New Sheriff tries to shut down kid's wrestling program

StarRaider

Congratulations, we managed to elect a vindictive idiot as the new sheriff of Rutherford County. I wonder if this guy's role model is Heinrich Himmler.

Rutherford Wrestling Club

DNJ Article

Are you kidding me? The Sharpshooters are a well known group in AAU for the Tennessee area! You would have to be living under a rock not to know that! People like this are the reason wrestling continues not to grow! Anyway, if the mats were property of the sherrif's department, what would they do with them. Why would they find it necessary to pick them up? Way to get public approval; take away froma bunch of kids! If they (the mats) were there for the kids, someone obviously knew they were there. It is ashame when elected officialy get lazy in there jobs...or use kids to get back at someone. Good luck to the Sharpshooters!

After reading the article it sounds as if tho he was misrepresenting the Sheriff Department. Using their address for all business that pertain to the Sharp Shooters. Seems their could end up being legal aspects of the function and formation of the wrestling club with its fundings and expenses. Time and only proof will tell.

Folks you can bet your next paycheck on three things:

1. This is going to get even more ugly and both sides will be responsible.

2. The Rutherford County Sheriff's Department will do an audit and will want to account for every single piece of equipment and will want an official accounting of each & every dollar.

3. The kids are going to be hurt as the adults allow this play out in the court system.

I have been audited on both the corporate & personal levels and the auditors seem to always find something that you have not done properly. If the auditors find that someone had any type of personal gain that was not reported this could become costly very quickly.

Let's all hope that this problem is resolved quickly and the Sharp Shooters/Rutherford County Wrestling Club are allowed to get back to the task of training young athletes.

Edited by cbg

Attention: Parents of the wrestlers of the Sheriff's Sharpshooter wrestling club and parents who are interested in their child wrestling in the Murfreesboro area. My name is Josh Harris; I am a former hwt state champion and state runner up from Rhea Co. I now coach football and wrestling at Oakland High. My son wrestled for the sharpshooters last year and we were planning on doing it again this year until I heard about the price increase. We are working on starting a new program that will be held at Oakland High; Tuesdays and Thursdays nights from around 5:30p til 7:30p for ages 5 through middle school age children. Right now we want to see what kind of interest from the community there would be to make that happen. The cost of wrestling would be around 25 dollars a month (not a week). The proceeds from the monthly fee will go towards raising money for a new wrestling facility at Oakland High. If you are interested in your child wrestling for a reasonable price. Please e-mail me or call so that we could get the ball rolling on this project and get your child ready for this wrestling season.

harrisj@rcs.k12.tn.us

615-414-4213

what a jerk, i dont have words to describe how mad this made me, responsibility to the people? how about to those kids? if he needed it acounted for go acount for it! Note to the sherif a wrestling mat is big and hard to miss and even harder to move. but i'm sure you know that after you wasted your inmates time taking it out and moveing it back.