WHO IS GOING HOME WITH THE DII AA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

shakinthefat

My short thoughts based off comments:

Lastly, how in the world are we having playoffs this weekend and JPII and St. Benedict are playing? Byes in the playoffs? What is this? I don't even think St Benedict won a region game - and they are in the playoffs? This "play-in" game or whatever you call it is a result of our culture or current society: SOFT! I think, well, it's gross really, but I have no say. Make everybody feel good about themselves - is that it? Silly. The real world isn't so friendly. You'd think this is football in France! Everybody makes the playoffs! . . . ludicrous.

What is this???? Everyone makes the playoffs, why, It's called $$$$$MONEY$$$$$$ Think how much the TSSAA looses if you take away 4 DIIAA teams from the playoffs. It's all about the almighty dollar. At $8 a ticket and 2 more playoff games, it adds up.....it's that simple.

Edited by shakinthefat

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, just skidding into driveway after work! The only audio im aware of tonite is the one posted above. I don't think they are video streaming.

Go Blue!!!!!

Should be a great week with 4 really good match-ups. Can BGA go to Memphis and beat CBHS that would be awesome and save me some miles on my car. Slightly counting chickens before hatching, I know its your biggest rival but Baylor should handle mccallie.

I look for ensworth and BA to win, and then the semi-final games would be Baylor vs BGA/CBHS and BA/Ensworth and then another week off, hard to get in sync and stay there.

I really haven't seen anyhting to make me think that BGA can't go over to Memphis and win. They have good athletes a very good QB and good targets just hope they can make the trip and stay focused.

GO BIG RED

. . .

Lastly, how in the world are we having playoffs this weekend and JPII and St. Benedict are playing? Byes in the playoffs? What is this? I don't even think St Benedict won a region game - and they are in the playoffs? This "play-in" game or whatever you call it is a result of our culture or current society: SOFT! I think, well, it's gross really, but I have no say. Make everybody feel good about themselves - is that it? Silly. The real world isn't so friendly. You'd think this is football in France! Everybody makes the playoffs! . . . ludicrous.

Hey, I'd go easy on France. If this type screw job that we have in DII was in France, there'd be riots at the TSSAA offices and all the directors would have their cars fire bombed! Maybe we should be a little more French, and our league wouldn't be treated with so much disrespect. ;)

Maybe former players could get cushy pensions also. :D

Really don't understand the anti-losing record argument. Teams play different schedules and how do you discern the better team from one who finishes 6-6 versus 5-7 or even 4-8? The teams they played are different, the circumstances are different. I say just let them play...if your team is better (according to "records") the you really shouldn't worry.........should ya?

Really don't understand the anti-losing record argument. Teams play different schedules and how do you discern the better team from one who finishes 6-6 versus 5-7 or even 4-8? The teams they played are different, the circumstances are different. I say just let them play...if your team is better (according to "records") the you really shouldn't worry.........should ya?

It takes away from having to perform during the season. I also don't think a team that is below 500 should be in the playoffs. Just my opinion. Oldwiseone...last time I saw you post you wanted to fire McCallie's football staff. I did understand what you was saying. It seems that McCallie has slowly gone down in the last few years. I understand your frustration...much like mine has been with Red Bank this year.

Edited by bluelion

MUS vs BA

MUS is the defending state champions. MUS has won the DII AA state championship 4 out of the last 6 years. Two of those wins were against BA. MUS has 17 wins over BA out of 25 meetings. The game will be held at MUS. Two common opponents this year Kingsbury and Olive Branch. Both teams beat Kingsbury, MUS lost to OB, BA beat OB.

MUS should be favored, game will be close.

MUS vs BA

MUS is the defending state champions. MUS has won the DII AA state championship 4 out of the last 6 years. Two of those wins were against BA. MUS has 17 wins over BA out of 25 meetings. The game will be held at MUS. Two common opponents this year Kingsbury and Olive Branch. Both teams beat Kingsbury, MUS lost to OB, BA beat OB.

Point of clarification - BA has the 17-8 series advantage (8-5 post-split, 9-3 pre-split).

MUS vs BA

On what basis are you making your claim that MUS should be favored? Of the 2 common opponents, BA ran Olive Branch out of the stadium. I like the fact that folks perceive BA as the underdog, but gosh, of their 2 losses it's not like Baylor and Ensworth won decisively...both teams had a ton of help from BA mistakes, and the games were both nail biters. My money is on BA in this one.

I personally don't mind the losing teams making the playoffs. If there were more teams in D2 then some could be excluded. As to it making the regular season not count, the regular season record is what is used to seed the brackets. If you want to stay at home, win.

Full disclosure, my team does have a losing record this season. If there were more teams, I would have to say their season is over. As it is, we have already been to Memphis and will travel again this week. We will not complain!

Brentwood Academy at Ensworth - Toss up. The team with the least amount of turnovers will win this one. BA will need to stop Elder and force EHS to pass. EHS will need to slow down the BA offense. If the "you can only beat a team once in a season" rule is in play, then BA wins this one.

BGA at Baylor - Baylor wins by 10. BGA just runs out of steam after upsetting CBHS.

Edited by shakinthefat