nashville public school.

You got to have one upset in the opening round.

I'm predicting a Ryan upset in the 1st round over MBA. Ryan's kicking game will win it.

Sorry KW but you got to call'em like you see'em.

Edited by shakinthefat

Yes, I did graduate from a Nashville public school.

You got to have one upset in the opening round.

I'm predicting a Ryan upset in the 1st round over MBA. Ryan's kicking game will win it.

Sorry KW but you got to call'em like you see'em.

No apology necessary, I call 'em the same way. If i have to bet the pension, MBA gets past Ryan and the season ends at Ensworth. I'm hoping the off week has a bad effect on EHS. That's an awfully talented team with a lot of weapons to beat twice on their field.

Of course, I didn't expect them to get past Ensworth last year either, so waht do I know?

No apology necessary, I call 'em the same way. If i have to bet the pension, MBA gets past Ryan and the season ends at Ensworth. I'm hoping the off week has a bad effect on EHS. That's an awfully talented team with a lot of weapons to beat twice on their field.

Of course, I didn't expect them to get past Ensworth last year either, so waht do I know?

I just noticed that the D-II Championship games are on Thursday Dec 2 according to the TSSAA web-site.

A --- 3:30 CST

AA --- 7:00 CST

As far as who will make it to the game.....my best guess would be Baylor vs the winner of the BA/EHS. I just don't know enough about the teams from the west to make an educated guess about their chances.

I just noticed that the D-II Championship games are on Thursday Dec 2 according to the TSSAA web-site.

A --- 3:30 CST

AA --- 7:00 CST

As far as who will make it to the game.....my best guess would be Baylor vs the winner of the BA/EHS. I just don't know enough about the teams from the west to make an educated guess about their chances.

Yes...we debated that one extensively. It's a sign of the high regard in which the TSSAA holds the independent schools. The game is also being played in the back lot of the Lower Algood First Baptist church. If pre-game ticket sales are brisk, they may even move in a set of bleachers.

I heard they ordered extra porta potties!

I don't know who has the easiest path to the championship game. I am however looking forward to some good football. I am also hoping to make it out of the first round and Blue and Red rematch!

I agree bluemom I would love to see another baylor mccallie game this year. I do think this side of the bracket has the better draw, the team that makes it through ensworth,mba,ba and mus will have to dig deep to have enough left in the tank for the title game.

That too may be wishful thinking on my part. Good luck and be safe if you head to memphis.

GO BIG RED